july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Friday night plans

Well I'm living the high life and decorating

Busy weekend ahead of football, decorating, rugby, moving dd1
    to uni.

What are you plans for the weekend x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're going to South Africa next month for DH's nephew's wedding, and so I had set today aside to go shopping for an outfit for DD and myself. Our tube was out of action though due to the horrible incident and so I didn't go. Spent most of the day watching the news on and off. This one was a bit too close to home. Amazing bravery and professionalism yet again from our emergency services and the staff at Parsons Green station, and all tube drivers involved. Hope no one on here was affected.

Just had a yummy meal (I'm not a good cook, so happy to take credit when credit's due, lol) and have just finished a bottle of red which was a gift - we initially thought we didn't like it, but finished it anyway. Occasionally it isn't about the process, just the end result, and I am pleasantly tipsy, so good result.

Park Run tomorrow morning - probably by myself because DH is watching rugby and DD has a sore throat and a cold. She'll have to miss swimming too - annoying as she missed last week due to me getting the times mixed up. Had a couple of potential days out planned but will probably stay home as DD just needs to chill I think. We've had some really busy weekends recently.

On Sunday I'll go to my running club, week 4. It's called 'This Mum Runs' and groups are popping up all over. It's free and has a really friendly ethos - can recommend!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spending the week end getting the allotment ready for winter. Got a few more leeks to put in but then that's the end of planting for this year. Still, got lots of greens, parsnips and celeriac to come , pumpkins and squash, and sprouts for Christmas. Just hope the weather is kind forecast not brilliant.

6. Likes loocyloo, hectors house liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have a good weekend Fussy, Maza and Wizz.

I'm planning a quiet day tomorrow ... I do need to do a little food shop, and will of course be processing vast quantities of washing! I do also need to put a few ideas down on paper for this terms newsletter, but have most of it in my head already. DS & DD have homework, their jobs and instrument practice to do, and DD wants to visit flamingoland to try out the new ride that we haven't yet been on, and to feed the lorikeets. We can pop in for an hour or so, and if we're going to be there, I want to see if the baby tiger is out

Sunday DS & DH are out for the day at VW show and DD is dancing, so I shall be spending several hours sitting in either a coffee shop or my car reading BLISS ( I'd rather be reading on the sofa at home, but uninterrupted reading is a novelty )

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I travelled to Bolton tonight for a photography lecture, which was great, but the return journey took rather long as a section of the M6 was closed. So all the smaller roads were full of lorries too. But we are home now.
    Tackling the garage tomorrow which is a big job as DH is a hoarder of wood, metal,nuts, bolts,screws,tools etc...
    But until we get that emptied or at least decluttered we have no where to store moving boxes. I have completely forgotten the stair gates so will need to pop them round to the local homestart. Then all childminding equipment has been recycled to someone else.
    I had a makeover yesterday, as part of a personal shopper experience which was brilliant and I came home with a dress I would never dream of looking at usually, but I love it. So Sunday I plan to have a go at redoing the makeover by myself. This is a big feat for me, I have never used eye liner or much makeup so I think I'm going to need some practise.
    I am going to start an embroidery too, a commissioned one this time, it may lead to more so I need some time to make sure I am light fingered in my stitches.
    Hoe you all have a restful weekend alongside your busy family activities.

9. Likes loocyloo, hectors house liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you are enjoying your book looclyloo! Are you reading anything good? I'm currently reading Torvil and Dean's autobiography! I picked it up for free when I was away a while back and have only just picked it up. I'm enjoying it.

Hope the decorating is going well Fussy!

Floradora I hope the viewing/move prep is going well. The guy who lives in the flat across the landing from us is selling at the moment. Yesterday I heard the estate agent telling some viewers that the garden is communal and they were disappointed because they thought they had a their own private section, to which the agent said, no, sorry. Well she was wrong! The big front garden is communal but we all have our own decent sized gardens at the back, all fenced off from each other. She didn't even bother to show them around the back. His garden is lovely and well maintained. We dropped our neighbour a line to let him know.

