Christmas - how are we all doing?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Christmas - how are we all doing?

I would like to tell you how everything is done but it
    wouldn't be true.

We put the Christmas decorations up at the weekend. Tried to get bits of the food shop done.

Presents are still needing to be brought. I have had to change my stance of support the high street and do online shopping else no one will be getting anything.

Maza have you decorated your new house yet?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have finished my present shopping all bar a few little choc bits! I did alot online!

The tree went up last night, DD and DS put the lights on and decided that was it ... no baubles or anything else this year!!! No other decorations up. DD is torn between wanting a minimalist Christmas with no decorations or complete OTT with masses of stuff and candles and bows and lights everywhere! ... I'm leaving it to her! My playroom is decorated!

I've not got any food bits in but won a Christmas cake so that's a bonus!

I have discovered mincemeat flapjack! ... normal flapjack recipe with a couple of big spoonfuls of mincemeat added before putting in tin! Yummy! May not make mince pies this year!!!

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...the tree is up. We had to discuss for ages where we could put it. Totally different shaped living room in this place with tv aerials and plug sockets in weird places, so we had to move our furniture around a bit to accommodate the tree. Although this house is obviously bigger than our flat, there just aren't that many natural places to put our garlands and random decorations, so I have been spending embarrassing amounts of time on my decorations this year. We also have the ugliest fireplace known to mankind and DH said that the mantlepiece garland and stockings just draw attention to it in a bad way.

We have decorated the stairs though - our first year of having stairs!!! We have put dangly fairy lights on them and I have to say they look fantastic!

When my sister and her family came over last weekend we had a bit of a buffet and I bought some brussel sprout flavoured crisps - has anyone tried them? They really did taste like sprouts and it was fun seeing everyone's reaction.

The mincemeat flapjacks sound utterly delicious.

About halfway through my present shopping but am running out of ideas.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza, loocyloo try mincemeat brownies im told they are lovely.

Cant stand mincemeat myself but everyone who tries them say how nice they are.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ummmmmm ... not sure about mincemeat brownies, although DS will eat anything with mincemeat in, so will maybe try them! Thanks xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I made such a good start a while back, but very little has happened since!

I managed to put a tree up at the weekend. It's only a small tree and looks a bit pathetic with its 8 baubles, but it's a tree.

The playroom is decorated and the children have been doing Christmas activities, so at least I'm doing my job there

Any shopping I have done so far has been online. I'm wondering whether to invite the Amazon delivery driver for Christmas dinner. He's here so often, he feels like part of the family

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's hilarious Mouse!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So i was heading into town to get some presents sorted but they've shut the high school to do a deep clean. I support the closures fully but its the only day i have 🙈🙈

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Fussy! Why did they need to do a deep clean so close to the school holiday? Have they had lots of sickness or something?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Gosh Fussy! Why did they need to do a deep clean so close to the school holiday? Have they had lots of sickness or something?
    Very high cases of sickness and diarrhoea and some cases of norovirus in both students and staff

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, what a shame. Hope everyone gets better before Christmas. Hope you and your children didn't get ill Fussy.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh no, what a shame. Hope everyone gets better before Christmas. Hope you and your children didn't get ill Fussy.
    Ds2 has had the flu like virus but touching wood no sickness yet. Lots of schools are closing to do deep cleans 8 up to yet

19. Likes Maza liked this post