Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default So who has the snow?

Well the beast from the east hasn't brought us much snow yet.

Just a little bit but I really want one last day of sledging then it can be spring please.

I would have been the best mum in the world if ds had a snow day on his birthday
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A56B563D-B424-4C4A-9B75-9948C6714310.jpg

I have snow....and new friends.

4. Likes Mouse, loocyloo, SYLVIA liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a pathetic little flurry (if you could even call it that) when I looked earlier. 10 minutes later I looked again and the garden was covered. We've got a decent covering now but the sun's out and doing its best to melt it away as quickly as it arrived.

6. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m in Kent and we have SNOW!! Just had a snow blizzard for at least 90mins. Sainsbury’s delivery van skidded sideways in my road and I can see 4x4’s being pushed up the hill at the bottom of my road. More forecast for later and Thursday. Strange but the two mindees don’t want to go out in it to play

8. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have about 4 inches of snow ... sky now blue and sunny, but more forecast.
    We've been out in it for almost an hour!

Just hoping it doesn't start again on school run ... although, seeing as it was snowing this morning, everyone should have wellies and coats!

10. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes we have here in Essex.It started yesterday but didn't last long now today we have snow showers on and off all the time. I decided as we were inbetween showers and the sun was out to take my dog to go and pick up from pre-school and yes halfway there another shower - more like a blizzard! Luckily my dog wasn't at all bothered and we arrived home looking like snowmen!

12. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

What a beautiful photo FloraDora. You should enter it into the Countryfile calendar competition. Thanks for sharing it's cheered me up.

14. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had 3 tiny flurries and each time I've thought 'oh here it comes' but none have lasted. Please not on the school run. After we're all back then it's welcome.

16. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

Oh my goodness, what a stunning photograph x

18. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    What a beautiful photo FloraDora. You should enter it into the Countryfile calendar competition. Thanks for sharing it's cheered me up.
    Couldn't she! Its absolutely beautiful!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

More snow today and the school has finally closed today. And so I have no children here today which never happens for me.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

More Snow yesterday, and more today, and yet more forecast !!!!

school was closed yesterday and today, and I suspect tomorrow !!! our secondary school was shut today ... it NEVER shuts !!!! expect they'll be back in tomorrow.

yesterday I had a couple of schoolies, along with my LO. Today, 1 LO was away, another was snowed in ( !!! ) and the 3rd I told mum not to bring, as she walks, and it would not be fun, plus her other children were off school. I said I would refund today for her ( LO about to start using funding, but started now to 'settle' in, and I know things are tight for mum. PLUS! not having LO, meant I could take schoolies sledging up or is that down ( !??!! ) the hill with the 'big' kids! ) ... so I had 2 schoolies only today! we've had so much fun, but can I admit ... I'm bored now !!!! I have run out of enthusiasm for snow play, snow stories and snow craft! The only positive, is that tomorrow, I have a group of children who ALL only come on a Friday ( except one babe! ) and so; the stories etc will be fresh for them !!!

and speaking of tomorrow, all children are apparently coming, despite one mum saying she hasn't left the house all week! ( and they don't live very close by either! heyho!)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our primary school was the only one ooen today.

The walk home was interesting with storm Emma wanting q fight with the beast from the east

Still hoping for a day of sledging but really getting concerned that ds's birthday party will get cancelled
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Every school in my area,5 primary schools are closed and the only one opening tomorrow is the one I go to. On Wednesday yr 1 were told to wear their coats as they had no heating. We are forecast 3-7cm of snow tomorrow so no doubt I’ll be traipsing back half way through the day to collect them. 😤😤

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As predicted our school is shut today, but secondary is open!

No schoolies today and out of 3 LO's.. 1 is a baby, 1 doesn't like snow and 3rd , mum said isn't bothered about snow!!

We've built a Den in the playroom and I think we might hole up there for the day!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have enjoyed following the foxes footprints all over the garden. We've been in the two gardens next to ours trying to work out the entry and exit points. One neighbour has a hole in the middle of his lawn and the footprints go right inside it. Our downstairs, diagonal neighbour has always said that the fox doesn't go in her garden, as she has high fences with no holes underneath - now she knows differently!

Oh Fussy, that's a shame if the party gets cancelled. Is it an outdoor one? DD is going to a paintball party in the woods tomorrow. It's going ahead, but the parents just didn't need this extra stress! You just don't expect this weather in March.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had great fun watching the squirrels in the snow - they seem to love it! They've been leaping around the trees and all round the garden. We also seem to have had a lot of very fat birds coming down for food. We get a lot of birds in the garden anyway, but I don't think I've seen so many fat ones!
    Last edited by Mouse; 02-03-2018 at 01:38 PM.

27. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Oh Fussy, that's a shame if the party gets cancelled. Is it an outdoor one? DD is going to a paintball party in the woods tomorrow. It's going ahead, but the parents just didn't need this extra stress! You just don't expect this weather in March.
    Yes it's at an outdoor activity centre. At the minute it's still on but they may havevto swap doing bushcraft for archery.

So for the first time ever we are hoping the snow doesn't come though we have had none for a few days.

Hope your dd enjoys her party x