Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Father's Day!

Hope all you dads out there are having a lovely day.

It's disgustingly hot here and fortunately DH hates the sun as much as I do and so he has requested that we stay at home today, yippee!

What are you all up to?

Post Thanks / Like

Had my beautiful grandson overnight and cooking Father's Day breakfast for 10am. Rest day today although bought a new bit of marine ply to make blackboard out of so may potter doing that and a bit of gardening when sun cools off.
    Happy Fathers Day xx

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've got all our children here for a Father's Day BBQ.

Despite the fact they're all pretty much grown up now, the paddling pools are out and they're splashing around like little kids

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Hope all you dads out there are having a lovely day.

It's disgustingly hot here and fortunately DH hates the sun as much as I do and so he has requested that we stay at home today, yippee!

What are you all up to?
    My dh is working 😕

But he had his present a few days ago and we are having a fairly chilled weekend
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DS was away doing DofE, DD was dancing away and I was with her, so DH joined several other 'abandoned' dad's at a car show.
    All going out for dinner later ... To be honest i'd rather stay home but have no food in and no shops open! (Well coop is, but I expect it is empty of BBQ stuff!)

Just found all the stuff I had ready for mindees to make Father's Day cards! Was so nice, we were outside all the time. Might make them this week! Oops!

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always feel a bit guilty on Fathers Day as it is usually quite close to DH& youngest son's birthday so the lads rarely are here. They make the effort to travel from either end of the country for his birthday.
    DH is bah humbug about Father's Day, thinking it's a made up day for the card industry.
    I always have such a nice Mother's Day I start off with great intentions to make sure his day is nice too.
    This morning I made croissants ( from frozen so when I say made...) in the sunshine , the rest of the morning was spent catching up with the political world and then on the iPad where he talked to sons and then lunchtime I managed a nice mackerel lunch, then I supported him in the technology frustration of downloading iTunes music gifts from sons ( whatever would they do without this wonderful invention?)
    The music was not my taste, they are opening up his knowledge of rap I think, all I could hear as I lounged in the garden was a heavy bass....not unlike teenage neighbours boom boxes in their cars as they drive in.
    I read in the garden and plied DH with tea and fav homemade biscuit, ice cream and cool beers.....then I went to fetch my kindle from upstairs.....the bed looked so inviting....I just lay down to read for a short while....
    Three hours later I awoke to aromatic smells from the kitchen, DH had made his own Father's Day meal for us both, set the garden table nicely and was waiting for me to wake up..g&t at the ready.
    I have had a lovely FD meal tonight..a chaffinch joined us too.
    Maybe next year I will spoil him!

11. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Father's Day again everyone! Hope you are all having a lovely day again this year.

DD made omelette, bacon and beans for us (under supervision). The omelette looked a bit like scrambled egg so she was a bit grumpy with herself, but it tasted good.

Then we treated DH to a coffee at a brand new independent coffee shop that has just opened in our village. For quite a small village, we already have a Costa, Starbucks and Café Nero within a minutes walk from each other. There is also another smaller chain coffee shop which opened about three doors down from this one and they were all buzzing so it was a lovely atmosphere. The one we were in today had a lovely 'water bar' with free tap water in lovely dispensers - some plain and some with refreshing lemon/mint etc. So DD loved the self service there and I guess that's what makes it stand out from the others. It made me think of us childminders when we try to think of our 'unique selling points'.

Off for our weekly walk on the Common in a minute, then I'm cooking and I have quite a lot of school work to do unfortunately.

Got DH a new chilli plant - great sales in Homebase yesterday. His other present - badly needed swimming shorts - haven't arrived yet.

Have a wonderful day everyone. x

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Fathers day!

Maza, that sounds like such a nice day ( apart from school work! )

somehow this morning, I made the morning cup of tea !!!! then somehow the children didn't do breakfast ( ?!!! ) and they all went off to band. I went to church. DH and DS then took 2 of our old aircooled VWs to annual local car show, and I took DD for a ballet exam! All home again now, and the children are meant to be cooking steak & chips for tea. ... we'll see! suspect DH might be cooking his own steak

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dh is working again deja vu.

It was dds 10th birthday yesterday but its been a relaxed weekend we are going to celebrate next weekend when dh is off. Though my eldest dd took her shopping in Birmingham so she has loved today.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Maybe next year I will spoil him!
    I love the way you find old posts Maza...your day sounds great, what a great wife/ mother you are.

Football interfered with my plans this year...DH had his youngest here with him so football dominated and oldest sent him an iTunes game ( which again caused brain ache downloading for us oldies)... but DH loved it so another screen was watched....and my planned lunch walk ending up visiting the new local pub got postponed.

DH favourite is beef bourguignon - and I wanted to try out the simmering oven on this inherited Rayburn ..so I started well this year and organised bacon oatcakes for breakfast whilst I popped the beef in the lower oven.
    Planned to be finished between the two evening matches...but it needed an increased blast of temp at end so was delayed.....so we ended up eating in front of football..which didn’t really bother anyone but me who had set a lovely table with white tablecloth and silver cutlery.

Maybe next year I will spoil him more...

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post