Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The Easter break starts now

I love the friday feeling when i know i have broken up for the easter break.

Got a busy weekend though dd has a football cup game Saturday and sunday both her and ds have rugby tournaments helpfully in different parts of the county.

Dds school has offered for her to go in for booster classes next week which i have politely declined time for a chill out and recharge our batteries.

Have a great weekend and easter break whether you're starting or half way through.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm glad you declined the booster sessions Fussy!

We've just got back from Shrewsbury - again - all of our holidays are taken up with going to Shrewsbury to familiarise ourselves with it and find an area in which to live. We had two and a half days there and each time we go we feel more and more positive about it. It really is a beautiful place - we discovered lots more woodland/green spaces this time, all hidden away but so close to the houses we were looking at. I was imagining me with my happy brood of new mindees having wonderful adventures there. We viewed a few houses and really, really liked two of them. We're probably putting our flat on the market in the next couple of weeks - I think I am emotionally ready after a wobble a couple of weeks ago. DD liked the look of the new school.

I sent in my application for to a school (thinking I need to have a job to go to in order to help with the mortgage etc but then start childminding again after a year). Sadly I haven't heard anything back yet from them, so without the job offer not sure we could go for the two houses we loved. It's all so complicated!

I have a lot of school work to do - was hoping to get it done last week, but the flipping application form was soooo long and took up all my spare time last week. DD has tons of homework too, but we'll have some chilled out time too.

Have a lovely holiday everyone. x

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that application Maza; they may be on Easter break too and shortlisting afterwards...fingers crossed. Exciting times !
    I finished yesterday for a week was up early today and enjoying the peace before anyone else gets up. I love early spring and summer mornings , sunny with a nip in the air and peace!
    busy day ahead sorting the last of the packing , cleaning etc and Holiday bound in the morning. At least Qs football team haven’t got a match today.
    Have a good weekend everyone xx

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy holidays everyone and good luck MAZA.

School broke up yesterday but I'm still working next week! ... lots of fun activities planned and then a whole 11 days off including bank holidays and days I don't work! I have a pile of jobs to do though ... mainly involving sorting out my playroom and outside play area! HAHAHAHA ... I can dream that i'll do it!!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What does sorting out your playroom and outside area involve, loocyloo?

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    What does sorting out your playroom and outside area involve, loocyloo?
    It means in the playroom actually emptying all the boxes and cleaning them of the debris that accumulates in them and random toys and putting them back to vehicles/animals/duplo etc and then tidying all my shelves of puzzles/games/baby toys etc and putting everything where it lives, not where it got put! I also want to empty my heuristic boxes and throw away stuff, leaving room for new objects ( sticks/stones/junk etc ) to be collected! Oh, and putting some books back in the big bookcase in sitting room, leaving room for a few favourites and then others as we select them from big bookcase according to current interests!
    Outside i need to put a load of new gravel down and remove all the bits of ivy trying to grow inside my toy shed, and attempt to remove all snails from toy shed! ... i will need to put new labels on drawers etc as snails ( or something!) eat them through the winter!

But it's SO much easier and quicker on my own than with mindees helping!

You'll be pleased to hear that the craft boxes have been sorted and my schoolies are working their way through assorted crafts and kits
    Last edited by loocyloo; 13-04-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yey for the craft kits!!!

It's funny but sorting through a playroom like you described sounds just like the kind of project I would love right now (not the garden with the snails
    ). When I did have childminding things to sort through though I procrastinated like mad. The grass is always greener!

Good luck!

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I need to have a mayor sort out but maybe next week

The weekend was very cold the rugby festival was good fun very cold but tinged with sadness. Dd cant carry on with her team as mixed teams are not allowed in under 12s. So moving to the girls sections.

We made cream egg brownies today and i think we are going to make bird feeders tomorrow. Making the most of these holidays high school is looming.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

15. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post