Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The big question is -

WILL IT SNOW?

That is all
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not forecast here sadly.

My family had it last week in Manchester and we were very jealous.

It's just been really windy and raining hard today. I'm just hunkering down and just chilling out really. Have been preparing some Christmas crafts and shortly I'm going to wrap some presents. The trees do look lovely now though after the rain - the bare branches right outside my window look like they have been decorated with diamonds and crystals.

Is it forecast where you are Fussy?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We got snow overnight but just enough to make a slippy school run , not enough to look pretty and play in 😕

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We were promised snow from early hours friday morning to Monday however we got a few snow flurries and now everywhere is clear.

Some schools have closed and parents are not impressed and I can't find a reason to justify the closure.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had overnight snow which froze. Quite treacherous on school run and useless for sledging, etc. but very pretty across the fields.

Better quality snow is due today, but unfortunately will miss us to the West.

Hey ho.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes and lots of it! I'm not used to it having moved from the south up to t'north

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes!
    Been out on our ‘snowboard’ today - an old skateboard with the wheels removed - worked a treat.

Did plan to re-pot my huge bay tree ( want to take it with me and it is currently the central pillar to my herb garden, I saw a smaller one in the garden centre for £255! - so it’s coming with me...) but now the ground is frozen so plans cancelled for a hugge afternoon in front of the coal fire with a hot chocolate and Preston’s latest book.....which I put on my wish list for Christmas...but it arrived today ( DH wants some quiet ‘making time’ so a book for me is a sure way to get me out of the way) .

Happy snow playing to everyone who has it.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We had more this morning. Me and ds had great fun on a run first thing this morning. He actually made literacy references.

Then the younger 2 went out with some friends for a street snowball fight.

We are now hoping for more tomorrow so we can go for a proper sledging session

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh all these tales of snow fun are making me nostalgic! I'm sure we had proper, deep snow every year as a child. Amazing memories. I'm the opposite to you Rick - moved South from the snowy north. My family (still up north) are driving me insane with jealousy with all their photos.

DH has found some alternative versions of Christmas songs, same words etc just more funky and modern. I quite like them, even though I'm usually the traditional one. I think it's his way of subtly steering me away from my well used Christmas CDs.

Well done Fussy for going for a run in the cold!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

None here, yet.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We finally have some! For the first time in forever DD decided to have a lie in. DH and I, whilst enjoying the peace, were anxious that she would wake up when it all stopped. We had tea in bed and watched the sun rise while the big flakes fell and slowly settled on the tree tops outside our window. Stunning. Eventually, I peeped in on DD, who said she had been lying awake for ages. DH started to draw the curtains in her room while she stroppily told him not to, and then mid strop noticed the snow! She was out of the front door within minutes!

It wasn't deep at all, but enough for her to make a little snowman. We were wondering why the little boy next door wasn't out playing, and then we remembered that he has just moved over from Canada! He did eventually come out and they had a snowball fight.

Back inside for hot chocolate, eggs and bacon, making snowflakes and making cork snowmen. So glad we don't have any other plans for today.

Drizzling now, but we are due more today.

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    WILL IT SNOW?

That is all

YES WE HAVE IT TODAY! Wasn't expecting it so got a shock this morning. Very rare that it snows this side of Christmas usually around February here in the south.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still snowing and lots of school closures announced for tomorrow.
    Two gritting lorries have turned over locally too...so road gritting will be a problem as I don’t think we have many.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH and I were planning to go and do some Christmas shopping today, but the snow came and scuppered that idea!

We had a good covering in the garden. Enough for our grandson to go out and have his first proper play in the snow. Last year he was still a bit young to fully appreciate it. Most of it has gone now though and I think we're in for an icy day tomorrow

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse, when you try to be ahead of schedule the snow gets in your way! Hope your grandson had fun! We were chatting to a passer by today with a little one, and the mum was saying how it was his first experience of snow. I love witnessing of first experiences!

We got drenched, got everything dry on the radiators and then went out for round two. Playing in the garden in the snow did make me think of my Ofsted inspection, 2010, when it was snowing heavily. I was desperately hoping that it would be cancelled due to the snow, but alas, the inspector turned up in her moonboots fully prepared for outdoor play.

Gosh FloraDora, hope the drivers are ok.

Don't think it has snowed enough here for my school to close tomorrow.

We're hoping it is still around in the morning so that we can see the footprints of the different night time visitors in our garden.

Love your emoji Mouse!

19. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We’ve been lucky I think ‘ or unlucky depending how you look at it. It has been snowing today but very lightly, the trees look pretty but the roads are clear. Doh has a 75 mike commute to work so Much as I love snow I do dread it , I worry about him on the roads.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lots of schools have closed here more for the icy conditions not the snow.

Kids have had a great time but I'm still wanting more strangely the snow does lift my spirits. Though I know it's no fun for people who have to drive in it.

Maza people called me other names for going for a run 😂😂😂

22. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Lots of schools have closed here more for the icy conditions not the snow.

Kids have had a great time but I'm still wanting more strangely the snow does lift my spirits. Though I know it's no fun for people who have to drive in it.

Maza people called me other names for going for a run 😂😂😂
    I have been out and about today and in and around and I would say everyone I have come in contact with has lifted spirits.
    The van drivers(2) stopped to tell me about the roads, not in a moany way, just chatty - usually they are pulling their machine away before I have written two letters of my signature.
    On my early morning walk the ‘worker’ dog walkers smiled and commented about the weather and told me if they were having a day off instead of head down, don’t talk or I’ll be late for work.
    My late morning walk catches the oldies and everyone of them talked, they often pass me by, there were also more people out and about.
    Shopping this afternoon people were happy - no grumpy bah humbugs and all the shop assistants were cheery, retelling tales of how long it took them to get to work yesterday....winner was the Sainsbury manager who took three and a half hours to get to work.
    The local children were out with their sledges and squeeling with joy and a grumpy fire and brimstone elderly culdesac guy stopped to talk to me about our move - he only usually goes anywhere in his car but he passed, walking, when I was clearing our path.
    A youth offered to clear my path for me.
    A great sociable day....because of the snow Fussy.
    Tomorrow we’ll all be hibernating ...until the next snowy day.

24. Likes Ripeberry, Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

We had snow yesterday. It rained all morning, then all of a sudden around noon it started to snow heavily. We then decided to go up the the Cotswolds and have a look. The roads were a bit slippy, but we had a winter wonderland all to ourselves
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

26. Likes FloraDora, Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I have been out and about today and in and around and I would say everyone I have come in contact with has lifted spirits.
    The van drivers(2) stopped to tell me about the roads, not in a moany way, just chatty - usually they are pulling their machine away before I have written two letters of my signature.
    On my early morning walk the ‘worker’ dog walkers smiled and commented about the weather and told me if they were having a day off instead of head down, don’t talk or I’ll be late for work.
    My late morning walk catches the oldies and everyone of them talked, they often pass me by, there were also more people out and about.
    Shopping this afternoon people were happy - no grumpy bah humbugs and all the shop assistants were cheery, retelling tales of how long it took them to get to work yesterday....winner was the Sainsbury manager who took three and a half hours to get to work.
    The local children were out with their sledges and squeeling with joy and a grumpy fire and brimstone elderly culdesac guy stopped to talk to me about our move - he only usually goes anywhere in his car but he passed, walking, when I was clearing our path.
    A youth offered to clear my path for me.
    A great sociable day....because of the snow Fussy.
    Tomorrow we’ll all be hibernating ...until the next snowy day.

Thinking about it we got more than the usual good morning on our snowy run.

It's very icy and very cold here this morning bit everywhere does still seem very magical