Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 7 more days to Christmas

I have 2 more days then i break up for Christmas. How many days for everyone else.

Still have quite a bit to do but im sure it will work itself out. I doubt anything is really important anyhow.

I went to the ks1 carol concert this morning always nice to support the mindees and i had 5 to watch
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One more day for me and then I'm done until 6th Jan.

Work wise I'm on track for all the children to take home their Christmas crafts tomorrow. All the painting, sticking and glittering has been done. We just need to make and decorate cupcakes and we're finished.

Family wise I've made a good start I need to get a couple (well, a few) more presents and the stocking fillers, but I should manage that in one more trip to town. The food for Christmas day is ordered and will be collected a couple of days beforehand. The rest of the food shop will be done sometime between now and Christmas!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to have come around quickly ...... I finish work Monday evening, our local school finished today so a few busy days of Christmas crafts etc with the older ones before finishing. I have finished all the Christmas presents but the big food shop to do at some point, had planned on ordering food for collection but seems I left it too late when I went to order the other weekend ! Have a lovely Christmas everyone x
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's lovely Fussy that you had 5 children to support in the concert (at least they were all in the same one!) and that you went along for them.

We're going away for Christmas - and I'm very grumpy about it. First world problem, I know. DH's brother and partner are over from South Africa and so we couldn't say no. He has hired a big house and we are 'expected' there on the 23rd to the 27th. I know I should be grateful, but we don't see eye to eye. They are not nice people, but I won't bore you with the details. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to NEXT Christmas because we won't do two in a row with them.

I've just got to pick up a few more presents tomorrow (Friday), should be fairly straight forward. We're off to Manchester on Saturday for my family's annual Christmas party - as we have moved closer to my family it will be the first time we will go and come back on the same day, and so that will take the pressure off us a bit.

I'm really hoping that my hobbycraft order arrives before we go away. I usually have at least one item that doesn't get here in time for Christmas.

Pixie dust you sound really busy with lots of mindees- hope it's a nice, festive kind of busy!

Mouse, you seem to be quite on track for this time of year!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had my toddler group Christmas party yesterday. The group has gone from strength to strength this term so the party had enough children for it to be great fun. The local nursery has 10 children on a Thursday so they walked to the village hall to join in with us for part of it. I loved the awe and wonder of Santa’s visit.
    Interestingly there are loads of potential Santa’s in our village. Where I came from you struggled to get him to visit but here, someone seems to know someone who will happily visit and there seems to be several costumes in the village too - a lovely community, the little ones are very liked.
    It was lovely to get a slice of Christmas with children again.

My grown up children will be here for Christmas, I am very lucky that , so far, I have always had them with us over Christmas. Every year I think this may be the last one....

I understand your pain Maza. I have had similar dilemmas, but usually what I dread in the run up seems ok once Christmas starts. Not as great as with just our family but I like company at Christmas because my DH is not a board game fan and I am and the pleasure of winning at games with the unpleasant folk is always satisfying!

I miss Christmas concerts though Fussy, supporting 5 must have been fun.
    I do hope it isn’t too hard for those of you working up till Christmas Eve...it’s no consolation I know but when the LO’s are no longer in your life Christmas is just not the same, I miss the crafts and stories and songs...I popped on a children’s Christmas CD the other day when I was cleaning and had a good sing along...I need to keep my memory of the words up to date so that one day, if I ever have grandchildren, I’ll be still able to sing with them!
    Happy Christmas preps everyone.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely to hear from you FloraDora.

Am I imagining things, or did you say that one of your boys was getting married a while back?