Thread: Christmas Eve

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Christmas Eve

One more sleep.

Is everyone excited?

Are you done for christmas? And what does that exactly mean to you? To me it means i have brought the presents and wrapped them and been food shopping. It doesnt mean i have finished in fact im writing a list and delegating. Dh is working today so setting the children on.

Hopefully all done finshed by the afternoon as we are going to watch aquaman. For the last few years we have watched star wars at the cinema but rudely no star wars movie so now we have had to debate what we all want to see.

Have a great day all of you and dont forget to track santa via norad.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

I have just a bit of food prep to do for tomorrow and a choc log to ice! We did all (most of) the 'jobs' yesterday. I always think Christmas Eve should be as 'special' as Christmas Day; with time to stop and be excited and think about what is happening.

We always used to go swimming on Christmas Eve but when we moved, we couldn't find any pools that were open, so we started going for a long walk on the beach. A local pool IS open today, but the children have opted for the beach walk.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone xx

4. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve just got a couple of presents to wrap and the stockings to sort out then I’m done.

When the children were little Christmas Eve used to be a time for them to tidy their toys away in the hope they’d be getting new ones the next day! Really it was just a ploy to keep the busy for the morning and keep the excitement at a more manageable level. Then we’d take them for a run round the park to get some fresh air before heading home to watch the Muppet Christmas Carol.
    Now they’re all grown up so they’re either working, sleeping or doing their last minute Christmas shopping. Our grandson will be here most of today so he’s going to help me sort out some of his toys then we’re going to make some biscuits and go for a walk in the rain

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

6. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had to play catch up quite a bit and now we're almost ready.

I've been so busy that I haven't had time to enjoy the build up this year. The house has been a tip/cluttered for various reasons and so I haven't been able to appreciate the decorations. Anyway, we're tidy now - I just want to wipe down the window sills (love a spotless home for the big day) and then it will be time to enjoy it. I popped into the local village for a few bits today and DH dropped a whole jar of maple syrup, which smashed and went all over the freshly cleaned kitchen. So he spent ages clearing that up - one step forward two steps back - while I did the round of shops again (had just finished when he called to tell me) trying to get more maple syrup). Everywhere was out of it so he had to google a new recipe for the gammon glaze whilst I hung around the shops waiting for him to tell me what he needed. Then, he and DD were roasting chestnuts and one exploded in the oven - huge mess, and so he has been cleaning the oven, just as we thought we were almost ready to relax!

DD and I made a lovely garland out of dried orange segments and pinecones. We have been meaning to make it for days but have only just found the time. DD also put a load on a plate, with cinnamon sticks and put a candle in the middle. It looks lovely and is finally making me feel Christmasy. All presents wrapped, thank goodness, so once DD is in bed we'll be able to chill with some Christmas tv.

We're going to order takeaway for the first time ever on Christmas eve. Neither of has the energy to cook and then clean up all over again.

Hope you are all having a lovely time. xxx

8. Likes Mouse, loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

We’re done...
    To me that means food is in the house and prepped for tomorrow. Presents all bought, wrapped and delivered if necessary. The boys have made up the plate for Santa which consists of beer, cookies and carrots!!
    We’ve been out with friends for drinks this evening and now the last of the boys are now dozing off ready for the presents to be delivered
    Just a few boys to tidy up before we head to bed early as it’ll be an early start I’m sure!
    Have a lovely Christmas everyone xx
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just DH & myself watching tv. All ready in the fridge. Some presents bought but money requested so not the same.
    Each Christmas is different but just so relieved everyone home safe.
    Merry Christmas everyone.

12. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post