How's everyone coping in this heat?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How's everyone coping in this heat?

Do you love the heat or are you getting fed up of it now?

One of my poor friends really doesn't like hot weather (she loves winter) and can't wait for it to end. She's struggling so much and getting fed up of everyone telling her she should be loving it!

My house has never been so tidy during the week as the children have either been outside or indoors asleep. I have to be honest though, by mid-afternoon every day I've got a blinding headache, so I could do without that.

On the plus side, the tumble dryer hasn't been on for weeks. On the downside, we've probably used just as much electricity with the fans we've got on 24 hours a day!

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All a bit too much for me.

A real struggle keeping plants alive on my allotment with no mains water supply.

Work wise, it's the usual thing of lo's overheating, plus issues st school: all the usual lack of care and teachers too lazy/arrogant/self-important to put suncream on children.

On the plus side, we haven’t lost so much as a minute's play to rain in the cricket.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As long as I'm indoors, I'm coping fine

I love the sun, but I don't do well in the heat.
    My house is in shadow at the front from about 10am, so the windows get opened and I can manage to get a lovely breeze going with the aid of a fan on the windowsill (bay window) so at least I can function during the day lol

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm driving myself insane with my total inability to put my sunglasses in the same place each time I take them off. I seem to spend hours searching for them each day.

5. Likes FloraDora, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love this weather - but a downpour overnight would be welcomed.

I have a friend whos suffering in the heat, its the i have to moan about the sky being blue brigade who annoy me. Spent all winter moaning about the snow now its the sun.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes mama2three, bunyip, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love it, though it is slightly breezier up here. We had some friends stay this week from the South that said they slept better here as it is slightly cooler.
    Being my first summer in this garden I am relying on the pots I brought with me which I have filled with herbs and bedding mainly. So I am saving water everywhere - Veg and pasta water, kitchen bowl, the tea pot etc.. to use as the pots dry out quickly. The forecast told me I might get rain the other day so I lined up every receptacle I could to catch it as I only have one water butt - I had 6 in my old house!
    Maza, you made me smile about your sunglasses - DH is the same so I gave him a basket next to the back door in the boot room , to put them in as he comes inside....but he forgets and leaves them on the next nearest surface when he realises it’s dark, so I put the basket there - with his case and lens cleaner....then he kept asking me where the basket was when he came in to the boot room......

We ate outside initially in our excitement of lovely weather and it made me feel like I was on holiday, but now we are back inside and are looking for cool areas.
    My fair skin means I have to use loads of suncream though so I am on my 10th bottle ....this weather is costly!

9. Likes mama2three liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m a sun lover , but I’m starting to wilt a little! I’m determined not to moan though as I’ll really miss the sunny days as soon as the weather breaks .

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like a couple of days of rain too refresh everything. After spending 2 days at Silverstone this weekend I’m all sunshine’s out. Even factor 50 didn’t stop me getting sunburnt shoulders. Still the children here has 2 weeks to go till summer hols so the rain will probably start then

12. Likes FloraDora, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Still the children here has 2 weeks to go till summer hols so the rain will probably start then
    That's pretty much guaranteed I think

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Drizzly rain here today but still warm. After mad 2 days of challenging 6 yr old and grumpy 2 yr old its quite nice to have a quiet day in the house with lego, colouring etc