Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you still have your tree up?

We've still got everything up.

When do/did you take yours down? Do you take everything (tree, decorations, cards, lights, towels etc) down in one go or do you do it over a few days?

Our home still looks like Christmas, but I don't tend to listen to Christmas songs once Christmas day is over. We don't tend to do Christmas arts and craft anymore either once Christmas eve is done (although DD keeps reminding me that I still owe her an activity from our advent/stockings craft activities).

We did decorate a gingerbread house a couple of days ago because she got a kit for Christmas.

Do you still have leftover food or is that all done too? We've just got some cheese left, a chocolate santa and some mulled wine.

I popped to the library an hour ago and it was dark, but it was so lovely seeing so many twinkly lights still up everywhere.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We take everything down on New Years Day, then have a good clean and tidy ready for the new year but the living room does look so bare now its all gone. Like you I went to the local shop last night and quite a few people still had their outside lights twinkling away button be honest once Christmas Day was done we forgot to keep putting our outside lights on we just had the Christmas tree lights on. I know a lot of people keep theirs up until 12th night.
    Pixie Dust

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes the tree is still up but i think we will be taking it down today we have a busy few days coming up.

We still have christmas food - which when you are trying to be good isnt helpful

Pixiedust i agree its always so sad when the christmas decorations go it makes the house so bare.

We did a gingerbread sleigh Maza - dd loved that activity. Though she got her gallon of glue for christmas so can make slime to her hearts content
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we usually take all ours down on 12th night,

but this year it will be on saturday, as all out on the sunday! I have taken all the christmas bits out of the playroom, and moved a few bits around/out of the way of the minded children.

i will miss it when it all goes. i usually try to get a big bunch of flowers to replace the tree!

x

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Fussy a gingerbread sleigh sounds lovely! Did you design it/cut it or did you have a template or kit?

It is nice to have a good clean once it's all gone, Pixie dust, I agree.

A big bunch of flowers sounds like a good plan loocyloo!

9. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

12th night here too. I don’t put my tree up early though so appreciate the 12 days of Christmas after Christmas Day.
    Lazy days mostly, (but this year we have had a short break away with friends for New Year, ) spent catching up with Christmas music and TV and loving our Christmas Presents. I had some Bobbi Brown makeup and have spent afternoons practising to get it a just made up look, light, hardly there....which I have found tricky, but have been absorbed in skin care, which is rare for me. I love our outside lights...as you turn down one hill to come home they make the cottage look so nice, I don’t want to put them away! Plus visitors have been able to find us.
    Even though I now have an endless stretch of holidays I still work on School holiday timetable so no big household jobs are being done until next week....once decorations are down on Sunday and before our first visitors of 2019 arrive on Thursday.
    Our mindset is Christmas holidays are still going on at the moment......today though DH has planned a local 5 mile walk which I know I am going to be sluggish at the start after all this lounging around. I have some planning of crafts to do for the toddler group - have I said our tree came second in the competition? I paint rocks for the children in the village to find and this group also entered a tree which came third. The WI tree got a highly commended and my other group also decorated a tree ...but not a prize....yet I thought it was one of the best. So 2/4 was ok for my first contributions to Christmas.
    I have endeavoured to freeze lots this year....mince pies and coffee kisses went in the freezer last week but we have billionaires shortbread and ordinary shortbread to eat.....then we will go back to healthy eating, I count Christmas cake as ok - with all the fruit in 😊.
    I used to love making Gingebread houses Maza - especially the decorating, but rarely ate it. I bought a glass cake dome especially to cover one as I was always bothered about leaving it out and with pets, dust and hairs floating around landing on it as it waited to be eaten!
    Enjoy the last few days of family time everyone.

11. Likes Maza, FussyElmo, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh Fussy a gingerbread sleigh sounds lovely! Did you design it/cut it or did you have a template or kit?

It is nice to have a good clean once it's all gone, Pixie dust, I agree.

A big bunch of flowers sounds like a good plan loocyloo!
    We downloaded a template its only little so i didnt have to pretend i liked gingerbread. Dd used our happyland toys to decorate
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes Maza, Mouse, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our main tree came down on 28th Dec and the rest of the decorations followed a couple of days later. I usually spend New Years Day packing everything away, so it was nice to have it all done in advance this year.

Do any of you find that no matter how hard you look round, you always end up leaving one decoration out? This year I was on a mission to track down every last bit of Christmas decoration and really thought I'd done it. Then my little grandson found a small plastic deer ornament that was in full view on the fireplace. I don't know how I could have missed it! He took a liking to it, played with it for a couple of days before the ears broke off, so it's now in the bin. At least it saved me having to climb up in the attic to put it away!

15. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Mouse, we ALWAYS find something! It's a running joke between my mum and myself.

At school/work, we always take the decorations down on the last day of term - so sad, Christmas hasn't really begun but no one has the time in January. Anyway, one of the teachers was all smug because she had got hers down and away first. We walked into her room and there was a HUGE banner/bunting saying 'Merry Christmas'. It went from one side of the room to the other, so how she missed that was beyond us, but it did make us all laugh.

We've got friends from Australia arriving on the 7th and staying with us, so I might have to take most of the decorations down on the 5th, a day earlier than usual, as I will need to be cleaning/preparing on the 6th.

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post