Scullyfunge is what I'm doing today.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Scullyfunge is what I'm doing today.

According to Suzie dent on Twitter is to rush around and maniacally tidy up before visitors come. I don't have visitors but I really do need to tidy up

Other than that I think everything is done wrapped hidden food brought so time to relax and enjoy the moments.

Youngest dd is happily playing with slime ds2 is playing on the Xbox. Eldest dd is still in bed but recovering from a heavy cold andvsore throat. Ds1 is bad packing at Waitrose with his cadet unit I don't envy him one bit.

Have a lovely day everyone x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone. I hit Waitrose at half 8 today to get coleslaw, dips and cream. Today I’m tidying away the craft stuff and toys then chilling. Out for a meal tonight with my family as it’s DD2 28th birthday.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good day everyone.

I went out early, to get a space in the carpark at Lidl and to enjoy a quiet half hour on my own, reading my book .... NO lidl was open early !!! so I went in and did my shopping for veggies etc and came home ... everyone else still in bed or just getting up! Should have stayed in the carpark reading my book, but there was a queue for carparking, so didn't like to.

Have put all shopping away and working out what needs cooking when! Have made choc log, Dd has iced Christmas cake and gingerbread men. I've made brandy butter. DH has cleaned bathroom, I've tidied up and put the playroom 'away', DD is ( for the 2nd time in about a week ... tidied her room maybe she is worried that Father Christmas will break his neck trying to deliver her stocking! ) and DS ... is playing on his computer OR complaining about what music I am listening to in the kitchen ON MY OWN !!! ( although he DID hoover earlier ) Our visitors don't arrive till 29th, although we do have our 'honoury Granny' for Christmas day, so it will all need doing again in less than a week!

Just mince pies to make, DH & DD will do the pigs in blankets ready to cook, and then a bit of wrapping. Oh, and 2 cards that I still need to deliver. Tried to persuade DS to take them on his paper round, as he delivers to one of them, and the other is on his way home, but he said 'he isn't allowed to'

I was really panicking at the start of the week, thinking I had so much to do, that I wouldn't get it done ... and now I am wondering if I've forgotten something!

enjoy the day everyone

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your daughter has a lovely birthday Sylvia!

I was supposed to do my mad cleaning session today, but I haven't started it yet, and it's just gone 6.30 pm. Am full of a cold and achy, so that's my excuse. The only time I enjoy cleaning is the big clean up for Christmas day, so I know it will get done.

Did the last bits of food shopping today. We made mince pies yesterday - but ate them - so had to get another box today, can't have Santa missing out on his mince pie! Today we made cinnamon swirls, but they weren't nearly as nice as last years, not sure why. Cooked dinner, did the last lot of laundry (don't like laundry hanging to dry on Christmas day). Want to wrap the last couple of presents and stocking fillers tonight. Annoyingly a delivery from Baker Ross hasn't arrived. I paid extra for the two day delivery but I think they have been very 'creative' in deciding when the two working days start and end.

DD has put mine and DH's presents under the tree (Santa only delivers for children in our house, although he does pop something in the stockings for adults) and so it is starting to look exciting! Obviously hers aren't under the tree yet.

How is it Christmas Eve tomorrow?!

7. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love that word ....Sculleyfunge.....that’s how I spent yesterday. I will use that in future.

Loocyloo I know how you feel - I went to Sainsbury’s at 6am, thinking that I could whip round, it was dark and the roads were empty and I was really enthusiastic about a breezy shop. Mainly 50 rolls for our pork baps tomorrow.
    The car park was full!
    The shop was heaving....who are these ridiculous people who get up so early to shop???
    I know I was up at the crack of dawn...but I am old and get up at 5 most days....I was so put out, I had to take deep breaths, it was a ridiculous reaction and definately not festive. So a quick ‘ pull yourself together’ and I faced the business.

Had a lovely day and now all is done, Baileys in hand now Christmas has started.
    Wrapping den is now a bedroom for oldest who is driving up from Brighton as I type, yeah....I usually only get him on Christmas Eve...he always arrives mid celebrations but it is so good that this year he can be here for all of tomorrow. It is our last Christmas in the family home so we are going for it, lots of family and friends over three days.

I always contributed to our local food bank with the LO’s....one family contacted me as the LO mentioned this ....so they came for lunch ( it was so lovely, I was able to give out Christmas tree chocolate) then we walked to the food bank with our contributions . Bitter sweet activity...I was a distributor of food bank vouchers in my other life and so I know first hand about the issues that cause food bank visits to happen....but it was lovely that the now 6 year old felt it was a ‘ Christmas tradition ‘ at my house. I did remind them that it was a monthly activity but we always gave more at Christmas.

Big bowl of mixed chocs filled and DH produced a box of my favourite, Lindt coconut, so extra exciting this year.
    We have a big copper bowl that DH made and the wrapped shiny wrappers always look good filled to the brim, people ( visitors mainly...and me! ) munch throughout our 12 days of Christmas.....calories are forgotten.

Carol singing sesh and then home to a coal fire and a Skype with old friends.

Staffordshire Oatcakes made for tomorrow’s brunch.

Just waiting ...for a hug from my oldest ...whilst I listen to carols - Medieval Babes is my current favourite.

24 tomorrow for tea ...I love all the prep and preparing and cooking...pork baps with onions, stuffing and apple sauce tomorrow , easy Peasy for Christmas Eve.
    Have a great time doing last minute prep everyone and a relaxing, happy family time over the next few days.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmmmm I now need oatcakes - my dad always coiked oatcakes on christmas day morning.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope everyone is enjoying the scullyfunge again this year!

All presents are done. Most of them are wrapped. DD is full of a really bad cold and has a sore throat so we've put off our travel plans (to DH's brother) until tomorrow. I've made her some of her favourite soup to take with us because over the next three days we will have to live by the in-laws schedule, and their schedule and food choices aren't always child friendly, so at least I've got a quick and easy back up for her lunches. Hopefully they will let me have some fridge space!

Need to do my big clean up today. I had also planned to make some Father Christmas cupcakes with DD, but it won't be the most hygienic of activities with her coughing and sneezing all over the place.

Happy birthday to your daughter Sylvia!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes the scullyfunge is happening here too.

So far we have been to asda for veg. Come home tidied the downstairs.

Been out for dinner.

Home again to wrap the remaining presents (well dd is im lucky that both my dds like wrapping).

Then tidy the upstairs then thats it other than the cooking.

Maza i hope your dd is better soon and hopefully your visit wont be too hard on you x

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Hope everyone is enjoying the scullyfunge again this year!

All presents are done. Most of them are wrapped. DD is full of a really bad cold and has a sore throat so we've put off our travel plans (to DH's brother) until tomorrow. I've made her some of her favourite soup to take with us because over the next three days we will have to live by the in-laws schedule, and their schedule and food choices aren't always child friendly, so at least I've got a quick and easy back up for her lunches. Hopefully they will let me have some fridge space!

Need to do my big clean up today. I had also planned to make some Father Christmas cupcakes with DD, but it won't be the most hygienic of activities with her coughing and sneezing all over the place.

Happy birthday to your daughter Sylvia!
    Thank you. She’s had a lovely birthday weekend as we went for a spa weekend together. Can’t believe my baby is 30 now!! I had 3 minders here today and just one tomorrow so no scullyfunge going on here although it’s badly needed. If I can get the little one to sleep in the afternoon I’ll have to have s quick whiz round tomorrow. Luckily we are at DD1 for xmas dinner this year