Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default So how are the holidays going?

Mine are going well we have walked a lot seen new parks, new cafes and lots of pokemon hunting.

Today we are going swimming and then at 530 i finish for the next 2 weeks yes cant wait

The weather reallly need to perk up though even if it just stayed dry would be a bonus as I would like to camp for a few days next week
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh, enjoy your time off Fussy.

Over a year ago I bought one of those money boxes where you have to use a can opener to get into it - stops you dipping into it. I opened it at the start of the holidays and had £105 in it (a couple of old fivers - so I have to take them to the bank at some point). It was for days out over the Summer. Well, it's well and truly gone now, but it certainly helped. We actually spent it all in Blackpool in our first week off. It's amazing how you become much more aware of the money you are spending when you have cash, rather than a card with invisible money. Annoyingly I had to buy suncream and a sunhat for DD when we were there because I forgot tot pack them and it was scorching hot on the first day. I'll definitely start the money box thing again though after these holidays, ready for next year.

Luckily there's quite a lot of free/very cheap activities organised locally. I'm loving having time to do longer arts and craft activities and movie nights without stressing too much about bedtimes. We're also doing the annual library book challenge. DD was appalled to learn that it has to be books that she reads herself, and not ones that I read to her - she's a lazy reader.

We've had a real mixed bag of weather so far this holiday.

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy the hols, catching up with hols only children, sadly said good bye to family Iv worked for for 12 years but we had a lovely treat day spending their chore money, theatre performance and meal out.
    Spent lots of time at allotment, prepping and freezing veg, cooking and eating our experiments. Made some lovely mock tails.
    Visited local parks, beaches, woods.
    Mum in law coming to stay next week so all very excited about "nanny" coming to stay, making her welcome cards and presents she loves butterfly's.
    New home made chalk board is very popular, water and sand play.
    Busy but relaxed and fun X

5. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got soaked this morning in our nature reserve, I decided to take my tripod as we have a very lovely Heron camped out on the lake and I wanted some photos of the lake at its best to show to prospective viewers of our house. I am intending to have a rolling photo presentation about the area, garden in different seasons etc...a bit like I did with children's activities for Ofsted.
    I shared the lake with two CM I didn't know, the children were having a great time in the shallow water of the brook, quite a way from me, with wellies and nets, I so wanted to join in! When the heavens opened they just carried on, they all had waterproofs, they embraced the weather...no child complained - they were obviously used to activities in all weather conditions, which you need to be living in England! A great activity.
    How my days have changed- I spent yesterday 'dressing' my bookcase in the living room for sales photos. It seems that the last thing Estate agents think you need on your bookshelves are books! " just clear off the books and put a few gaps and well positioned interesting items in that and it will look ok" we were told.
    I am slowly realising that I am different to most people - I see a wall of book cases crammed with books and think ' I want a room like that'.
    So I researched you tube for examples and some advice and set about our bookcase. Who knew how many videos are out there for 'dressing' a bookshelf!!
    I failed immediately...my books are of various colours and very few have white spines so keeping colours themed or trendy looking was not an option. Next issue was my lack of interesting items. I went around the whole house looking for things, it was so difficult. DH joined me, showing his old design skills and making a great job of three shelves...the other two are not good though but I gave up and that needs revisiting this afternoon. I moved on to one of the bathrooms...decluttering it of anything bathroom linked and useful and adding a big vase that serves no purpose what so ever..but it does look spa like now. I noticed this morning that DH 's razor and toothbrush has migrated back out though. So I have made him a big space to keep them in the bathroom under sink drawer. All this is so that I don't have to tackle the toys in the den that are still causing me an issue!
    To keep or not to keep....

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The weather has been pretty mixed here. I have been lucky so far as a lot of my mindees have had various days off over the last 2 weeks so haven't had to work a full week yet but that's about to change next week when everyone is back to normal. Hoping the weather may improve just a bit as I live close to the beach and we actually haven't had a beach day yet this summer.
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mixed weather here too but we have been out everyday over the past two weeks and having lots of fresh air and exercise as well as fun. Went to local garden centre this morning and wanted to play crazy golf but rain stopped play so we came home and will try later. I have 3 very giggly girls here today so need to keep them busy. Have a good day everyone