Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Good morning

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning

Wow it was very stormy last night. Hope no one suffered any real damage.

I must admit working up to the 22nd seemed to be very long but I'm enjoying these last few lazy days before going back on the 8th. Lots of local schools have started back today.

What are you all doing still relaxing or have you gone back to work.

I really want to take the children to see jumanji has anyone seen it yet?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I took ds yesterday Fussy , it was one of the best films I’ve seen in a while. How old are the children? I would say probably 10+ to really get some of the jokes.
    it’s still stormy here this morning , when the weather is like this I’m even more glad I’m off until the 8th! Dh is back at work and I need to sort the house , have completely neglected any thought of housework since Xmas eve.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I worked in school yesterday (inset day, easy day) and today is my day off, but I have been into school for an hour as I had to sort out a risk assessment for library visits that I have been asked to plan. Logistical nightmare and I can sense that I am going to upset a few people by swapping people around, through no fault of my own. Oh I so wish I was a lone worker again at times like this.

It's DD's last day off and we had planned on going to the Natural History Museum, but she woke up today and doesn't want to go. Oh well, I've got tons of stuff that I need to do instead, but a day out would have been nice as I can feel that I am getting stressed.

Stay safe in the wind everyone!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    I took ds yesterday Fussy , it was one of the best films I’ve seen in a while. How old are the children? I would say probably 10+ to really get some of the jokes.
    it’s still stormy here this morning , when the weather is like this I’m even more glad I’m off until the 8th! Dh is back at work and I need to sort the house , have completely neglected any thought of housework since Xmas eve.
    9 and 10 so hopefully they will enjoy it.

I had a tidy up yesterday because I did the Christmas clean up but now everywhere looks bare.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not planning to see Jumanji, but people I know have enjoyed it with 10-13yo's.

We saw Paddington 2 before Christmas and loved it. The first Paddington film was excellent; the second is even better. By far the best children's/family movie of 2017, in fact it’s up there amongst the best of all the films I saw over the last 12 months. We took the grandchildren after school, but most the people there were unaccompanied adults.

No storm damage that I’m aware of, though I’ve not checked the allotment yet. I hate named storms. The combination of the storm and backache meant I only got 3 hours sleep before I had to get up for work. That probably left me a bit fragile, and ill prepared for an encounter with one parent who’s left me close to tears. New year, same old.....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    That probably left me a bit fragile, and ill prepared for an encounter with one parent who’s left me close to tears. New year, same old.....
    Sorry to hear that Bunyip. Back ache, lack of sleep and a PITA parent are never a good combination. I hope you feel better soon

I got a bit stressed a couple of months back (very unlike me) and DH bore the brunt of my sudden outburst. It could so easily have been my least favourite parent who was in the firing line!
    Last edited by Mouse; 03-01-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my first day back at work today. Being up and ready for a 7.30am start was a killer. I don't know who's been more fragile and tired this morning, me or the children! Luckily they're all asleep now so I'm having a coffee and tucking into the last of the Christmas chocs in the hope it'll perk me up! It's not working so far and I'll probably just end up with a sugar induced headache

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bunyip maybe a new years not resolution but determination to stop letting any parent get to you. I know it's easier said than done.

Mouse unfortunately my mouth opened when my parent turned up again with a poorly child......................................

9. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Bunyip maybe a new years not resolution but determination to stop letting any parent get to you. I know it's easier said than done.

Mouse unfortunately my mouth opened when my parent turned up again with a poorly child......................................
    I think I need a new regulation added to EYFS, to allow us to get some parents to sign a disclaimer that they don’t give a monkeys' about learning and development, just so long as they’ve somewhere to dump the child while they go to work. It would force Ofsted to disregard a child’s lack of progress when the CM has worked their backside off, only for the parents to undermine all our efforts and continue pandering to a child who can twist them round their little finger to get their every demand met. Especially when you spell it out to a mum who just giggles about it.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your encounter this morning Bunyip. Some parents don't know they are born. Hope that's the last of it?