Thread: Strictly final

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Strictly final

Who will win?

We are supporting Gemma
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was out carol singing!

I wanted Debbie to win, but thought Gemma would.

Got home, just in time to hear them announce the winner! Am going to watch the dances on catch up! DD says it was very good.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed watching Joe the last few weeks. His acting as he dances is brilliant and his partner does such exciting choreography. I don't think he has ever been in the dance off. His Charleston was one of my favourite ever dances - and how amazing was the lift last week?!

Debbie and Alexandra were both brilliant from day one though. I did like Gemma, she seems so down to earth, but I think she was the weakest dancer.

I liked Alexandra's show dance but thought the others were really unusual, in an underwhelming kind of way compared to the show dances we have seen in previous years.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dd2 has loved Alijaz since he started and won with Abby Clancy. So our loyalties have to lie with him

However I do believe that Gemma has been the most improved and had no formal dance training like the other 3.

But kayta and Joe have had some amazing dances and have quietly gone through the rounds.

We were surprised the voting opened after the first dance and the show dance wasn't last.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Fussy, it was a bit odd that the show dances weren't last. Yes, Gemma was the most improved - when Debbie did her show dance it was so obvious that she had had ballet training.

I love watching Giovanni and Gorka dance. I think they are mesmerising to watch, whatever style they do. I think the male professionals are outshining the female professionals at the minute.

Nearly time for Dancing on Ice!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it over at last?

Sigh of relief.....

Has that jungle thing finished too? ("I’m a Has-Been, Get Me Into Something", as I’m sure they all said to their underworked agents.)

One of the best things about Christmas is that it heralds the ending of these non-entertainment celeb bore-fests for a week or so.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone watching this year's series? Any predictions yet? I love the way the comedian just giggles at himself the whole time. Wasn't ever keen on Susanna, although she was quite sweet in her speech at the end.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don’t usually watch it...tuned in when Ed Balls was on as one of my minedees dad was a friend of his and she was obsessed, so I watched with her.
    This year though I want to follow Joe Suggs, who I have followed on you tube for a few years ( We have a Brighton link) so have watched each episode and am enjoying it. I am however a little bothered by the girl and boy band folk who obviously have a bit of a dance background so it isn’t an even playing field. Stacey Dooley is a favourite of mine.
    Suzannah admits dancing was not her forte and she was the best one to go first. I was an avid reader of her column with Trinny, they taught me to dress for my body shape and be confident and not to wear horizontal stripes.

9. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not an even playing field at all. It's a bit boring when they come in already good. Even though they claim it's a totally different type of dance they are definitely still at an advantage.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I must admit the experience some of them have in dance does seem to be a very unfair advantage.

I cant take to Ashley as she is ballroom trained and was a judge on dancing with the stars.

I like sean but feel that the fact they have been all over the papers may go against them.

I like Stacey, Ranj, as they do seem to be really enjoying it. I also like kate especially after tumbling down the steps and carrying on so well.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did like Sean and absolutely love Katya's choreography, but I think their behaviour recently was appalling and don't see how they can get the public on their side now.

Bless Kate with her stumble!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm bored this year and no one is particuarly standing out for me yet. 🤔

I didn't like the comedian to start with and think his and katyas behaviour was not appropriate. It will be interesting to see what happens.

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So i guess the question is who will win.

I think with it being down to a public vote its possibly going to be joe with his online support

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted Joe to win! I thought he was such a lovely person. So glad Ashley didn't win, even though I thought she was the best dancer I just couldn't take to her.

I can't remember - has Kevin won before? I know he has been in the final before...

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I missed it, as i was out with my mum!

I wanted Faye to win, but Stacey was a close second so I'm happy! I thought Joe might win with his public vote and i didn't warm to Ashley at all either. I didn't think she would win due to public vote!

I can't wait to watch all the dances when i get home.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Shame Joe didn’t win, but Stacey was my second choice.
    I just didn’t want the professional dancers to win.
    Never followed it before...Joe was my interest, I have become a big you tube watcher of late, but really enjoyed what I saw.

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I wanted Joe to win! I thought he was such a lovely person. So glad Ashley didn't win, even though I thought she was the best dancer I just couldn't take to her.

I can't remember - has Kevin won before? I know he has been in the final before...
    Kevin's been in the final 8 times but don't think he ever won that's why he was so emotional! Love Stacey and so pleased she won.

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No he’s been runner up 3 times but never won.
    I was pleased Stacey won , even though both Faye and Ashley were better dancers they were already trained dancers before the competition.

22. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Im glad Stacey won i think the improvement both her and Joe made throughout the series was amazing.

Though Craig's face at the end he didnt agree with the decision

24. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed Craig's face but I heard about it! I thought Stacy and Kevin's showdance was messy. I thought Joe's was unusual and funky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast