Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 1st july 2019

The year is flying by very quickly.

I hope everyone is well.

Maza any news on the house front.

We have 3 weeks left of this academic year and thats it my days as a primary school mum are over.

I was hoping the beautiful weather was going to continue but its looking decidedly grey here.

Enjoy the rest of your monday everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi fussy ; chilly here today too after a lovely weekend. Dis had a football tournament on Saturday in 34* heat ..they really struggled bless them.
    We break up on the 24th so just over 3 weeks TIL the holidays for us. In between now and then it’s ds3s 13 th birthday and he’s going to Paris for a week with school too.
    Ds2 has put an offer in on his first house today so everything crossed for him and his girlfriend. Scary though the price of first homes now , I have no idea how most young couples do it. And we aren’t in an expensive area , £125-£150 for a 3 bed semi. Hope your search is going well too maza x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit cooler here too, thank goodness!

No news on the move! We haven't had many viewings on our place - apparently the market is really, really slow here. Everyone who has been to see it loves it and has shown interest after the viewing - but we have only had one offer. We turned it down because it was too low.

There are actually a few properties in Shrewsbury that we are interested in but can't do anything until we go under offer.

I went for a job interview there a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't get it. There were six of us shortlisted - two of them were long term supplies there already and one girl had just finished her final teaching practice there, so when we had all introduced ourselves I just thought "I may as well just leave now". I got very positive feedback from the lesson observation (I had to teach a PHSE lesson) but in the end they went with one of the ladies who is a supply teacher there, as 'she was familiar with the way they teach Maths at that school'. It was an exhausting day - I had to be there for 8.30 in the morning for a safeguarding talk, but by the time I had taught my lesson and had my interview it was gone 4pm! The other candidates there were all lovely and we have kept in touch, lol! So I am going to meet up with them when we finally move there, so it wasn't a totally wasted day!

I'm filling in another application form at the moment for a maternity cover which starts in November. That takes the pressure off us a bit time wise. The plan is still to return to childminding in the near future - but having a job to go to will help with the mortgage.

We have another viewing on Wednesday evening, so fingers crossed.

Hope you are all well and enjoying the weather/sports days/end of year concerts. x