Monday is it half term for anyone?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Monday is it half term for anyone?

We still have another week to go.

Its a lovely autumn day though. I think its going to be nice now.

Im looking forward to half term it feels like its been a very long half term. Will be nice not to have to do the school runs.

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes we have 2 weeks half term starting from today. If the weather stays like this it will be fine but I think next week is going to turn cold but as long as it's dry?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our half term is next week as well.

I was saying to one of my mums how it was late this year. In all seriousness she said "I guess it's because Halloween is late this year"
    I'm not sure how she figured it could be late, but I didn't ask!

4. Likes BallyH, loocyloo, Maza, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes half term here. Soooooo lovely not to be held to clock watching for the school runs. Am enjoying the sunshine. All the lo's are so happy running about the parks/garden. And some of the autumnal colours are just beautiful. Happy hols.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Our half term is next week as well.

I was saying to one of my mums how it was late this year. In all seriousness she said "I guess it's because Halloween is late this year"
    I'm not sure how she figured it could be late, but I didn't ask!

A mum at school told me halloween was late too!

We're on half term next week, and I'm only working 2 days ! Hope the weather stays dry, but i have no plans yet, so it doesn't really matter!

Had a busy few weeks, with another busy one coming up. Im looking forward to a rest at half term ... but DD is dancing for 3 days ( that im off! ) so it will be a 'change is as good as a rest' lol! Then at the end of half term, I'm on a music training course which i really looking forward to.

Have fun everyone xxx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mouse and loocyloo is it the same as the fb posts claiming Halloween is on friday 13th

The music training sounds interesting loocyloo.

Im only working one half day to help a family out so looking firward to the break. However will have our normal football/rugby training/ matches. Dd2 has also been requested to try out for a cricket team by a local cricket coach strangely she was playing hockey at the time
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Mouse and loocyloo is it the same as the fb posts claiming Halloween is on friday 13th

The music training sounds interesting loocyloo.

Im only working one half day to help a family out so looking firward to the break. However will have our normal football/rugby training/ matches. Dd2 has also been requested to try out for a cricket team by a local cricket coach strangely she was playing hockey at the time
    Haha! Good luck to your Dd2 for the cricket team!

Music course is based on the teaching method of KODALY who was a Hungarian composer, and is the way music is taught in Hungary. It is fascinating. My children used to attend a music school that taught using this method ( from 0 to 8 yrs! ) and what the children can do is amazing. It's mainly singing, with a little bit of glockenspiel and recorders when they are older.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

loocyloo what a wonderful course to go on. It's such a treat to go on courses which are about activities and fun, rather than courses which are just updating you on legislation changes etc. Was it organised through your LEA?

Mouse, did you think Christmas was early this year too - is that why you have started your Christmas shopping already?

I'm on half term this week, although I've been in school all of yesterday and this morning, changing displays and making resources. DD loves coming and helping out. She is actually old enough to be a real help, so I'm making the most of it. For the rest of the week I've got reports to write and planning to do. I'm really not enjoying the workload of being a class teacher again (I've only been providing cover for the last couple of years, so holidays were truly holidays back then).

A couple of days ago we saw a David Attenborough documentary where he was in Richmond Park. We go there often but had never actually been to the part where he was - two great big ponds. So this afternoon we set out to find the ponds. Oh my, it was worth it. We couldn't believe we never knew they existed. We had a wonderful walk/play/climb. A beautiful Autumn day. It helped me relax a bit. On Sunday night we met up with DD's best friend and her family for a pub dinner. After dinner the kids all played on the green until about 9pm. It was such fun for them playing in the dark with little finger lights. It was like a Summer's evening.

The weather is set to turn from tomorrow I think. Enjoy the half term everyone. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    loocyloo what a wonderful course to go on. It's such a treat to go on courses which are about activities and fun, rather than courses which are just updating you on legislation changes etc. Was it organised through your LEA? no, not organised by the LEA ... its a private course, and is actually being run by my childrens old teacher! who is running the course up here in yorkshire! i'm really looking forward to it.

Mouse, did you think Christmas was early this year too - is that why you have started your Christmas shopping already?

I'm on half term this week, although I've been in school all of yesterday and this morning, changing displays and making resources. DD loves coming and helping out. She is actually old enough to be a real help, so I'm making the most of it. For the rest of the week I've got reports to write and planning to do. I'm really not enjoying the workload of being a class teacher again (I've only been providing cover for the last couple of years, so holidays were truly holidays back then).

