Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default running late!

Good morning!

It has made me laugh this morning that DS was running late for school ... but found the time to do his hair, rather than have breakfast!

and then, DD, was moaning that she wasn't going to have time to have breakfast ... because it was taking so long to curl her eyelashes

goodness me, i barely look in the mirror when I get up!

have a good day everyone, and hope no one else is 'running late' !

xxx

2. Likes Kiddleywinks, Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha,ha I’m assuming they are teenagers? I never had girls but I can remember the boys getting to a certain age and they started taking more time with their appearance .

Looking back I bet you can remember yourself as a teenager preening and dressing carefully etc?

Now we don’t have the time, sad hey ? Neither do I want to spend ages on my hair and makeup in the morning!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Until recently I've always made sure I was completely ready before the first child arrived - showered, dressed, hair and make-up done.

Now I'm doing an early start every day for one child and I've let my standards slip! I'm showered, dressed and have my hair done before they arrive, but I don't often have my make-up done. I do that after he's arrived as he comes in, lies on the sofa and watches TV until the next child arrives an hour later. His mum is the only parent who has ever seen me without make-up on. She doesn't seem too traumatised by it
    It seems worth being seen make-up free if I get an extra 10 minutes in bed!

6. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah (sighs wistfully) I remember them days....
    There was a time where I wouldn't even go to the corner shop without my hair and face done - these days, I'm lucky if I get 5 mins to even brush my hair!

8. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo, mama2three liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

you see, this is why it is a bit alien to me ...

I've never really worn make up, just never been that bothered and again, not that bothered about clothes. I did like to wear what I liked as a teenager, but it wasn't always necessarily what was particuarly in fashion! and I've never really been that 'into' shopping! My mother on the other hand just loves clothes shopping/shoe shopping/make up and then talking about it for ages! bores me rigid, but she and DD have a great time.

If I wear any makeup now, people always ask why! I might wear the odd bit of eyeliner & mascara.

( and yes ... teenagers! )

10. Likes Mouse, mama2three liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If my family ever see me without make-up they ask if I'm ill because I look so pale! It's not even as if I wear that much these days - a light foundation, powder, touch of eye-liner, mascara and lip gloss. I just look so odd without it!

Each time I've given birth, the first thing I've done after everything has settled down is put my make-up on! I'm really not a clothes or shoes person, but I do love make-up.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh my word my 12 year old ds is a nightmare spends longer getting ready than the rest of us put together. Though i can see his younger sister being worse in a year or so

Me on the other hand gets up has a wash, brushes teeth, gets changed and if its a good day will brush my hair. Make up is for special occasions only. My eldest children do take after me so i guess it was only time some of my children would rebwl
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes loocyloo, Kiddleywinks, mama2three liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Never been a big makeup fan but as I have got older my skin isn’t as evenly coloured. I was a freckle face and some have joined now and create darker areas to my usual pale colour.
    I had a Givenchy makeover two years ago ( for a family wedding) and loved the look, purchased a few items ...then last October I had a Bobbi Brown makeover ( for another wedding) and loved the natural, barely there but hides things, look.
    I have since purchased or been gifted all the things the Bobbi Brown girl used ( DH took my Makeover card where I had been crossing off what I had and gave me the rest of the items at Christmas) . I think it’s because I now have the time, but afte 60+ years of being largely makeup free I am now hooked on makeup!
    I love practising like a teenager ...that I never was.
    I’ve had to buy a super strong magnifying glass though as I can’t see anything but blur through my ancient eyes without my glasses!

Hair gel and moisturiser were my lads obsessions in their teens. My youngest took to never having a breakfast in order to use the time on perfecting the hair before school.

15. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Have fun experimenting floradora

17. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have a magnifying glass to put my makeup on. It’s scary what looks back. I prefer looking in a normal mirror with my failing eyesight. Plus I’m noticing it’s definitely taking longer to put my makeup on now than a few years ago. Plus I seem to have more products promising lots of different things.

19. Likes Maza, Dragonfly, FloraDora liked this post