Decluttering - do you keep old cards from special occasions?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Decluttering - do you keep old cards from special occasions?

As I continue to unpack in our new house, I am coming across stuff that I really can't decide whether to keep or bin.

Do you keep/have kept cards from your wedding day, birth of your children, thank you cards etc.

I have just been through quite a few and enjoyed remembering some of the people who the cards were from. Lots of them I have lost touch with and so it was lovely to think of them again. I have scaled down the pile, but can't decide whether or not I should be more ruthless.

What do you keep that is sentimental to you?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very little though i know im the exception.

But my reasoning is we had a fire in the kitchen and when various people came out all that happened to alot of my sentimental things was that they were thrown out in the back garden because they couldnt remove the smoke damage.

Its one of the reasons i use fb and Instagram for photos because i know that they will always be on there.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have lots of sentimental stuff like that, both boys have boxes with all their 1st birthday cards etc I have kept Mother's Day cards they have sent over the years. I have birthday cards from special birthdays like my 40th/50th! Random stuff from holidays that are no use to anyone but can't bear to just throw them away.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Pixie Dust I do keep some. For each son I’ve got a small box of ‘things’, one of their first nappies (really tiny and never used - just thought I’d add that 😭) first pair of shoes (totally scruffed) etc plus all their cards we received when they were born. I read through some of them recently and it’s sad to see the number of friends we’ve lost contact with.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, BallyH, it is sad seeing the number of friends one has lost contact with when you go through the cards. Having said that, yesterday after a nostalgic card reading session I did make contact with one old friend and it was lovely to hear from her, even if it was just over facebook.