Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning!

Hello!

hope everyone had a lovely weekend and is looking forward to this week.

I have got such a chaotic week with my own children needing to do 101 things, in 101 different places, and then assorted mindees doing different things at different times, plus a schoolie about to leave for high school who is very emotional ( been with me over 5 years )!

added to the mix, the humidity and end of term tiredness and it is joyous!

have fun everyone

xxx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Hello!

I have got such a chaotic week with my own children needing to do 101 things, in 101 different places, and then assorted mindees doing different things at different times, plus a schoolie about to leave for high school who is very emotional ( been with me over 5 years )!

have fun everyone

xxx
    Strangely I have quite a calm week which I am looking very much too. Only one busy after school night (touching wood fingers crossed)

The little ones are happily playing with the till and play food. Lots of communication on learning new food - I love the fact black pudding is actually a play food.

It's a bit miserable here today with the rain however it's still very warm which does seem to make everyone a little bleurgh but only 9 days to go before the end of term.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Hello!

have fun everyone

xxx
    Busy week here too. I have a visit to a LO's nursery to speak to his key worker, childminding group, my DS doing settling in session at school and DD's sports day. And my DH is going away on Wednesday for over a week.

The weather is muggy and reasonably sunny but should get some rain the rest of the week.

Hope you all have a good week.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This week is looking like being quite quiet for me. It's about time really. Life has been manic for weeks so I could do with an easier few days.

The humidity this morning was awful but it's turning out to be much more bearable this afternoon. Once the children are awake we'll head into the garden and hopefully spend the rest of the day there

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone. Last week and this week are a bit muddled for me. With some having things after school and not coming to parents going away so children coming at different times with grandparents dropping off. I don't know if I'm coming or going!!! But had a lovely weekend with a day hampton court flower show yesterday with DD2. Very warm here again today. Registering 28 on the thermometer in the shade.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ellisha, I hope the settling in sessions for your son went well.

I'm not working Thur/Fri so I'm finally taking DD to Blackpool for a couple of nights. I've been meaning to do it for years (we used to go for a week for our Summer holiday in the 70s and 80s)! I've not been for years and I am excited. She's never really experienced the British seaside. By amazing coincidence my mum is going to be there on the same weekend for an 80th birthday party and so we will be able to meet up with her a couple of times too.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

I'm not working Thur/Fri so I'm finally taking DD to Blackpool for a couple of nights. I've been meaning to do it for years (we used to go for a week for our Summer holiday in the 70s and 80s)! I've not been for years and I am excited. She's never really experienced the British seaside. By amazing coincidence my mum is going to be there on the same weekend for an 80th birthday party and so we will be able to meet up with her a couple of times too.
    oooo, enjoy Blackpool!

it's on my list of places to go! ( I really want to see 'Funny Girls' - the burlesque/drag show. DH REALLY doesn't! - I'm going to have to take my mum as its not for children! )

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Enjoy Blackpool. I love Blackpool I love the piers the fish and chips the doughnuts the amusements seeing my ds excitedly bounce when he is playing on the horse racing games and the amusement arcade. The machines which have been there since I was a child.
    It's just a shame you can no longer just walk around the pleasure beach.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Enjoy Blackpool. I love Blackpool I love the piers the fish and chips the doughnuts the amusements seeing my ds excitedly bounce when he is playing on the horse racing games and the amusement arcade. The machines which have been there since I was a child.
    It's just a shame you can no longer just walk around the pleasure beach.

What do you mean? Do you mean that you have to pay to get in regardless of whether or not you go on any rides?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes you can't just go and wander around anymore:-(

Well you couldn't last year:-(

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes you can't just go and wander around anymore:-(

Well you couldn't last year:-(
    It's £6 per person for a pleasure beach pass which lets you walk around just I'm too mean to pay it 😂😂😂

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just checked the website. Wow! We're staying near the Pleasure Beach and I though we would pop in a couple of times - but that's not going to happen! Looks like wristbands bought online is the cheapest option.

