Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Are we ready for Christmas yet

I think I need some motivation as I still have most of the present shopping to do and the food shopping.

Even dh is starting to ask when we are going to do it.

I'm really not in the festive spirit yet which is very unlike me. Even the snow has gone so it no longer looks like Christmas.

I think this term has been so long im thankful we break up on the 22nd but I could have been finished this Friday.

Feeling a bit of a scrooge this year
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m struggling a bit too. This year I haven’t got all my children home , eldest ds is working down in Berkshire on Xmas day , and this is the first year youngest ds doesn’t believe. Breaking up so late seems strange too , and I’m struggling with presents .. haven’t even done as many Christmas makes and crafts as I usually do.
    I am usually utterly excited by Christmas but it all seems a bit flat this year

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m done and wrapped.. cards posted or delivered and shopping is all in order. What doesn’t arrive I will pop out for on Xmas eve. I’ve done more crafts with the minders this year than I’ve done for a long time and made some decorations for myself too. Best year for me for a long time

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is, thank goodness for Amazon Prime! I haven't set foot in a shop yet. I keep meaning to, but life keeps getting in the way.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I’m done and wrapped.. cards posted or delivered and shopping is all in order. What doesn’t arrive I will pop out for on Xmas eve. I’ve done more crafts with the minders this year than I’ve done for a long time and made some decorations for myself too. Best year for me for a long time
    You can really go off some people you know

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo, SYLVIA liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You can really go off some people you know
    I thought exactly the same thing mouse!!

8. Likes loocyloo, SYLVIA liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    I thought exactly the same thing mouse!!
    And me !!!!

I have just finished present buying ... as long as all online orders arrive! Can't get motivated to write cards or even think about food!

Haven't done much Christmas stuff with mindees, but have been busy doing stuff!

10. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm feeling better having read this post. I've done no crafts with mindees yet! But 'there's always next week' - and I've been saying this the beginning of December. Hardly any cards written as I keep getting informed on fb that certain friend's aren't sending any this year and are donating to charity so I'm just in the mood to say 'well then I won't be sending to you either' - oh dear I have got the hump but don't know why.

Just one ds to buy for this year as the 2 Uni boys want 'money please'. He wants 2 ps4 games at £45 each!!!!

So no food bought yet but I have booked my delivery slot so at least it's something. But I'm just not 'feeling it'. Why??????

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    Oh I'm feeling better having read this post. I've done no crafts with mindees yet! But 'there's always next week' - and I've been saying this the beginning of December. Hardly any cards written as I keep getting informed on fb that certain friend's aren't sending any this year and are donating to charity so I'm just in the mood to say 'well then I won't be sending to you either' - oh dear I have got the hump but don't know why.

Just one ds to buy for this year as the 2 Uni boys want 'money please'. He wants 2 ps4 games at £45 each!!!!

So no food bought yet but I have booked my delivery slot so at least it's something. But I'm just not 'feeling it'. Why??????
    I don't know where my lack of Christmas is usually I love it it's just doesn't seem to feel right.

Game has a sale on I have just ordered 2 of my boys list at 34.99 each
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes BallyH liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn’t it strange that some years Christmas preparations flow so easily then other years it’s so hard to sort gifts and get motivated. Do you think it depends on what’s happening in your life at the tine and what sort of year you’ve had.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Sylvia it seems you’re having a much better year than the rest of us,,😁

16. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Isn’t it strange that some years Christmas preparations flow so easily then other years it’s so hard to sort gifts and get motivated. Do you think it depends on what’s happening in your life at the tine and what sort of year you’ve had.
    I have to be honest, I have never had a year when it's gone easily! When I was younger (single, no kids, living with parents), I used to do all my shopping on Christmas Eve. That sort of set the standard, so now I think I'm doing well if I get everything done the week before Christmas

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've bought some presents but really struggling with others. Think I'm going to pop to the shops in an hour, before they get busy, and see if I can get some inspiration. Really need to get the family up North sorted so that I can post them in time. Bought my nephew a moonball, which looks good, but am really struggling to find the Steve Backshall book that I wanted for him. My niece would like smellies - I was in M and S the other day and they had lovely smellies at half price, but I didn't know then that that was what she wanted.

DH as usual is the most difficult person in the world to buy for.

Planning on starting the food today - buying a stuffed turkey breast from Cook - I'm the only one who will eat turkey, so can't justify buying more than that. DH cooks beef and gammon for himself and DD.