Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default We truly have the best job in the world

When the sun is shining. Especially when you get the chance just to sit and listen to the birds singing the downside side is i dont know different birds sounds but we had fun trying to recreate them.

Hope everyone is having a good day
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SongBird Survival | FAQs | Bird Song Fact File

is great for listening to bird songs.

there is an information board I saw at a local forest that listed the birds and the sounds they make such as 'pink pink' or 'teacher teacher'

just googled and found this British Garden Birds - Blue Tit, Great Tit & Coal Tit and British Garden Birds - Chaffinch

oooo, I could spend hours listening to these!

We've been out at toddlers, but came home and have been blowing bubbles, and watching them swoop and dive in the wind. Also had the ribbon streamers out

it is a touch windy here today, on the plus side, my washing is all dry ... except I have lost ( wind must have taken it!!! ) a laundry washing bag that I use to wash DDs leotards in!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had one of the squirrels join us in the garden this morning. They normally run a mile as soon as the children are outside, but this is obviously a brave squirrel and didn't go scooting up a tree as soon as it heard us opening the backdoor! It kept a safe distance from us but it was nice to see it up closer than we normally do.

My only complaint is the child who moans constantly while we're outside - the sun's too hot (play under the gazebo then), the water's wet his feet (it doesn't matter, they'll soon dry), his hat isn't straight (you're more than capable of sorting it yourself), he's got nothing to play with (look around the garden - I really don't believe there's nothing at all you could play with). It just goes on and on. The other children would happily play outside all day without a grumble, but he seems incapable of it.

5. Likes SYLVIA, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain mouse. I have 4 here after school today. Aged 2, 4, 5 and nearly 6. The 5 year old has done nothing but wonder about annoying the others, taking their toy, insisting it’s his turn when he’s just had a go. No matter how I deal with this problem he doesn’t alter his behaviour. All the others have just asked to come inside as they are fed up with him. It’s the same everyday and I’m told through the grapevine it’s the same at school. Good job it’s sunny to keep me smiling. Enjoy the sunshine everyone

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes..... but sometimes it's daunting.

I've just had a parent die. Snatched from this earth at 40 years young. Mum, 34, alone with family up North. At the moment she has a house full of family/visitors but I'm concerned. I feel I might fail her, not give her the answer - whatever that is?
    One child, 21 months with me 4 full days a week. A beautiful little child. Full of love and laughter. I feel very attached ... maybe that's what's upsetting me so much.
    I'm scared. I feel selfish for admitting this but I am. I feel overwhelmed as mum chats and pours out her grief to me. I'm afraid of saying the wrong thing as, fortunately, I don't have any experience of this. Life sometimes is just so damn unfair!!
    Any of you lovely peeps had this before?
    Mx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh BallyH im so sorry to hear this.

All you can do is be there for them. Just listen and and be there for them both xxx
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes BallyH, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's so sad BallyH. No wonder you're feeling so upset and confused.

I think all you can do is take mum's lead on how to speak to her. If she wants to talk, listen. If you don't know what to say, tell her that.

When my friend's husband died she said people were frightened of mentioning his name in case it reminded her of what had happened. She said did they really think she would forget? We're so worried about saying the wrong thing it sometimes stops us from saying anything at all. I'm sure your mum will gain great comfort from knowing her daughter has routine and stability with you at a time when so many other things will be changing xx

11. Likes BallyH, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh BallyH, big hugs to you, and LO, and mum.

I think, like Mouse and Fussy said, be there for mum and LO, talk to them, don't be afraid to speak about Dad, and if you don't know what to say, tell her that you don't know what to say.

lots of love to you all

xx

13. Likes BallyH liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything else we’ve moaned about seems trivial when you hear things as sad as this. As already said, just be a support and listen. Sending hugs for all

15. Likes BallyH liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh , even responding to the post it’s hard to know what to say! I’m sure you’re feeling overwhelmed but it’s wonderful that mum can confide and share with you , what a lovely relationship you have nurtured. Just remember to th8nk about yourself too , supporting others in grief often means we need support too xx

17. Likes BallyH liked this post