Just found out that my nephew is getting married in three weeks time. My invite was literally lost in the post! They must have thought that I was so rude when I didn't rsvp. As I don't live near any of my family I haven't been part of the build up and so was totally in the dark about it all - they all just assumed I knew. His parents are divorced and so we don't have much day to day contact with them. Now in a bit of a panic about sorting out hotels and outfits at short notice. Fortunately I can still just about squeeze into the dress I wore for his brother's wedding a few years ago, but DD will need new stuff.

Twisted my ankle on yesterday's Parkrun and so I can't run today. Very annoying as I am back on my fitness/weight loss plan.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Hope you are enjoying your book looclyloo! Are you reading anything good? I'm currently reading Torvil and Dean's autobiography! I picked it up for free when I was away a while back and have only just picked it up. I'm enjoying it.

Hope the decorating is going well Fussy!

Floradora I hope the viewing/move prep is going well. The guy who lives in the flat across the landing from us is selling at the moment. Yesterday I heard the estate agent telling some viewers that the garden is communal and they were disappointed because they thought they had a their own private section, to which the agent said, no, sorry. Well she was wrong! The big front garden is communal but we all have our own decent sized gardens at the back, all fenced off from each other. She didn't even bother to show them around the back. His garden is lovely and well maintained. We dropped our neighbour a line to let him know.

Just found out that my nephew is getting married in three weeks time. My invite was literally lost in the post! They must have thought that I was so rude when I didn't rsvp. As I don't live near any of my family I haven't been part of the build up and so was totally in the dark about it all - they all just assumed I knew. His parents are divorced and so we don't have much day to day contact with them. Now in a bit of a panic about sorting out hotels and outfits at short notice. Fortunately I can still just about squeeze into the dress I wore for his brother's wedding a few years ago, but DD will need new stuff.

Twisted my ankle on yesterday's Parkrun and so I can't run today. Very annoying as I am back on my fitness/weight loss plan.
    Oh Maza, hope your ankle is better soon. What a nuisance.

I'm reading a book called 'the safe house' by Nicci French. It's a psychological thriller and it's good, but I can't quite get into it.
    I've done all my online obs and planned a few things for next week. Going to go for a walk shortly as it's a lovely sunny afternoon.

Hope everyone is having a good day x

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your ankle is feeling better Maza, I keep meaning to try the Park run - I got as far as registering and printing a barcode once but then realised that the race which was 7 miles away had already started and haven't ever got motivated and psyched up to try again - I did run the Glow in the Park charity event at Longleat last weekend although I hadn't done any training and found I struggled to walk until Tuesday!

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope all weekends went well, it certainly went quickly!
    Sorry to hear about the ankle injury Maza, hope it mends itself quickly.
    Crikey, short notice on the wedding, but I understand how it can happen, we too are not privy to the daily keep in touch meets as we live a distance - m in law was the central info point and we notice the difference since she died. Nice to look forward too though.

I am in awe of people who can run HH ...I just find it too easy to stop.

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I am in awe of people who can run HH ...I just find it too easy to stop.
    I think it was easier to keep running in the dark as you couldn't see the hills or course in front of you, just a mass of head torches showing the way - I do know the roads round Longleat like the back of my hand and was really amazed that I managed to keep running up the first hill, as it feels really long in the car - when I say "I ran it" it was probably the pace of a fast walker!

19. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post

I think it was easier to keep running in the dark as you couldn't see the hills or course in front of you, just a mass of head torches showing the way - I do know the roads round Longleat like the back of my hand and was really amazed that I managed to keep running up the first hill, as it feels really long in the car - when I say "I ran it" it was probably the pace of a fast walker!
    I am 4 days away from completing the couch to 5k. It's been quite a journey seeing although I walk alot it became apparent that I stauntered not walked.
    Was very proud of myself for jogging continuously on Saturday for 30 mins.

Maza I woukd like to do a park run it just clashes with football alot
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

21. Likes hectors house, Maza liked this post
    Jul 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Truly looking forward to a little break. I think DH and I are going to try and do dinner and movie