Good Morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Morning Wednesday

The sun is shining, it's not freezing cold and there's no rain at the moment. So far, so good

Question of the day:

Have you ever answered the door in your pyjamas? Is it something you'd do regularly?

I have a carefully timed morning routine which means I can get up as late as 20 minutes before the first child is due and still be ready. Ideally I allow myself 45 minutes to get ready, but if I'm running late I can do it in less time.

Years ago I had a childminding friend who had a 6am start and she would still be in her PJs when the children arrived. She'd then leave them watching TV while she had a shower and got dressed. The family really didn't mind, but I always thought it was something I couldn't do.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that’s a definite no! As a childminder I get up really early to make sure my dog has had a walk/ run at the fields. I check round to make sure everything is ready for the day.I've had breakfast , wiped handles etc. All should ready don’t you think? They are people paying you not friends/ relatives. I used to start at 6.30 wouldn’t dream of being in pyjamas

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning! Looks lovely and sunny but rain forecast later !!!!

I'm up and waiting for a child whose mum has just text to say they are running late!

I've answered the door to the postman in my pjs but never to a minded child. It would feel wrong. I'm usually making pack ups and sorting stuff for the day when my early ones arrive... they sit at table for breakfast and I carry on. I'm usually sorted by 8! But if pushed I can be out of bed, washed and dressed in 10 mins!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, morning mouse have a good day. Hopefully not in pj’s

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning all,

Definately dressed for paid work I would say.

In my previous life I was always up and dressed, always conscious of a possible visitor/ delivery/ postman so all ready for the day early doors.

Now..... I get up at 5.30/6 on days I am at home and stay in my PJ’s until DH joins me at 8 usually. I am realising that no one visits, for deliveries and postmen we are largely afternoon slots, so I often linger on, tidying, crafting, I have even been known to garden in my PJ’s! I get round it in my head by wearing a long cardigan instead of a dressing gown and a scarf draped (I always wear a scarf anyway) so...on the occasion I do have to answer the door ( or catch chickens in the road, or shoo sheep back into the field) I look almost dressed.

Windy up here, planning for toddler tomorrow...thinking of collage sticky plastic window cling daffodil heads as the daffs are just beginning to open and wondering if potato flake sensory play is a possibility as we have a number of babies that put everything in their mouth.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No pjs here even when i have done early starts i like to be dressed and ready.

Ds has gone on a trip to harry potter world today unfortunately dds trip to the nec was cancelled:-( so he was happy she not as much

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh, never pyjamas.

Although you say your friend's family didn't mind, it only takes something to happen to one of the children whilst she is in the shower and then she would probably find that actually, they do mind. I remember I had to have a quick shower once after a mindee had been sick all over me. I waited until he had been collected and the other mindee was in bed, but I still felt really naughty and stressed while I was in the shower.

13. Likes FloraDora, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

Lovely and sunny here but still very windy! and rain forecast just in time for the school run

To answer your question. We are providing a professional service to parents and their children. If I turned up to a childminders house with my daughter and she was in her pyjamas, I would think she wasn't ready and can't be bothered to care for my daughter.
    Would you turn up to another place of work in your pj's?
    We are professionals, so act like one, get dressed, do your hair and greet the children and parents with a smile, you never know what sort of night they've had.

15. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we all agree, opening the door in PJs is a no no!

It was about 20 years ago that my cm friend used to go to the door in her pyjamas, but even back then I thought it was odd and not something I'd do. We have always had to fight the battle to be accepted as professionals and I do think you have to be professional if you want to be accepted as a professional. To me, that includes being up and dressed and ready for the day ahead. If children arrive very early you either accept that and make sure you're ready, or you don't take the work on if you don't want to be up and ready at the crack of dawn!

17. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just remembered there was one time I did go to the door in my pyjamas

It was my week off. I'd reminded all parents but, as usual, there was one who forgot and turned up to drop her son off. I was still in bed so went dashing down to the door. As soon as she saw me she realised what she'd done and apologised profusely. The sight of me straight out of bed must have been a shock as she never forgot again

19. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    pre-reG
    Post Thanks / Like

Not for me, I'm an organized woman. Good day, everyone!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely and sunny here too and so happy to have some washing hanging on the line to dry, love the smell of washing that has been dried on the line .
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Lovely and sunny here too and so happy to have some washing hanging on the line to dry, love the smell of washing that has been dried on the line .
    I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like that smell! In fact, it actually used to make me gag as a child, so I've never done it as an adult. I LOVE the smell of laundry which has been dried in the house.

I often think that I must try it again as an adult just to see if I still hate it. We don't have a washing line here, but I suppose I could put the maiden outside.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like that smell! In fact, it actually used to make me gag as a child, so I've never done it as an adult. I LOVE the smell of laundry which has been dried in the house.

I often think that I must try it again as an adult just to see if I still hate it. We don't have a washing line here, but I suppose I could put the maiden outside.
    I don't hate the smell of line dried washing, but I don't particularly like it either. I love the smell of laundry washed with a lovely fabric conditioner and dried in the tumble drier.

24. Likes Maza liked this post