Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Good morning

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning

20th December how are we doing? Are we ready for Christmas day?

I think we are but I'm sure if we haven't got it now we don't need it.

Most of our local schools closed yesterday so it's strange it being so quiet on the school runs however the extra days after Christmas will be very welcome.

Hope you are all having a good day
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm as ready as I usually am at this time of year - so nearly ready, but not quite. It was my last day at work yesterday, but it was a late one because we had to stay for an evening church service. I wasn't in charge of any children though and so I could just relax and enjoy the festive service. Spent my first day off doing risk assessments and organising a simple trip to the library for each class next term, but it is turning into a logistical nightmare and eating up too much of my time.

Spent ages queuing at the post office to post my niece's present - cost a small fortune in postage and packaging. DD picked some festive ale for DH, which is tradition, might taste awful but the labels are cute and festive! Posted the last of my cards.

Just need to buy for my mum, who is actually really easy to buy for, and a couple more bits for DH, who is impossible to buy for.

Going to do the freezer food tomorrow. Need to wrap some presents as I haven't wrapped any yet. I'm just always too tired by the time DD has gone to sleep and keep procrastinating.

Happy prepping everyone!

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m at a similar stage Maza. Couple more bits for dh , and a whole load of wrapping, x

5. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have everything ... I just need to WRAP and keep putting it off! I'm running out of time!

Working until 5.45 on Friday! Loads of events on during the day with minded children and been out every night with some other event! Argh!

Think I'm going to have to press DD into helping wrap ... she enjoys it! (But first I have to sort all the presents out, so she doesn't accidently see hers!)

7. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I have everything ... I just need to WRAP and keep putting it off! I'm running out of time!

Think I'm going to have to press DD into helping wrap ... she enjoys it! (But first I have to sort all the presents out, so she doesn't accidently see hers!)
    Me an dd1 wrapped she enjoys it but omw she faffs

I will finish tomorrow at 430 so close and yet so far away.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I forced myself to wrap DD's presents last night. Really didn't want to, but I'm so glad I did. We have got soooo many rolls of wrapping paper and it gave me great satisfaction to get to the end of a couple of rolls!

Waiting for a Baker Ross delivery and have to wrap DH's presents, oh and the little bits for the stockings, but I'm so glad I made a start.

We're going to grow a candy cane for our activity today.

11. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you grow a candy cane? I know how one disappears!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In the absence of a toy storage den now, it has returned to our library and music listening den with all our LP’s and a record player.
    Now it is a wrapping den.
    I have put the old camping table up in there next to the sofa and set up all the wrapping paper in a deep bucket, the tapes are all lined up, ribbons and string and tags all set up like a little craft corner - you can tell I have time ...and space ...on my hands now!
    But it has made wrapping so much easier I have left the pressies for others in there and I just pop in, put on the Spinners Christmas LP and just wrap one at a time.
    DH wrapped something in there this morning and it looked like the children had been there, crafting!
    It’s all back to it’s organisational best and he is banned now from my den.
    When we move I have decided to have a craft room, and am getting excited about how to organise it....not sure what I will make, but I just like fiddling and making in all sort of mediums, sewing, knitting, paper craft, beads, painting and colouring....and I am dreaming about all my resources being in one place. No more making on the dining room table.
    In fact yesterday I was supposed to make the last food shopping list and got carried away writing a list of things I will need to organise my stuff....so a little behind with Christmas planning now!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Flora in very very jealous of your wrapping den and the thought of an organised craft room just for yourself.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Flora in very very jealous of your wrapping den and the thought of an organised craft room just for yourself.
    Me too!

I usually just wrap presents on the living room floor whilst watching a movie. Last night I was irritating DH (and myself) because I had the noisiest paper ever. We weren't exactly watching a festive movie - we were watching the Will Smith one where he donates all his organs. It was good but heavy.

We have a local theatre group (called Bobble hat company) who are doing a 'live advent' throughout December. Free pop-up events in random locations locally. We have just been to see a 'dogs whodunit murder mystery' at a local café where dog walkers often congregate in our woods. It was soooo good! I'm going to check out the last three events now to see if we fancy any more of them. I'm not travelling up to Manchester to see my family this Christmas and so it is nice to be able to enjoy my own area.

Dragonfly - candy canes - get a small plant pot/paper cup and fill it with cotton wool to represent snow/soil, bury a mint sweet in there to represent the seed (we never have mints so we add a few drops of peppermint extract), sprinkle on some red glitter to represent water. The next morning a candy cane has magically appeared. It's all over pinterest so can't take credit. I do it every year with whatever kids are around and it is a firm favourite.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Floradora that sounds wonderful!!

Maza I used to always wrap on the floor but a few weeks ago after wrapping just a couple of presents which needed sending early I ached from neck to knee!! Getting old I think. So this year it’s the dining table , and it’s actually much quicker , probably as I’m not half watching something on the telly at the same time
    Have done all apart from youngests , I need to pull all his out whilst he’s at school tomorrow and see what he’s actually got...then dh will decide he hasn’t got enough and go shopping again........

17. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post