A couple of days ago we saw a David Attenborough documentary where he was in Richmond Park. We go there often but had never actually been to the part where he was - two great big ponds. So this afternoon we set out to find the ponds. Oh my, it was worth it. We couldn't believe we never knew they existed. We had a wonderful walk/play/climb. A beautiful Autumn day. It helped me relax a bit. On Sunday night we met up with DD's best friend and her family for a pub dinner. After dinner the kids all played on the green until about 9pm. It was such fun for them playing in the dark with little finger lights. It was like a Summer's evening.

The weather is set to turn from tomorrow I think. Enjoy the half term everyone. x
    sounds like you are having fun ( even if you are having to do school work. i would imagine your DD would like helping you. my friend ( who i trained as a nanny with, and then also childminded ) 's daughter is a KS1 teacher, and my friend loves going in to help her in the holidays !!!! )

Your walk sounds excellent too. ( we saw programme ages ago about 'hidden' wild swimming lakes ... and then realised one was quite near us, so we went for a drive & walk to find it. we didn't swim, but amazing to find it! ) i love the thought and idea of children playing outside in the dark with finger lights. how fantastic

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Half term here this week and the weather has been amazing so we have been out each day. Last day tomorrow and we are off to a garden to do a Halloween trail looking for bat posters etc. I just like to get the children out in the fresh air when their school hols and it’s not always so nice in the October half term. Then we have an 8 week term until Xmas so there will be some tired ratty children by then end of term

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Half term here this week and the weather has been amazing so we have been out each day. Last day tomorrow and we are off to a garden to do a Halloween trail looking for bat posters etc. I just like to get the children out in the fresh air when their school hols and it’s not always so nice in the October half term. Then we have an 8 week term until Xmas so there will be some tired ratty children by then end of term
    I've clocked the eight week half term too - it's going to be looooooong.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hope half term has left everyone refreshed and revived.

we're just finishing the 8 week half term ... its not been pretty this week! everyone is exhausted.

we're still going to have a 7 week half term ... what with all the Christmas everythings at the end of term, everyone is going to be beside themselves by the time Christmas arrives!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have an inset today, then half term next week for local (county) schools.

This week has been half term in the two nearby cities. It’s a bit of a nuisance because it means all the city-based half term activities will be done and dusted after today. We’re stuffed next week if the weather is grotty.

Next year we go to a two-week Autumn break.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I hope half term has left everyone refreshed and revived.

we're just finishing the 8 week half term ... its not been pretty this week! everyone is exhausted.

we're still going to have a 7 week half term ... what with all the Christmas everythings at the end of term, everyone is going to be beside themselves by the time Christmas arrives!
    Yes its been an long 8 week term however next term being 7 has made up for it.

The weather really has taken a turn for the worst here cold and lots of heavy downpours

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don’t get me started on the weather.

I got so excited last night when the tv weatherman announced "the first Arctic blast of winter sweeping snow and ice from the North this week."

"Yippee" methinks, lovely snow. What a disappointment when I check the local forecast online: no snow, not even a single sub-zero temperature.

They shouldn’t be allowed to get us excited about snow when they really mean there might just be 20 minutes of light flurries on some obscure rock north of Scotland.

19. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Don’t get me started on the weather.

I got so excited last night when the tv weatherman announced "the first Arctic blast of winter sweeping snow and ice from the North this week."

"Yippee" methinks, lovely snow. What a disappointment when I check the local forecast online: no snow, not even a single sub-zero temperature.

They shouldn’t be allowed to get us excited about snow when they really mean there might just be 20 minutes of light flurries on some obscure rock north of Scotland.
    I’m reliably informed there were a few flakes of snow in Stoke this morning! The person telling me had been out partying till late last night though, so I’m not sure I completely trust their meteorological skills!

21. Likes Maza, bunyip liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we had SNOW !!!!!

HUGE flakes of it at 8am !!! turned to sleet around 8.30 and then rain, hail and anything else you can think of! sky is now blue with barely a cloud! Freezing outside though!

i had to pop to a nearby village earlier and the moors and higher ground were all white! a couple of cars drove past me with a good inch or 2 of snow on them!

23. Likes Maza, bunyip liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I’m reliably informed there were a few flakes of snow in Stoke this morning! The person telling me had been out partying till late last night though, so I’m not sure I completely trust their meteorological skills!
    No ww had snow as were leaving for dds football she shouted its snowing dh told her it wasnt. He had to apologise 5 seconds later. It was also very cold and snowing in west brom for the game. Poor girls were frozen.
    Since then nothing just frosts and it is very cold