oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

We have eaten far too much chocolate ;0)

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Easter to everyone!

We had the usual dilemma this morning of how to hide the eggs in the garden without DD noticing - it's not something you can set up the night before is it?

Then DD and I went on a Georgian chocolate making workshop at an old local palace - it was lovely and really interesting. Then DH met up with us and we did lots of arts and crafts in the grounds. I made a yummy roast - 'yummy' is not a guarantee when it comes to my cooking to say the least, so happy days.

Just polished off a nice bottle of red and am off to read chapter 1 of the 6th Harry Potter to DD. We finished book 5 yesterday and then watched the film last night. I've read all the books before but am loving reading them again, especially as this time round I don't have to wait a year for the next one to be written. The films are still pretty naff though.

5. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Happy Easter to everyone!

We had the usual dilemma this morning of how to hide the eggs in the garden without DD noticing - it's not something you can set up the night before is it?

Then DD and I went on a Georgian chocolate making workshop at an old local palace - it was lovely and really interesting. Then DH met up with us and we did lots of arts and crafts in the grounds. I made a yummy roast - 'yummy' is not a guarantee when it comes to my cooking to say the least, so happy days.

Just polished off a nice bottle of red and am off to read chapter 1 of the 6th Harry Potter to DD. We finished book 5 yesterday and then watched the film last night. I've read all the books before but am loving reading them again, especially as this time round I don't have to wait a year for the next one to be written. The films are still pretty naff though.
    Happy Easter to everyone.

We had my niece's birthday party today. My kids came home very tired and with mountains of chocolate. We need to have a quiet day tomorrow as they are back to school on Tuesday.

I'm looking forward to reading the Harry Potter books to DD when she's a bit older. Although I've never read them myself so maybe I should get a head start!

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Easter we had a very quiet Sunday but it was nice not to be running about
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fab Easter here. Lie-ins, all my boys, time to potter, time to sit and read, wine, lovely food that I spent longer preparing as my boys appreciated it and it's lovely to have hungry boys to feed, chocolate (but I've put 5 pounds on!) and oh my boys - one going back tonight and the other at the weekend as both have Uni exams. Am feeling blessed.

11. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like bliss BallyH! How many boys do you have?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had our usual manic day yesterday with all the children and partners here. Despite them all being grown up now, they still expect an Easter sweet hunt round the garden. Despite the drizzle I went out and hid almost 300 things in the garden. Well, when I say hide, I tend to stand in the middle of the garden and throw things around! Everyone gets a list of what they have to find and there's a competition to see who completes their list first. We did really well yesterday and only lost 1 tiny egg and 1 sherbet straw. We lose something most years and I often wonder if the squirrels run off with them!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    That sounds like bliss BallyH! How many boys do you have?
    three plus DH.

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    We had our usual manic day yesterday with all the children and partners here. Despite them all being grown up now, they still expect an Easter sweet hunt round the garden. Despite the drizzle I went out and hid almost 300 things in the garden. Well, when I say hide, I tend to stand in the middle of the garden and throw things around! Everyone gets a list of what they have to find and there's a competition to see who completes their list first. We did really well yesterday and only lost 1 tiny egg and 1 sherbet straw. We lose something most years and I often wonder if the squirrels run off with them!
    Isn't it wonderful they still want to do the sweet hunt. Do you find the lost items later in the year under a pile of leaves etc?