Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Good morning

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning

Make me jealous and tell me who got snow. None here

Plans for today finish the dinosaur picture from yesterday. I drew a big dinosaur or well attempted to then we scrunched up tinfoil to paint on and transfered to the picture. It was a great success and only one footprint on the floor.

The oldest children are learning about Ernest Shackleton so we may try to make an igloo out of ice cubes as well.

Have a good day and think of me tonight when I'm on the 2nd of 4 of my first aid
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    Apr 02
    Post Thanks / Like

We have snow - too much of it - so bad I had to clear my car each time I went out yesterday (5 different times!!) thats how bad it was- thawing a little today but still iffy to drive when not on main roads.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ok ... so where did today go? !!!

No snow ... although we've had the odd bit of freezing sleet/rain, and i drove through some snow this morning on the moors.

We had a busy day at soft play, and then home for lots of colouring & sticking and Role Play, as it was a LOs birthday. She is Peppa Pig obsessed and had been going on and on and on and on about her 'Peppa Pig Birthday' ... so i made her birthday cake, and printed out pictures of Peppa Pig and stuck them on drinks stirrers to make puppets, and stuck them in her birthday cake. She spotted it on the side before tea, and she was so excited she could barely talk! so simple, and it really made her day.

got a busy rest of the week too ... roll on the weekend, when we go away to see friends and i don't have to/can't do anything!

Fussy - hope the first aid was ok. I'm doing mine as 6hrs online and 6hrs practical this time round. I've done the online - took 4.5hrs in total, and was good, but i'm undecided if i liked doing it on my own, as its usually in talking to other people/hearing stories, that help remind you about what to do. Doing my 6 hrs practical next weekend. Bit miffed though ... my current first aid runs out end of feb ... couldn't find a course to do in Feb ... this was the next best fit ... so i did my theory 6th Jan ... got my certificate ( that needs signing when i do my practical ) to say that it is valid for 3 yrs from 8th JAN! which means in 3 years time, i've either got to try and fit it in at the start of the year, or in december when life is already total chaos! i shall be speaking to the trainer and asking if it can be changed, as surely, i'm not fully 'trained' yet, as haven't done the full 12 hrs!

and that is before i start my usual complaint of 'i've been doing first aid courses for 30 years ( how scary is that?! ARGH! ) and really, do i still have to do it every 3 years? !!!' i know the answer already, but ARGH! i'd even be willing to do a 4/6 hr refresher every year, if i could stop having to do every 3 years!

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Loocyloo the instructer is great and i think thats the bit I enjoy being around other people who deal with the same things as you do.

2 more weeks to go
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post