Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Guess what??

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guess what??

Maza, you’ll be particularly impressed...

I’ve started my Christmas shopping

I was in Sainsbury’s yesterday and they had some lovely Crayola sets reduced, so I bought enough for all the minded children for Christmas.

The chances are I’ll have lost them or forgotten about them by December, but some of you lot will appreciate what an achievement this is for me

2. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Dragonfly, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse, I wish I could like that post a thousand times over!!!!! Congratulations!

I have been desperate to ask who has started their Christmas shopping!

I'll check out those Crayola sets. I love Crayola. Was it you who recommended a jumbo box of Crayola crayons off amazon a few years ago? We got them and they are still going strong. I love the names of the Crayola crayons.

I have got a couple of bits … I got some fabric - a fat quarter of assorted red patterned fabric. This year, instead of decorating DD's desk to make it look like Santa's workshop/post office type of thing I am going to decorate her sewing area at the beginning of December so that she can work on festive projects through December. Most of the stuff we have already got - random festive ribbons, bells, hessian, Christmas sewing books etc. but I want to display them properly so that they get used. So I guess it's not really a Christmas present, she'll have it for her birthday at the end of November. We got her friend some Sharpies yesterday for her birthday - they have a good special on at the minute in WH Smith - and DD said she really wished she had some, so I 'll be getting those for her next week and put them away. I also got her a rude pig game which should be a giggle on Christmas day. As we're hopefully moving at the end of September I am having to hold back as it is pointless buying stuff to then have to pack up and take with us, but I have been itching to start.

Keep us informed of your progress Mouse!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great news Mouse.
    Glad others are thinking of Christmas too.
    DH and I have decided on home made/ upcycled gifts this year, economy and environment in mind. But it does mean that we have had to start so that they are of a quality worth giving.
    Not long now until your move then Maza, have you worked out where you are putting your tree 🌲 in your new home?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Great news Mouse.
    Glad others are thinking of Christmas too.
    DH and I have decided on home made/ upcycled gifts this year, economy and environment in mind. But it does mean that we have had to start so that they are of a quality worth giving.
    Not long now until your move then Maza, have you worked out where you are putting your tree 🌲 in your new home?

DD and I have had many discussions on where we are going to put the tree! Also, we will have STAIRS for the first time and so I have been looking at garland type of decorations for them. However, we are convinced that our buyer is going to drop out. We have received a long list of requirements/requests from him - some of which we have met and some which we are just refusing to meet. He hasn't even had the report from his survey yet (that took place last week) and so we are dreading the things he will ask for on the back of that.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done Mouse.

I was in a bit of a debate the other day about supermarkets already stocking chocolates etc in preparation for christmas.

Friends were outraged that it had started so early and i asked who had started buying presents yet and a few said yes and one was all done. So i pointed it out its okay to budget early for presents but not for chocolates decorations etc. I dont think im welcome in that group anymore

Personally I think Christmas is too early but i know buying items weekly helps to reduce the financial burden. I will start making homemade gifts in the next month.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    [/COLOR]DD and I have had many discussions on where we are going to put the tree! Also, we will have STAIRS for the first time and so I have been looking at garland type of decorations for them. However, we are convinced that our buyer is going to drop out. We have received a long list of requirements/requests from him - some of which we have met and some which we are just refusing to meet. He hasn't even had the report from his survey yet (that took place last week) and so we are dreading the things he will ask for on the back of that.
    Fingers crossed Maza he doesnt.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually bought a Christmas present for my niece the other day as we were at an outlet shopping centre and saw the perfect jumper for her
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I went into Thorntons last night to get a present and was amazed to see they already had chocolate advent calendars on the shelves!! WHo on earth needs to by buying them this early?
    I know I usually leave it very late and end up buying them on about the 2nd or 3rd of December , but surely August is too early for anyone to be buying them

13. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I went into Thorntons last night to get a present and was amazed to see they already had chocolate advent calendars on the shelves!! WHo on earth needs to by buying them this early?
    I know I usually leave it very late and end up buying them on about the 2nd or 3rd of December , but surely August is too early for anyone to be buying them

So how many did you buy then? http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...cons/icon4.png

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooops, not sure how or why I added that link to the post!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you got all your presents now then Mouse?

Have you got your advent calendars too?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Have you got all your presents now then Mouse?

Have you got your advent calendars too?
    I've picked up quite a few stocking fillers for my (grown up) children, which is good as they're usually some of the hardest bits to find. Every year I tell them they're too old for stockings, but every year I find myself doing them! I'm not quite sure where I've hidden everything but I've made a note of what I've bought so at least I'll know what I'm hunting for

As for advent calendars, is it bad to admit that I've already got 4 for myself I absolutely love advent calendars and christmas crackers so tend to go a bit over the top with them I bought one luxury beauty advent calendar that I'll open in December. Then I've got a cheaper beauty one that I'm already opening this month. I've got a chocolate one that DH has bought me and another chocolate one that was a free gift. I'll probably open one in December and one in January. I really am of the opinion that advent calendars shouldn't just be for Christmas I have bought 2 for DD so all I need now are chocolate ones for my sons and a traditional picture one with no sweets or gifts, just lots of pretty pictures and glitter

As for actual presents, buying those Crayola sets in August was obviously a false start as I haven't bought any more since

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Four calendars!!! That's hilarious. Last year, after reading on here about all you adults having calendars, I treated myself to my very first advent calendar as an adult. It was a tealight one - I love candles. I actually forgot to open a few of the doors - so I mustn't have been that impressed. I think it was because there were about 5 different scents and then they just repeated themselves. I'm not really in to beauty and I absolutely eat far too much chocolate so would allow myself to buy a chocolate one for myself. My absolute favourites are the old fashioned ones, like you say, with just pictures.

DD is going to have the Harry Potter lego one (not the mega expensive ones). She always requests a lego or playmobile one for her birthday in November and so as it is a gift I don't mind buying it.

So far though, all I've bought for Christmas is a packet of festive Percy Pigs for DH.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Im done!! Got all the 13 mindees gifts plus the few families that left me that Im still in contact with and they still buy me a present too. I buy advent calendars for my DD1 and husband, and DD2 aged 33 and 30 but don't get one for myself or partner.
    Although last year he bought me a Olaf one, which was really sweet x

21. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's amazing Sylvia! Very organised.

Have you wrapped them all?

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No!!! Not that organised!! Just doing the little bits for the mindees advent calendar later today as it starts on Sunday they all reminded me this morning.

24. Likes Maza liked this post