Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New year's eve 2017

The last day of another year. It really doesn't seem that long since the year started.

I hope you all have enjoyed the Christmas week. We seem to have found the relax button and very little has happened. Lots of films and games.

We have nothing planned for tonight but we don't ever celebrate new years eve. I think I have been out once everything just seems overpriced and over crowded.

Whatever you are doing enjoy and stay safe
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    The last day of another year.

Whatever you are doing enjoy and stay safe
    I have similar thoughts , I always get a little worried when I see the youngsters out.

We always have a curry at a restaurant in town with friends. We walk back through town and I feel like an old grumpy woman as I comment on the lack of warm clothes and state of young people quite early on. It is also good to see those having fun...but not drunk as they queue at the entrances to the pubs.

My thoughts always go to a wish for them all to stay safe.

We generally then congregate in a home to play games, watch Jools etc...until midnight. I remember last year we had a big thread around all our opinions about Jools!
    I love the walk home after, DH and I always reflect and plan on our own, wrapped up warm, wishing passers by a “Happy New Year” .
    We have a quiet half hour in our own home, winding down and getting stuff ready for our long walk on Jan 1st.
    We start packing tomorrow too. I packed an heirloom clock today as I had a parcel delivered in an ideal box and felt a little emotional so I hope I can manage the rest of the house better!

I hope all my childminding friends have had a great week and will start 2018 trouble free and enthusiastic for plans in the new year.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So far I have spent the day doing art work with DD and her new oil pastels. We have been using pinterest and youtube to draw 'Snowmen at night'. Some really beautiful ideas with good tutorials. Most of them use chalk pastels rather than oil pastels, which I didn't even know existed. Something to add to the Christmas list for next year!

We then went food shopping, made bread and a big pot of soup and corn on the cob for lunch, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, used up the last of our mincemeat on a tart for tonight and reflected with amusement on how our new years eve's have changed over the years! I'm with you Fussy- very happy to be spending tonight on my sofa. We are having a buffet with lots of random food and a bottle of champagne - which was a gift to us from our upstairs neighbours when their flat leaked into ours, causing quite a bit of damage.

Floradora it made me chuckle that you remembered the Jools conversation. I remember it too. Just before I read this thread I had pressed 'record' on Jools, and left it for hubby to discover. It's such a longstanding joke between us! Again, no disrespect to him as he's obviously doing something right to get the prime spot each year. We'll dabble again tonight, and maybe this will be the year that we will 'see' what we have been missing all these years! All our friends love the show.

Wow, Floradora, packing! How exciting and emotional. Nice that you can start to move forwards though, it's weird being in limbo.

6. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy new year to everyone. Enjoy yourselves however you choose to celebrate. DP and I are having a night in together with champagne and party foods (basically to clear the freezer of Xmas food). We always see the new year in before going to bed but don’t really make a big thing of it.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy New Year!

We went out to the cinema yesterday late afternoon, and then out for a meal. Had a quiet one at home, not planning on staying up till midnight ... drinks and nibbles ... and planning next summers holiday! Suddenly it was midnight!

We did watch Jools and discovered a new jazz musician we liked!

Planning a walk later on today, but currently it's raining.
    Also need to do my 'start of the year' paperwork such as annual RA and list of 'special dates'. Plus termly stuff like newsletter, attendance file and I can't remember what else, but I'm sure there is something!!! Oh ... and sort out playroom ready to work on thursday!

Wishing everyone a happy, peaceful and successful 2018. X X X

10. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year to you all. We had a quiet evening, well as quiet as you can with 3 teenagers/uni kids arranging their social comings and goings. Was in bed before midnight. 2 of my sons got back 5am ish. Oh to be young and have energy.

12. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bit late to the party, but happy new year all.

Had a quite one this year, for which I'm grateful, DS was working till 10pm, then off to a party at his friends, with orders to collect him at 9am, DD went out at 8pm New Years Eve, and crawled in at 8.30am
    They both spent the day in bed, whilst I had a very chilled day pottering about happily lol

14. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post