Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on the house move

As you know, we've been talking about moving for years.

Anyway, we have accepted an offer on our flat and have had our offer on a house accepted!

We are trying not to get too excited until we have exchanged.

I have been unable to get a teaching job in the new location, but to be honest I'm actually relieved. It takes the pressure off us having to move in time to start it in September. I'm also feeling a bit burnt out after my last year in teaching here - it was a really tough year and so many of us resigned from that school at the end of the summer term. I still can't believe that I can sit here and chill without thinking of mountains of unnecessary paperwork that I should be doing. I'm really looking forward to spending quality time with DD.

So, the plan is, to sign on with a teaching agency in September here in London and do supply work until we move. Then sign on with a teaching agency when I move to Shropshire until I have set up for my return to childminding. The house is pretty much perfect for childminding. Even DH is getting excited about me childminding there.

Anyway, the survey is being done on our flat on Thursday and then we'll organise the survey for our house in Shropshire.

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Hope you are all well. x

2. Likes Kiddleywinks, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How exciting xx

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza im so pleased for you hopfully the move will happen quickly
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What great news, hope it all goes smoothly. A great idea to look at supply, but that role doesn’t always sit well with mortgage lenders. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 You have waited a long time for this, not too long I hope to go now.
    FYI:
    There is a distinct lack of childminders in this area, one, it seems in the next village, which is 4 miles away and an all day nursery about 10 miles away. Consequently lots of mums at home and grandparents with babies and children are around.

Interesting you say about the lack of free activities, I think it is a sign of the times and no grants and funding around as it is similar here. I am planning for my ex mindees arriving in a couple of weeks and definitely not as much around as this time last year - even the NT are not as flowing in kiddy activity this year!
    We do have our village Agricultural show on, which doesn’t cost too much and should be different fun for my urban friends.
    What is free though is all the lovely walks around us and I still Great a big excitement when the cows and sheep change fields...so fingers crossed they do that when they are here too.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah that’s fabulous news. Very exciting times ahead.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Keeping everything crossed maza - so exciting 👏🏼

12. Likes Maza liked this post