Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning!

Good morning everyone.

How are you doing? I can't believe it is already the 7th February!

It's bitterly cold here today, so I think we'll be off to toddlers to run off steam, as I have a couple of little ones who are too little to be outside for long.. they have to be so bundled up, they can barely move! And one of them isn't crawling yet. I also had a request last week for paint ( at hometime ) so we'll be doing some of that too.

Have a good day xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon!

It's very cold here today, but lovely and sunny. I'm not working so I've had a nice relaxed day, pottering around, out for coffee with a friend and a spot of baking.

I haven't worked on a Friday for a while, but I always seem to have something else that needs doing so it's never a 'free' day. After Christmas I decided I deserved (needed) a day to myself so I've made a real effort to keep the day free from jobs. The hardest part is not feeling guilty about have some 'me time'!

3. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Im so cold getting out and about is good but oh i feel chilled to the bone.

So im not looking forward to storm Ciara hitting as dd has s football game tomorrow then ds and dd have rugby games Sunday.

Mouse - good for you it is hard to ignore the jobs etc to take take out
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Mouse, enjoy your Fridays.

We got a puppy last weekend and so this week has been centred around him. He is adorable, but hard work as anyone who has ever had a puppy will know!

DH told me about Phillip Schofield's announcement and I literally didn't believe him until I saw it for myself. It was such an amazing interview and I'm so happy that he felt he was able to come out, but I can't help feeling so sad for his wife. I hope she is getting as much love and support as he is getting.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your Fridays Mouse....this is something I am aiming for in the future going down to 4 days a week . I keep saying I am going to do that then someone changes their days etc and I doesn't quite work out. Making time for yourself and not feeling guilty is very important this is something I have been working on myself at weekends.

Maza congratualtions on your puppy what breed have you got? We are hoping to get a puppy by Easter, we have been waiting a while now for the time to be right after losing our last dog just over 2 years ago now. We had confirmation last week that from where we are getting our new addition from that the dog is pregnant so its a waiting game now. Any puppy tips gratefully received as its been a while since we had a puppy in the house I am looking forward to it but a bit nervous too .

Have a good week end everyone x
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust we got a cavapoo (apricot). His name is Cookie. I've been trawling through old posts on FB for tips and it seems like a lot of childminders introduced a puppy whilst childminding and they seem to take it all in their stride, whilst acknowledging that it is hard work. I don't have mindees at the moment but if you have had other dogs then you will be fine. This is my first dog so it's a massive learning curve for me. I think it's just important that everyone on the house is on the same page in terms of rules and expectations and to discuss these before you get the puppy. So, we decided that we didn't want the pup to be allowed on the sofa. My sister has got an older puppy and they let him on the sofa when he was little and cute but regret it now.

Easter will be a lovely time to get a puppy. At the moment it's so cold and dark when we stand in the garden with him for his early morning/late night toilet trips! Not looking forward to the storm/high winds tomorrow!

What breed are you getting? Are you bothered about boy/girl?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Maza We are getting a Sprocker (springer/cocker spaniel X) previously we had a Labrador when we got her I remember the first few nights we didn't get much sleep as she used to cry but soon settled in. Like you we had strict rules in place and the sofa was out of bounds but as she got older we used to come home and find her sleeping on the armchair instead of her bed we came to the conclusion that the chair was much more comfortable for her even though we didn't encourage it.

We aren't too bothered if we get a male/female but purely as our last dog was female we have said if we had to chose we would go male this time but will happily have a female. As a family it has taken us a while to get to this point as we were all so distraught when we lost Lilly and we didn't think we could go through it again but my eldest has moved out to his own place and my youngest is away at uni, DH works away a lot so the house is so quiet. I do sometimes think I am mad getting a puppy plus childminding
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

wow!

so where did those days go?

sounds like everyone was having fun, and Maza, your puppy sounds gorgeous! my friend has an apricot cockerpoo and she is soooo cute!

Hope you all stayed safe in the horrible wind and rain, and no one was flooded.

i'm just gearing up for the working week ahead, and know i'm going to blink and it will be friday again!

xx

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sadly all games got cancelled last sunday

Roads around us got flooded but we suffered no real damage a few plant pots.

We had snow yesterday which came down heavily but melted away as quickly as it caused traffic chaos.

We are looking through the window more in hope than anything else
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door