Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Friday night

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Friday night

What are your weekend plans?

Mine are dd2 football tomorrow. Rugby for both ds2 and dd2 on Sunday. Football for ds2 on sunday. Dd1 goes back to uni on Sunday. House will seem quiet without her.

Im hoping the weather which has been quite horrendous the past two days improves else im going to be very soggy
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the last weekend before my youngest goes back to uni so hoping to go out for lunch, last minute shopping for some odd bits that he needs for his final year.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How did it get to Friday?

Had a busy evening...had to take DDs tutu when I picked her up from her ballet class, so that her teacher could 'approve' it! And then I rushed off to my choir practice. Got home and spent an hour talking to DS and his friends/parents whilst we sorted out a random party they wanted to go to tomorrow. Finally managed to eat tea at 9pm!

Tomorrow is a local 'show' so I've been busy with mindees all week doing children's entries, today I've made biscuits and tomorrow I need to make scones and pick tomatoes and grapes ... and have it all at hall at 9am! Then I plan to do nothing

Sunday is church and another choir practice as we start the round of harvest festivals next week!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It’s comforting to read about the football, rugby and dance classes again, it seems a long time since my life was dictated by preparation, practise and match times. It was a great family time.
    It’s not quite Friday night anymore but I have come on here for familiarity. I do not regret moving so far, but because everything is so different, life style, daily people I see, views etc familiar things are lovely. Reading about your families again is warming.
    The summer has been filled with friends and family visiting which has been lovely, but none are planned now for a while so I am trying to establish a life here now. Walking, watching the many birds in the garden, gardening in a different climatic area, coping with windy days - (I’ve had to invest in stakes and ties and drop all plans to go out and pick apples.....then further change plans to find time to deal with the bags of apples I now have.) Joining groups and meeting new people.
    This weekend a new friend invited me to join her at a glass fusion workshop, something I have never done before, but it was wonderful. Very therapeutic, snipping and scoring glass and creating patterns, it was a bit pricey, but well worth it in the end....and not something you could do with children, it’s a long time since I have done a purely grown up thing that I can’t think about how to adapt it for a child.....which made me realise my life has definitely started to change.
    Still hanging on to a little child related session though, today I am collecting the red ivy leaves 🍁 that are filling my paths up ( the whole front of the house is covered in a ruby red leaf, it makes me smile every time I arrive home) to make a collage at play group this week.

5. Likes loocyloo, Maza, FussyElmo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Same again this weekend
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

lol fussy!

DH is away this weekend, so we've had a very chilled morning ... I've only just got dressed! I've done all sorts of bits & pieces, but aimlessly wandered around doing them! its been bliss! ( DH usually likes to be DOING something! ) I DO have a list of things to do ... but i seem to be busy not doing any of them!

DD is dancing this afternoon and tomorrow is trying aerial work ( like trapeze! ) and DS has been to work and is now hiding in his bedroom and may not be seen until food is produced!

Have fun everyone xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We spent Friday night watching Bake Off (we record it). I really do like Sandi, Noel and Prue. I 'm currently watching them on Jonathan Ross, another show I love. Spent last night printing stuff off for my Maths display and tonight I did my RE marking.

I went shopping today and my back was aching (some sort of strain, am on painkillers). As I was leaving the shopping centre I saw a sign saying 'Try a free massage' - it was one of those chairs with a big belt you of thing that you place around your sore bits. Omg, it was bliss - it really was amazing! After a minute or so, DD said "MUM! Will you shush!" I realised I had been saying "Oooooo, aaaah, oh my.." with such feeling! That was the first time she has ever been embarrassed of me.

9. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post