Good morning how are the holidays going?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning how are the holidays going?

Its been a bit wet and cold here so it does look brighter out today.

Hope you havent all over indulged in chocolate yet

Im off these holidays so we went to see Peter rabbit yesterday which we all enjoyed.

Today i have booked ds2 and dd2 onto drum and guitar lessons. A community group is offering them free. My youngest two are sporty so if they apply for anything musical they tend to get overlooked.

Whatever you are doing have a great day
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We spent the day in the woods yesterday, and today we're off to the beach!! I've got a pile of small world people to build a world with on the beach along with pebbles and driftwood and sand.

I'm off next week and can't wait!

3. Likes Mouse, Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just yesterday I was comparing my non-childminding holidays to my childminding holidays.

Even with just my own 9 year old here, the place still gets messier in the holidays - unfinished, work in progress projects in every corner, play set ups that I daren't pack away. It is nice to not have highchairs and pushchairs around though.

Yesterday she had her best friend over, and we made some chocolate cupcakes. The whole time I was thinking that this activity was so much easier doing it with a group of toddlers that I had trained to do things my way. I swear they made less mess/chaos and were more hygienic than this one extra child.

I like rain but am glad it has finally stopped. We're off to a park which is fairly far away today. Our local park has a funfair there for the Easter holidays and I hate the silly prices that they charge, so we are avoiding it.

The free music lessons sound awesome Fussy!

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We haven't gone to the beach ... one pair of siblings are coming late (family emergency) and by the time we get there all the LO'S will need a sleep! Plus we'd probably have to park a walk away from beach! So a quick walk up on the moors and maybe a picnic there, or an indoor picnic at home I think.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Just yesterday I was comparing my non-childminding holidays to my childminding holidays.

Even with just my own 9 year old here, the place still gets messier in the holidays - unfinished, work in progress projects in every corner, play set ups that I daren't pack away. It is nice to not have highchairs and pushchairs around though.

Yesterday she had her best friend over, and we made some chocolate cupcakes. The whole time I was thinking that this activity was so much easier doing it with a group of toddlers that I had trained to do things my way. I swear they made less mess/chaos and were more hygienic than this one extra child.

I like rain but am glad it has finally stopped. We're off to a park which is fairly far away today. Our local park has a funfair there for the Easter holidays and I hate the silly prices that they charge, so we are avoiding it.

The free music lessons sound awesome Fussy!
    DD has just asked if she and older mindees can bake later .... the mess... . arghhhh! Give me trained toddlers any day!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the schoolies that get me down. I have a growing belief that there are few things worse for children than school.

They've all lost the ability to think, play or create anything for themselves. All they can do is pay fleeting attention to some artificially contrived 'activity' if an adult lays it on a plate for them and backs it up with excessive praise and reward. I just had one expecting a sticker for colouring for very nearly three minutes before abandoning it as "boring". I swear I'm going to scream if I hear that word again.

One is competely detatched: hardly surprising as her first two terms have been unremitting bullying and violence which school has ignored, plus hearing her mum called a "problem" and accused of "making things up" for pursuing the issue.

I've also discovered that all the things that were so important in the early years, all the things so essential to "school readiness" cease to apply once they start school. Children who left my EY care healthy, active and considerate have been completely changed. We don't eat crusts or other "yucky muck" foods any longer. We don't play with unpopular children because they didn't invite us to their party, or they're "smelly", etc. And we no longer wash our hands after outdoor play because there isn't time for everyone to do that. Last time I checked their were still over 6 billion micro-organisms in every teaspoon of garden soil, but apparently 5 year olds suddenly become immune to ecoli, etc. (I'm sure that must be right, because it couldn't possibly just be because it's all too much of a fag for schools to simply keep children clean and healthy?)

Last edited by bunyip; 06-04-2018 at 10:17 AM.

10. Likes ziggy, loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've had one for the last 3 days ... who spent 3 yrs with me, 2 or 3 days a week all year round ... and now, after 2 terms of reception ... mindee can't hold a thought in their head, or make any decision without being majorly prompted, and as for being asked to do anything - needs a personal invitation if it is to happen without dissolving into tears!

12. Likes bunyip liked this post