oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning! Monday yet again!

Hello!
    Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Who is on half term this week? Any exciting plans?

I'm on half term next week and am trying to think of things to do at home as I've ended up with too many to get out in the car! Going have mindees aged from just 1 to 12 one day! Am hoping the weather at least stays dry!

This week I've got several groups and activities to go, plus a funeral which I've taken a half day for ... all parents ok except one who complained I hadn't given her much notice! That's the things with funerals, you don't generally get much notice!

Have fun xxx

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning

Goodness Loocyloo fancy not giving more notice for a funeral parents really dont think.

Half term here. We are sat in pyjamas only needed for one day. Im meeting friends wednesday but i dont a couple of chilled days will do any of us any harm.

Have a great day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This week is our half term so I'm already one child down who is term time only. Another one arrived this morning, was sick within the first 15 minutes, so has gone home. It looks like we're in for a quiet week!

The weather looks good so we're planning a couple of trips out on the bus. The children go everywhere by car so it's exciting for them to get the bus. It's not my idea of fun, but they enjoy it!

What a silly parent, complaining you hadn't given much notice to go to a funeral. Several years back I could only gave a few days notice for a child's funeral I was going to. Like you, all the parents were fine except one. He said he'd have to see what he could do and would let me know if it was OK for me to have the day off. I did explain in simple terms that I wasn't asking permission, I was telling him I would be shut for the day. He backtracked pretty quickly and apologised. I just don't think he thought about the reason I was having the day off or what he was actually saying. He was very embarrassed to have questioned it.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Mouse, that's terrible of the father, but good that he backtracked. Not on the same level, but I once had a dad telephone me to say he was going to be late collecting - this dad was always late anyway, so lateness on top of lateness, well, grrrr. Anyway, I explained that it we were going out as it was our 15 year wedding anniversary so could he try to be as 'least late' as he could. He said, "Oh that's fine, which pub are you going to? You can take 'x' with you and I'll come and collect him from there". I didn't want his child with me on our wedding anniversary night out, and the pub was in the opposite direction so he would be with me for even longer than if we stayed at home. Five minutes later he rang back all apologetic - it has just dawned on him what he was asking us to do! His wife left work early and collected the child on time!

DD and I are both on half term here. We've been in to my school this morning. I wanted to print out my reports which are due in on Monday (I don't work Mondays) and to put up a display and do some filing. DD was in a sulk because she wanted to stay there all day, but I can't bare being in on my holidays (got tons of school work to do back home anyway). On Friday we are going 'whittling' at a localish park - sounds a bit different, and we're off to the Design Museum on the way back from there, which I've been meaning to go to for years.

Mouse, I hope the child didn't vomit all over the place - I hate that part of the job.
    Fussy, chillded pyjama days are the best.
    Loocyloo, I hope the funeral goes as well as can be expected.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm liking the sound of a pajama day .... might suggest one of those to the mindees!

Mouse..i hope no one else is sick.
    Maza...enjoy your days of rest!

X X X