Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Well September crept in very quiety

I guess thats the dark nights drawing in wont be long before its dark at 430.

Normality is rearing its head. Dd2 starts high school weds and ds2 starts back Thursday. I dont know if im ready for dd2 to start high school

All sports will start back this weekend i have enjoyed not rushing around but i will soon get back into the swing of it.

Halloween, bonfire night, remembrance sunday and then Christmas. I wonder if we will have snow this year.

Have a fab start to the month.

Maza i hope the house move is progressing x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just saying after dinner that it was starting to feel autumnal. The heatwave has passed and it is starting to get darker earlier. Cosy, cosy!

We are expecting a huge email tomorrow from our buyer with a list of demands and requests. He will have had chance to digest the survey. We also had to have a fire safety assessment and asbestos survey on the communal areas of our flat. We have seen those reports and there are things that we are having to sort out.

Anyway, in the meantime I am trying to sort out each drawer and cupboard. Oh my gosh we have so much stuff. I have binned/donated quite a bit of stuff but we still have too much. I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by it all. This crazy childminding career of ours means we have to keep so much! Made the silly mistake of emptying a cupboard while DD was around and she promptly reclaimed some bits from my 'bin' pile. She has a party tomorrow and so I will attempt another big shelf while she is there.

Oh Fussy, good luck to your DD for high school! Are lots of her friends going to the same school?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I try never to "get rid" when dd2 is about as she becomes attached to everything

Maza i think out of 45 children only 6 are not going her high school.

Shes ready i think its just me the door is definitely shutting on a big part of my life. Even if i still will be collecting children from the primary school
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Maza, I have been there last year and things can get overwhelming, this is absolutely normal.
    Is there a reason why you have to reduce?
    I did a big job of getting rid of our 40 years of clutter....but I also brought some with me...that are in boxes in our loft...I got rid of some on arrival, but the boxed clutter, including lots of toys and books I actually want...so I am storing them.
    If you are not paying by box for removals then why not continue when you are the other end when you are running on adrenaline and excitement of the move and you can better think. Plus DD will be in a better place to think about what she really wants in her new bedroom.
    Fingers crossed the email will be positive.
    Starting High school...it seems a long way off from when I had the same thoughts Fussy.
    Both my lads went to a school that there closest friends didn’t go to ....they soon made like minded friends , drawn together by their interests and outlooks not just because they had been in the same class. They have become life long and in their 30’s still meet up.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No, there's no official reason why I have to declutter - just that each cupboard and drawer is too full to know what's in there or access what we need (which is usually the thing right at the bottom of the pile!) A lot of what I'm doing is also reorganising stuff and storing it more efficiently. DD is into every single type of creative/craft activity out there, and so she has tons and tons of stuff.

No email yet from our buyer. We have to have fire doors fitted in the next few days. This is a new regulation which we weren't aware of. We also have to have a new fire alarm fitted which links all of the flats in our block together. We currently all have individual smoke alarms, plus one on the communal landing, but that is not enough any more.

How are you Fussy? Did you shed a tear when your DD went off to high school this morning?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hopefully Maza thats a good sign no email. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and quickly now.

I was feeling it when photographing dd2 but then ds2 who started a day later got up and dressed and said he was walking her.

He organised everything where to put her phone etc and off they went. Made me realise she will always just have him there keeping an eye out on her.

Dd2 ssid she had a good day but it was boring just in form vlasses learning the rules and drills

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh how sweet of your DS Fussy!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh how sweet of your DS Fussy!
    He has a good heart. Good job really as he has an hormonal mouth as well

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i feel as though a hurricane has been through here since the start of september!

it's been crazy with everyone going back to school, mindees swapping/adding days and a new starter today ( she was a little star - 10mth old - you would have thought she'd always been here. unlike the 14mth old, who has been here 5 mths and spent the entire day screaming with rage if i so much as looked at new mindee! ) it's been a very long day! i can't wait for tomorrow ... everything the same as it has always been

fingers crossed it is all still ok with the house sale/purchase Maza, and how sweet of your DS Fussy. my DS goes to 6th form college, but one afternoon a week goes back to his old high school. it was school photos today, so DD had hers done, as DS was there, he had his done, and then school asked if they should get DD to have her photo taken with DS !!! ... they said no ... i'd have loved i! last every joint school photo, but heyho, i'll just have to stick their individual ones together !

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Loocyloo its really hard to get them to have a photo together. I can get the youngest two and dd1 with them but its a trial getting ds1 to have his photo.

He indulged me on my birthday as he asked what i wanted for my present and i said a photo of all them together

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post