Have you seen the Nativity 1,2,or 3 film?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you seen the Nativity 1,2,or 3 film?

We're busy watching Christmas movies these days and amongst of our family favourites are the Nativity movies. Oh my goodness they make us all laugh out loud! We were watching Nativity 3 the other night but the for some reason only the first half recorded, so we are looking forward to watching the whole thing over the next few days. Can highly recommend them if you haven't seen them already!

DD's latest passion is dogs, and so we have been watching the (very dated but still funny) Beethoven movies. We have got Beethoven's Christmas lined up for Christmas Eve.

Mouse is it you who always watches Muppet's Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve? I've been meaning to watch that for years and I will get round to it one year, as I've heard it's also very funny.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Muppet Christmas carol is good Maza.
    I do love the nativity films , haven’t seen the latest one though.
    We all love the wizard of oz. it was dss favourite film when he was little and dh and ds always jump up to do the lollipop guild dance even now. It reminds me of all those years it was on on Christmas Day , before we had so much viewing choice,,

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Muppet Christmas Carol, my favourite Christmas film! I'm going to introduce my grandson to it this weekend but as it hasn't got any of the Paw Patrol characters in it I'm not sure how interested he'll be

I bought Nativity last year as I'd heard it was good, but I really couldn't get into it.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not seen any of the navitity films. However I love the Muppets chrismas Carol I remember my mum getting it me on video
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

mama2three that is so funny - your husband doing the lollipop dance! One of the boys who does the dance looks a bit like my brother (in a very strange way, and no one else in the family can see what I mean) and he used to get cross when I pointed it out when we were kids, lol. I always think of him and giggle when I see that dance, even now. Now I'll think of your grown up husband doing the dance!

It was nice before all the viewing choices, then you knew that families everywhere would all be watching the same thing! I remember us all watching it too, and Oliver Twist. I did watch the Wizard of Oz a few months ago and I found it quite creepy and couldn't understand how we had all loved it so much, but it did seem really magical in those days.

9. Likes mama2three liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can’t help but be very focussed on H&S, safeguarding, appropriate behaviour of teachers and I also lack a sense of humour around comedy school situations...I can only see that “that could never happen “ - I drive DH mad with this outlook. So consequently the Nativity films are my worst nightmare!
    I watched the first one and couldn’t put myself through the rest.
    I know I miss out on good funny films through this negative part of my character...I am also not good with stand up comedians, I never seem to get the one line jokes.

I have been watching lots of the free films on the various networks I subscribe to in my quest this year to find a ‘favourite Christmas film’. I have been to a number of social gatherings and have been asked this, it seems to be a go to polite enquiry at Christmas socials with acquaintances this year. I have been bothered that I hadn’t got one...it use to be Santa the movie, but I really don’t like the baddies in it now.
    Elf has had high ratings in the conversations prompted by this question, so I watched it. I enjoyed it, but I couldn’t say it was a favourite, the same with Arthur.
    My quest is still ongoing, any recomendations would be appreciated, but I don’t want to pay for this research which is a slight drawback.

11. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Your post made me laugh Floradora!

Not sure I've seen Santa the movie, or Arthur. I don't like Bad Santa because of the baddies in that.

The Snowman always does it for me, but DD has grown out of it. I do love Home Alone and Grinch, but have seen them so many times. The same with Love Actually, but only for adults.

Jack Frost is lovely, but it makes me cry and I am known for not crying at films.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not seen any of the Nativity films. This is our first year of not watching 'Polar Express'.
    At the moment I would have to say I enjoy 'It's a Wonderful Life'.

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love The Muppets Christmas Carol, and 'Nightmare before Christmas' ( the Tim Burton animation ... I LOVE Jack Skellington! ) and I do like the Grinch. DD has just learnt a song from Grinch, so I think we'll be watching it tomorrow whilst wrapping!

I really didn't like Nativity whatever, when I saw it on tv sometime ago, and I caught a performance from the musical on Blue Peter a few weeks ago and loathed it! i think like Flora Dora, i just keep thinking how such things wouldn't really happen! I can cope with magic and mysteriousness, and amazing things happening but Nativity just seemed too far fetched to me! I don't like Polar Express either, and luckily neither did either of my children!

oo Maza, i like the Snowman too. Last year I found the Snowman Ballet on the internet and watched that, and it was very magical.

16. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post