Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Home is where the heart is

Well we're back from our two week trip to South Africa to see DH's family. We got back this morning. It was our 'best' trip there so far - but that's not saying much as the other four times I have been have been terribly stressful. The last time we were there was when DD was 13 months old and we went for 6 weeks and it nearly sent me over the edge. Difficult family, but to be fair they probably think I'm difficult - we're just different.

Anyway, we stayed in/visited some beautiful homes of various family members, all huge, with equally huge and beautiful gardens. However, we are so, so, so happy to be back in our two bedroom, first floor flat on a busy main road with no direct access to our garden. DH and I just keep sighing happily and saying, 'There's no place like home!' Bliss!

2. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo, hectors house liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So gald to hear you had a better time than normal. Did DD enjoy spending time with family?

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Pleased to hear it went reasonably well.

I'm always pleased to be back from holiday with my own bed and a good cup of tea!

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You survived, great news.
    I felt the same when I returned from a month with friends in America. They lived in the commuter belt north of New York....great expanse of land with huge wooden homes and woods in their back garden. We enjoyed it and loved their huge home where 5 teenage boys could entertain themselves and rehearse a full band in the basement and we couldn’t see or hear them.
    But our lads and us loved the rest of the summer break in our small, talk to each other from any room home ....it felt like a family home......though occasionally, when the thud of drums with pads on to muffle the sound got irritating, I longed for a concrete bunker basement.
    Home is where the heart is.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gad to hear you're home and happy. My mum use to say 'nothing like your own carpet'.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad you are home missed your replies/posts on here. I'm also glad to hear you had a good time x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome home!

I love being away visiting ... but some of the loving being away is knowing that soon I'll be home!

14. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post