Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Another winter morning

We must have had a bit of snow overnight and it's froze. Even when you stand on it you don't leave footprints. It made for a lovely (and yes i truly mean that) winters walk to school.

All the high schools have shut and most of the primary schools we must be hard-core.

Unfortunately I was going to go and get some Christmas presents not worth taking the car out when no roads have been gritted.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All our snow has gone but it is flipping freezing. I managed to lose another glove - I really think I need them on a string through my sleeves, I'm worse than the kids. I know DH has got me some for Christmas and so I was wearing odd gloves today, as I have to hold out until Christmas.

You know what really annoys me - the soft surfaces in playgrounds. They get sooooo slippery when there is frost on the ground. A few years ago I helped a toddler climb the steps on a slide and then was running to the bottom of the slide to catch him and I went flying. I hurt my wrist and just missed whacking my head on the slide. This week at school we had to block off half the playground which has the lovely soft surface as it was like an ice rink. They were then of course drawn to it like moths while I stood guard. I let them write their names in it with their fingers, whilst keeping their feet on the concrete, and they thought it was the best activity ever, lol!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It was like an ice rink round our way this morning and still even in the afternoon school run!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It still Is here. Might wait till later when dh has finished work and send him shopping
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door