Monday's nearly here. Are we all ready for the week ahead?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday's nearly here. Are we all ready for the week ahead?

This could be challenging week ahead if we have to start excluding children for coughs and a temperature. I've messaged all parents telling them what will happen, but I know there'll be one that doesn't like it!

I think I'm all ready:

Letters have gone home explaining the situation
    Anyone coming into the house is washing their hands (family & visitors)
    Anyone coughing is told to wash their hands
    I've got kitchen roll ready for hand drying and a bin for it and tissues to be put straight in
    I've got disinfectant spray to spray the toys at the beginning and end of each day
    I'll be spraying any toys brought in from home
    I've packed away anything that can't be easily disinfected (such as playdough)
    All handovers will be done at the door so parents aren't coming into the house
    I've got a thermometer ready to check temperatures
    I've got antibac hand wipes for if/when we go out

Can anyone think of anything else?

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What do people think about using baby bath instead of hand wash for the children to wash their hands?

My grandson, in particular, has been washing his hands a lot at school and here. Now his hands are very dry and quite sore. I don't want the same to happen to the minded children if we're adding in extra hand washes throughout the day. I thought a gentle baby bath might be less harsh, but would it be good enough?

4. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly, Maza liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    What do people think about using baby bath instead of hand wash for the children to wash their hands?

My grandson, in particular, has been washing his hands a lot at school and here. Now his hands are very dry and quite sore. I don't want the same to happen to the minded children if we're adding in extra hand washes throughout the day. I thought a gentle baby bath might be less harsh, but would it be good enough?
    I was wondering the same.

my own hands are getting very dry and sore.

Well done with your list, that's very comprehensive. I'm not working till tuesday. Its scaring me. I've had several parents tell me child 'just has a cold' ... I said i don't care about snot ... BUT if they have a temp or a cough then they can't come ! end of!

I threw away ALL playdough on friday!

6. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is everyone still going to groups for the time being?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One of the groups I go to has decided to close.

I'm undecided about the others! Actually this week, I have other plans, so wouldn't be going ... think I'm going to play it by ear. The smaller groups where you know everyone, you might have a better idea about how good handwashing etc might be. I might give bigger groups a miss.

9. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've asked parents what they want me to do about groups and going out (shops, library etc). A couple have said they'd prefer us not to go, so I've said we won't. The other parents are fine about that - no one is insisting we should still go!

In normal circumstances I wouldn't even consider asking parents, but these are far from normal circumstances!

11. Likes Dragonfly, Maza, loocyloo liked this post