At least the piers are still free to just get on. It is forecast rain for some of the time and so I thought we would pop into the Sandcastle water park but that's expensive too. Not checked out the cost of the tower yet. Or the horse and carriage ride (not doing the Cinderella one).

I know it's tacky there but I think the sights, sounds and smells will take me right back to my childhood holidays. Can't wait.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DH used to go to Blackpool as a child....his parents went there for their honeymoon.
    We have completed many a reminiscing trip! I have yet to be there when the sea is in though. I saw many 'Milk Race' finishes in the North Shore.
    I must admit I am happier in the sedate Lytham StAnne's area.

I'm sure it will be good weekend away, the water park looks good.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    DH used to go to Blackpool as a child....his parents went there for their honeymoon.
    We have completed many a reminiscing trip! I have yet to be there when the sea is in though. I saw many 'Milk Race' finishes in the North Shore.
    I must admit I am happier in the sedate Lytham StAnne's area.

I'm sure it will be good weekend away, the water park looks good.
    Oh me too! However, sometimes it's just got to be done!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just checked the website. Wow! We're staying near the Pleasure Beach and I though we would pop in a couple of times - but that's not going to happen! Looks like wristbands bought online is the cheapest option.

At least the piers are still free to just get on. It is forecast rain for some of the time and so I thought we would pop into the Sandcastle water park but that's expensive too. Not checked out the cost of the tower yet. Or the horse and carriage ride (not doing the Cinderella one).

I know it's tacky there but I think the sights, sounds and smells will take me right back to my childhood holidays. Can't wait.
    I so now want to go this weekend. Last time we went me brother told me to seek out one particular arcade game and ask if he could buy it and ship it to Australia. Couldn't find it buy we loved that game as children

22. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I so now want to go this weekend. Last time we went me brother told me to seek out one particular arcade game and ask if he could buy it and ship it to Australia. Couldn't find it buy we loved that game as children
    Yes, I'm even looking forward to the arcades! I don't love them but it's all part of the experience and nostalgia! We read a story a while ago and it compared something to a stick of rock with the words running right through it, no matter where you bite it. DD didn't know what a stick of rock was, and so I've been wanting to do a seaside holiday with her since then. We've just been washing out some huge yogurt tubs from the recycling bin to use as buckets- I can't be bothered carrying our buckets and spades on the train, and after looking at the prices of everything else I can't be buying a bucket when we're there! That used to be a ritual on the first day of our holiday, and then we would choose sticks of rock for all our friends back home.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'm even looking forward to the arcades! I don't love them but it's all part of the experience and nostalgia! We read a story a while ago and it compared something to a stick of rock with the words running right through it, no matter where you bite it. DD didn't know what a stick of rock was, and so I've been wanting to do a seaside holiday with her since then. We've just been washing out some huge yogurt tubs from the recycling bin to use as buckets- I can't be bothered carrying our buckets and spades on the train, and after looking at the prices of everything else I can't be buying a bucket when we're there! That used to be a ritual on the first day of our holiday, and then we would choose sticks of rock for all our friends back home.
    This thread is making me nostalgic! I'm a South coast girl so remember Weymouth, Bournemouth, etc. I vaguely remember going to Blackpool once and it really was magical! Hope you enjoy.

25. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we're back from Blackpool and we had a fantastic time. We managed to use Tesco clubcard points to get a huge discount on Pleasure Beach tickets.

As well as doing a lot of the main tourist attractions, we also went to the Solaris Centre - which I have never been to before. Our hotel overlooked it and so we popped over at 7 one evening after dinner. Some brownies were doing a pond dipping session there and invited us to join in as some of their group hadn't turned up. It's a lovely little spot with a really nice café - a great change to the zillion chippies along the sea front. Don't get me wrong - I love my chips and mushy peas, but not every day!

I found the locals really warm and friendly, I've missed that.

27. Likes FloraDora liked this post