Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Good morning

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning

I hope everyone is well.

It looks like the day is at least going to be dry.

I have a much quieter start week as one is on holiday which after the manic weekend is welcomed. A 7 hour day for one game of 50 minutes football is excessive especially it was the a place with no shop to get a drink.

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh goodness Fussy, that doesn't sound like much fun.

I spent my weekend sitting in a darkened theatre watching ( what seemed like ) thousands of children dance assorted dances! DD did well, with a 1st place and a 4th place in sections with 20-30 dancers in each. I could now do with sitting in a darkened room on my own! ( but at least there was a café selling tea and bacon rolls, and a tuck shop selling sweets! )

I'm rushing around getting all the jobs done that didn't get done this weekend, as although DH is very good, and I left a list of things that needed doing ... some things didn't get done and I also need to prepare for this week workwise. it is my day off, and although I usually go into school, I'm not today as DD has an exam ( just to finish off my crazy weekend! )

Have a good week everyone

x

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I hope everyone is well.

It looks like the day is at least going to be dry.

I have a much quieter start week as one is on holiday which after the manic weekend is welcomed. A 7 hour day for one game of 50 minutes football is excessive especially it was the a place with no shop to get a drink.

Have a good day everyone
    Wow, sounds like a busy weekend. Hope you get to relax a bit today! We had a lovely chilled out weekend - we popped to RHS Wisley which is near us and the kids had a run around.

Looking forward to getting out today, probably to a large playground near us that has lots of trees, sticks and mud! Have a good week.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a later start this morning so I'm enjoying a cuppa in peace before the madness starts.

The weather looks promising, so I think we'll head to the park this morning (when it's normally quite quiet) then into the garden this afternoon. The outdoor toys could do with a good clean so I'll be giving the children brushes and soapy water and letting them get on with it

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!! Suns out here in Kent but not looking good weather overall this week. Up early this morning after a busy weekend and started my early morning walks again today. Really nice start to the day. Let's see if I do it tomorrow if it's raining. Have a good day everyone

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all. Have spent the morning at the park in the sunshine with my shades on and wrapped up as it's still very cold. Looking forward to this heat wave they're promising me on Wednesday. Take care everyone.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have spent the morning with a possible supervisor of my PhD. Gosh it was hard work! Justifying my proposal was harder than I thought. I think I made an impact though. Problem now is that they didn't! I was being steered down a track I wasn't so keen on and have had to alter my draft proposal to take this route in to account. On the way home I thought if they said ok I would go with it, but now I'm thinking that I would rather hold out for a supervisor that was behind my proposal....dilemmas. Also now we've decided to move I may be better choosing another University....but that's another bag of nails, one I am not up for deciding upon at the moment.....so back to deciding Mother's Day card skills and sorting the garden a little more for open ended play in case the sunshine does appear for more than one day at a time.
    Much nicer afternoon than morning, I love planning childminding activities.
    I was so glad that I had boys as my sisters life, with her girls was around dancing and sequins which was not my scene, until rugby and football tournaments came round on cold wet days in the middle of nowhere and cricket matches, which last all day, were on cold damp Summer Saturday's. It was on those days that I longed for a comfy seat indoors watching dance competitions.
    Now I miss it and am often found watching a local game on our nearby pitch...I get drawn in as I walk past....and I don't know any of the players!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I have spent the morning with a possible supervisor of my PhD. Gosh it was hard work! Justifying my proposal was harder than I thought. I think I made an impact though. Problem now is that they didn't! I was being steered down a track I wasn't so keen on and have had to alter my draft proposal to take this route in to account. On the way home I thought if they said ok I would go with it, but now I'm thinking that I would rather hold out for a supervisor that was behind my proposal....dilemmas. Also now we've decided to move I may be better choosing another University....but that's another bag of nails, one I am not up for deciding upon at the moment.....so back to deciding Mother's Day card skills and sorting the garden a little more for open ended play in case the sunshine does appear for more than one day at a time.
    Much nicer afternoon than morning, I love planning childminding activities.
    I was so glad that I had boys as my sisters life, with her girls was around dancing and sequins which was not my scene, until rugby and football tournaments came round on cold wet days in the middle of nowhere and cricket matches, which last all day, were on cold damp Summer Saturday's. It was on those days that I longed for a comfy seat indoors watching dance competitions.
    Now I miss it and am often found watching a local game on our nearby pitch...I get drawn in as I walk past....and I don't know any of the players!
    Ah FloraDora today I felt nostalgic when grandparents dropped off a Lo and said it was mum's 30th birthday today. I replied 'oh I wish I was 30 again' with my 2.5 & 6month old sons. It gave me a warm fuzzy tummy but also questioned 'where have the last 20 years gone?'.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Fussy that sounds gruelling. Why was there such a lot of waiting around? It's my big bugbear with extra-curricular clubs, but yours is way more extreme than most club experiences I have had.

I was really excited today as I was timetabled to go in the outside area in reception at school Normally I'm indoors, which is lovely too, but I was looking forward to the change and also modelling some teaching strategies to the TAs who were also timetabled to be out there. They are lovely but aren't early years trained and so bless them, just think that the more 'stuff' the better and let the kids just get on with it. At the last minute there was a timetable change and I was put back inside. Oh well.

The change of season seems to have brought minor allergies along with it as usual. DD is suffering with terrible post nasal drip. Drs appointment on Thursday. They don't really take it seriously as it doesn't bother her, but it is really quite an unsociable (not sure that's the right word) thing to suffer with. I'm hoping they will take it more seriously this time.

Ohh Floradora, what dilemma. I think I would also be tempted to wait for someone who is behind the original proposal. Would it be hard to switch to someone new?

12. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh Fussy that sounds gruelling. Why was there such a lot of waiting around?
    It's the traveling. Our local fa decided to extend to extend the girls borders so now we have to travel which is okay when dh is about but when I have to use public transport. It takes 2 buses which is an hour and half just to get to where the football manager lives and then a hour journey to get to the game.

Unfortunately we went to extra time as well. The manager actually brought us home else it would have been a longer day.

I really need to learn how to drive maybe it should become a priority even if it's just for the weekends.

Flora I agree if you heart isn't in the direction they are sending you then maybe it's best to wait for someone who can see the direction you want to go
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

15 years ago my daughter was a very good Cross Country runner - we used to think nothing of driving 3.5 hours each way to Liverpool for a race that lasted all of 20 minutes!

16. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the same HH , ds1 was a hurdler , competitions as far away as bristol , newcastle or once guernsey - for a race lasting seconds!!!
    Now with ds3 its football , i have to be at a ground over an hour away by 9am on saturday , so no wine o clock for me this friday!!

18. Likes Maza liked this post