In case of self isolation what would you stockpile?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default In case of self isolation what would you stockpile?

So say you were told to close and self isolate.

What would you think about stockpiling to get through the two weeks. Im noy talking food toilet rolls etc.

Im thinking paint and decorating supplies. Also plants for the garden etc. I have books and plenty of wool.

I do wonder how ds2 would cope he cant stand being indoors for a long period of time.

What would you all want?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Toothpaste would be more important to me than toilet roll. I couldn't imaging running out of toothpaste and not being able to get any more. Perhaps I'd better go and stock up now

I'd hope for some good weather while I was self-isolating, so a comfy garden chair would be good. Ours are ok, but not overly comfortable to sit in for a long time. I have a big pile of books to get through and plenty of crochet I could be doing, so I'd have plenty to keep me busy

If I was going to be stuck indoors I'd definitely have a few long lie ins. I think a teasmade would be a good idea so that I could set it to wake me up with a fresh cuppa each day. I could wake up at noon, have a cup of tea and stay in bed reading

And board games. We do enjoy family board games at Christmas, but we just don't get time throughout the rest of the year. If we're all isolated together, I think some new games would be good

Maybe self-isolation would be so bad after all!

4. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora, Pixie dust, Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am just about ready for getting back into the garden, so hopefully that’s how I plan to spend my time.....with seeds, cleaning greenhouse, preparing veg beds.... living in the middle of nowhere I will happily walk out too, discover some fields I haven’t walked in yet, explore getting down to the beck behind me which I know is there but haven’t quite found a pathway that safely leads to it. ....I walked out for an hour the other day and met no one, so I think that’s allowed? ....but if I am poorly, having had swine flu in 2009, I know I will probably have no energy so....planning the garden, watching films, reading books, listening to books and podcasts, colouring and general low key crafting like stone painting is my thoughts. I have kindle unlimited so will work my way through their magazines if I find I can’t concentrate.

I can happily self isolate, and virtually do this anyway now inbetween groups and DH time.
    My worry is self isolating from DH if I catch it as he has a respiratory issue.

My plan is to have a hospitality type tray in the spare room, with a tv, fire stick and apple box, have coffee, tea, hot choc, complan, Ribena, soup, pot noodle type things that I can make with boiled water. A big bowl of fruit and raw veg sticks, supplied regularly, alongside some meals by leaving it outside my door . Choose the closest bathroom that is mine only and have cleaning equipment and rubber gloves and bin bags in there for only me to use. I wash my own plates and cups and reuse in there too.
    When DH out I don plastic gloves, don’t touch a thing like door handles etc...as he will leave them all open and if I am well enough, wash my own clothes, tumble or hang on line, spend some time outdoors, just sitting if poorly, burning my tissues in the burner we have and then return to room when he is due back.

We reckon we can have conversations from a distance without spreading germs and we can swap early evening G&T for hot whisky toddies, ( all ingredients in my room as well as pantry), he sits on the stairs and we converse and share our ( non) news for half an hour each night.

6. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A chance to lie around and read, and maybe get to grips with crocheting! I really want to make amagurami creatures, but just can't do it, unless total silence and no one interrupts me! In fact, I haven't had time for so long ... I've probably forgotten how!
    I could have a really good sort out of all my toys, books etc. I don't want to use my holidays and weekends to do it, and there is only so much you can do with minded children around!

I too would want toothpaste and maybe crisps!

I'm not fussed about sweets and could make cakes etc!

8. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of stuff from a hardware store so that DH could work through his list of odd jobs!

Vaseline for my lips as I use tons of the stuff everyday and can't focus on anything else if I can't find one of my million tins immediately.

Lots of books.

Various sizes of lidded boxes (plastic, sorry) so that I could continue sorting all our cupboards, craft supplies etc. Unlimited supply of ink in my printer so that I can make labels for them all.

Tons of chew sticks for my puppy because he would drive himself and us crazy if he didn't have any, bless him.

10. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm starting to put together some plans for keeping children busy that I can share through the weeks to support everyone - and I am doing some work on my own action plan for cpd so I can keep pushing myself forwards.

I will find it hard - I like to be out and about - but I will keep busy!

12. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Sarah !

14. Likes loocyloo, sarah707 liked this post