Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ever done Jury Service?

Have you ever been called up for jury service? I haven't, and I never want to do it.

DH has just been called up. It is for the week after our proposed 'moving day'. We chuckled and he called them up to say that he was sorry, he wouldn't be living in the area at that time as he will have just moved. They told him that he still has to accept and that he will do it in his new area instead - same date! Well we just have to see the funny side of it! I guess it's one way of getting to know your local area quickly! Of course there are a million and one other things that he would rather spend his time on, but hey ho.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How annoying that of all the weeks they could have chosen, it had to be that one!

One of my sons did jury service last year. He's the only one of us who has ever been called.

He said it involved a lot of sitting around and waiting. Reaching a verdict frustrated him as he said there were a couple of jury members who had obviously watched too may TV dramas and thought of themselves as experts! They wouldn't listen to what anyone else was saying and told everyone what they should think! He was happy with the verdict though and he did find it very interesting.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What crazy timing.

I think i would like to no chance of it happening though with all the children.

But im probably looking at it from reading books and tv. I would probably get the most boring case ever
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did it years and years ago - I had to take 2 weeks off work and I didn't get any cases so I sat there and was very very bored for 2 weeks getting paid...

It would be a nightmare now with all the children and families to let down :/

I hope he gets something interesting!

7. Likes Maza liked this post