Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Another lovely day

Sand and water play was the order of the day. Though I still wonder how sand manages to get into nappies if they haven't sat in it

It's got up to 71f wonder if it will get much hotter however the breeze is welcome today.

But the question is will the thunderstorm come?

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely day here too, not to hot just right so we are enjoying lots of water play in the garden, we don't have any sand at the moment as the local supermarket where I normally buy it hasn't had any for the last couple of weeks .

Enjoy the sunshine everyone x
    Pixie Dust

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hot in the midlands today.
    Went for a walk in the RSPB woods with LO who heard every plane, high up, only just in my earshot, but not loud bird song...really interesting. Lovely and cool then whoosh...heat on exiting (28) .....thank goodness for air con in the car!
    Napping now and I think we will play with water in our science tray in the cool kitchen on wake up ....too hot in the garden for LO's now. Our house is lovely and cool at the moment. I might have a final garden shade read when he goes home as it looks like today will be the last day of the summer.
    They are saying it hasn't been this hot since 1976... I was at Uni, I had planned to work the summer in a Jersey hotel and join friends who had had a gap year in Europe and ended up there, I had starved myself for weeks in order to afford the flight.... .then I came down with glandular fever...in the heat...it was not pleasant, I just thought at first it was the heat but when my throats was swollen I went to a doctors and fell asleep in the surgery....and again on the bus home, missing my stop and crying as I walked the mile back to Uni.
    It was classed as an infectious disease and I wasn't allowed to go on the plane...I had plans to recover there before my job started....so home I went and whilst others played I was ill in bed the whole summer ...the then recent boyfriend drove me home in his open topped sports car, petrified he would catch it, hoping the wind would blow it away in the two hour journey I think...I never saw him again!
    I didn't actually recover in time to Start the new term and only joined Uni again in October.....not sure what I would have done if I had actually gone to Jersey!
    So - 1976 heatwave brings back memories of missing it, glad I have been able to enjoy it this year. In 1976 I was at the start of my training for my lifelong career - in 2017 I am retiring completely from it.....it really only seems like yesterday.

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Goodness Flora, what a time.

It was cool and overcast here all morning, played outside and then big rain storms ... But no thunder or lightening!

Now it's clear blue sky and hot and humid!

X

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love your stories Floradora! You can't retire from the forum...

Our house is soooo hot. DH has been taking DD to the air conditioned gym to do her homework after school and they have both loved it. Lucky for me, it's very close to where I work and so I got a lift home from work on Monday and Tuesday - saving me from the walk which is all uphill.

A bat flew in through one of our windows last night and was whizzing all over the place. I was totally freaked out but DH took it all in his stride having grown up on a farm in South Africa where it was a common occurrence. I barricaded myself in the lounge whilst he took a video of it for DD and then managed to get it out of the bedroom window. DD was furious that we hadn't woken her up so that she could see it for herself. She was gutted last month when a local bat walk was cancelled the night before we were due to go on it.

At the weekend we were packing our bags to go on a nature walk and I asked DD to get her hat and pack it in my rucksack. It was so early in the morning (6am start) that she didn't actually need her hat when we were out. A good job too, because when I was unpacking I saw that she had put her woolly bobble hat in the bag! Apparently I should have been more specific and said sun hat or cap!

7. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I love your stories Floradora! You can't retire from the forum...

Our house is soooo hot. DH has been taking DD to the air conditioned gym to do her homework after school and they have both loved it. Lucky for me, it's very close to where I work and so I got a lift home from work on Monday and Tuesday - saving me from the walk which is all uphill.

A bat flew in through one of our windows last night and was whizzing all over the place. I was totally freaked out but DH took it all in his stride having grown up on a farm in South Africa where it was a common occurrence. I barricaded myself in the lounge whilst he took a video of it for DD and then managed to get it out of the bedroom window. DD was furious that we hadn't woken her up so that she could see it for herself. She was gutted last month when a local bat walk was cancelled the night before we were due to go on it.

At the weekend we were packing our bags to go on a nature walk and I asked DD to get her hat and pack it in my rucksack. It was so early in the morning (6am start) that she didn't actually need her hat when we were out. A good job too, because when I was unpacking I saw that she had put her woolly bobble hat in the bag! Apparently I should have been more specific and said sun hat or cap!
    I sometimes reminisce too much - I know!
    I am thinking of doing a blog/ vlog about our retirement adventure...if only to give me something to write, we can't make any decisions so it will be the most uninteresting adventure of all time at the moment.
    I love the bat story...DH loves bats too , I can't imagine the quick movement in my living room! I duck in the garden.

We have insulated our house really well over the years, it's cool in the summer and warm in the winter....we have talked lots this week about not finding a home with our standards...but then we are moving to the North so weather like this will be rare...on the 1976-2017 history we will be long gone before the next one...but global warming might advance this?.

34c in London though...that's hot to be working in. My oldest in Brighton has said , even with their sea breeze, it's been whopping hot...and they live in a flat with no outside space.. they are looking at a property tonight to upgrade though....with No Parking .DH will not be happy, visiting has always been stressful on the parking but this time it is actual double yellow lines ( I haven't told him). We take drives, cul de sac parking as expected here...it's the one thing that causes him palpations......oldest will happily park a mile away from his home - but this time he will have a garden which is a plus.
    Cool weather tomorrow...back to our nature reserve and hopefully not having to apply suncream on LO's...which is my main stress at the moment.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking of doing a blog/ vlog about our retirement adventure...if only to give me something to write, we can't make any decisions so it will be the most uninteresting adventure of all time at the moment
    That's a great idea, I love reading your posts and always think what lovely experiences you provide for your little ones and your family life sounds such fun ! I would love to read about your retirement adventures !
    Pixie Dust