Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What weather are you having right now?

Yesterday we felt like we were literally baking in our living room, even with the fan on. Today it is blowing a gale!

As we were dreaming of rain yesterday we decided to make rain sticks and would have done a rain dance if we weren't too hot to move. Today we made windsocks and hung them from our roof terrace. I'm surprised they are still in one piece.

I wonder what we'll make tomorrow.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that "now" as in "when you originally started the thread?", or "now" as in "right at the very moment I’m reading your thread?"

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Is that "now" as in "when you originally started the thread?", or "now" as in "right at the very moment I’m reading your thread?"

However you wish to interpret it!

Right now (Sunday morning) it is bouncing down with rain. I'm so happy for my brown grass. DH managed to 'win' some tickets to go and see Sergeant Stubby today at the cinema. I'm thinking I need to pack spare trousers for DD and myself as it's quite a walk from our secret free parking spot to the cinema. I'm not a cinema person (grumpy old woman that I am) and if I have to sit through thousands of adverts in wet clothes that will just about finish me off!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday evening was mild, dry and sunny. Earlier we’d had heavy showers and strong winds. Not that great for the garden and allotment as it just ran straight off the hard earth.

Right now it’s fairly steady light rain, which has a much better chance of soaking into the soil.

Hope you all enjoy the film.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are a lot cooler today, with a light drizzle and extremely windy. Got a long sleeve top on, the first in a long time plus I've not had to tie my hair up either. I'm very fortunate to have thick wavy hair but in hot weather I have to tie it up or else I feel I'm wearing a thick woolly scarf around my neck which is really uncomfortable.

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we are back from the cinema and DD, DH and I all agreed that Sergeant Stubby is one of the sweetest films we have ever seen. I can highly recommend it.

8. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We were at a family BBQ yesterday afternoon and it was the coldest I’d been for a long time. It was quite refreshing, but I did decide that after half a day of cooler weather I was missing the heatwave I’d been complaining about the day before!

It started to get very windy later on in the afternoon and the rain started just as we were leaving. We got home to find the gazebo flapping around in the garden. We’d tied one corner of it to a tree so it didn’t fly away completely, that goodness.

Today it’s rained on and off all day, but has started to brighten up now. Hopefully it’ll be back to blue skies and sunshine tomorrow.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well ....

Friday I was meant to be out all day, but we had thunderstorm all morning. Lovely in the afternoon. Friday evening amazing thunder, lightening and rain. Saturday it drizzled all morning and rained in the afternoon.
    I understand it is drizzling at home now, but actually, I am currently in Kos and it's still hot!
    Hope the weather clears for everyone xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooooh Loocyloo, enjoy! I love the hot weather when I am on a beach/pool holiday. Hope you have a wonderful time!

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It was awful Sunday the rain and wind hit with a vengeance.

It was our local carnival got to feel sorry for them the worst day weather wise for at least 3months. We still went though.

Today is cooler and looks like rain may happen.

Still wearing shorts refusing to give up
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

15. Likes Maza liked this post