Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default A very wet Friday here

Its very wet and miserable here. I have all 3 mindees here but am waiting on a delivery so Dan will be here in approx 30 minutes to wake them up

Its the new nintendo switch console now do i let the children know we have it when getting them from school or do I pretend its not come until all the mindees have gone home

Bust weekend here dd1 has an applicant day at one of her chosen universities, Dd2 has football so because of dd1 and dh being away means I have to take ds2 with me. Should be interesting he hasnt had to come on one of our girlie football excursions before when we have to use public transport.

Ds2 has his football Sunday and ds1 has a cadet day at a local activity centre on Sunday.

On Saturday I going to a friends house to watch bridget jones baby as apparantly Im one of the few people not to have seen. Not seen the other 2 either but that doesnt matter

have a good weekend everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a busy weekend. Let's hope the weather picks up so you're not standing in the rain for football.

It's wet and grey here today. I'm fed up of it now. I'd like some warm, sunny days please

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Was very wet this morning but it's cleared up this afternoon. I'm out with an friend for dinner tonight and out with DP and his son and daughter in law for dinner tomorrow and then all the family are coming for dinner on Sunday so it's quite a good fest this weekend for me. Must get some flower seeds sown this weekend too. The weekend is just not long enough. Have a good weekend everyone

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Fussy I haven't seen that movie either. Let us know if I is as funny as the rest of the world says it is!

Today I went to get some big plastic lidded boxes so that I can sort some cupboards out once and for all. Made a half decent start too.

Tomorrow hopefully doing park run if it isn't chucking it down. Then I have to go to the local theatre to pick up tickets for DD's school show. On Sunday we have our monthly nature club, which is either brilliant or a flop (depending on who the guest speaker is). This months theme is mammal tracks. It's been so rainy though, and more forecast that I'm not sure how successful it will be.

Popped into Smiggle today and they had a good sale on and so I got some bits for my stash - emergency birthday/visiting gifts or, if they last that long then stocking fillers. Feel good with a stash!

I've got lots of stuff out of storage too in the hope that DD will use it up to make space - hama beads, aqua beads, doh vinci stuff, origami kits etc.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow Fussy, I'm exhausted just reading about your weekend plans!
    It has rained all day here so only able to pop out in the garden for some brief fresh air. We do have wet weather gear but only two under 2's today, both with colds, so decided to stay in and they were great ...we had a big drumming session instead.
    I jarred my back painting a pine bed last Sunday ( really cross because I should have known better in the angle I was attempting to paint at - I have never had a back problem before!) so have been pathetically moaning on every crouch/ sit down and stand up, now I have a cold starting too , so annoying because we saw Elbow last night at a very cosy O2 Acadamy in Birmingham. It was great but I so ached!! Guy Garvey is such a wonderful showman.
    The bedroom looks great, though a little bland, but if I want to sell up next year we have to keep colours neutral - this weekend's plan is to jazz up the decor with accessories, if I have the energy.
    At least if I decide to ' take to my bed' it will be in a lovely room.
    I am impressed with being organised Maza, with plastic boxes. I had never heard of Smiggle so looked it up - what a great little shop it must be to browse around.
    Update after two phone calls: both son's are applying for new jobs, wonderful, career movement, extra cash etc... but " I'll just email you my cv mum" means two cv's to look at and discuss and help upgrade now this weekend....you are always there for your children, even when they are grown up. You'd think they could co ordinate their job applications though!
    On the whole mum thing I have just read a great book :
    Happy Mum, Happy Baby: My adventures into motherhood eBook: Giovanna Fletcher: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store
    It's a really honest account of motherhood by Giovanna Fletcher, a you tube blogger I like to follow. It's number one now on Amazon. I feel it's an excellent book to share as it as about not being a perfect parent, parent fails, parent lows and highs.....a normal parent really. I've lent it to one of my parent's tonight.
    Last edited by FloraDora; 03-03-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    It has rained all day here so only able to pop out in the garden for some brief fresh air. We do have wet weather gear but only two under 2's today, both with colds, so decided to stay in and they were great ...we had a big drumming session instead.
    I jarred my back painting a pine bed last Sunday ( really cross because I should have known better in the angle I was attempting to paint at - I have never had a back problem before!) so have been pathetically moaning on every crouch/ sit down and stand up, now I have a cold starting too , so annoying because we saw Elbow last night at a very cosy O2 Acadamy in Birmingham. It was great but I so ached!! Guy Garvey is such a wonderful showman.
    The bedroom looks great, though a little bland, but if I want to sell up next year we have to keep colours neutral - this weekend's plan is to jazz up the decor with accessories, if I have the energy.
    I am impressed with being organised Maza, with plastic boxes. I had never heard of Smiggle so looked it up - what a great little shop it must be to browse around.
    Update after two phone calls: both son's are applying for new jobs, wonderful, career movement, extra cash etc... but " I'll just email you my cv mum" means two cv's to look at and discuss and help upgrade now this weekend....you are always there for your children, even when they are grown up. You'd think they could co ordinate their job applications though!
    Happy Mum, Happy Baby: My adventures into motherhood eBook: Giovanna Fletcher: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store
    It's a really honest account of motherhood by Giovanna Fletcher, a you tube blogger I like to follow. It's number one now on Amazon. I feel it's an excellent book to share as it as about not being a perfect parent, parent fails, parent lows and highs.....a normal parent really. I've lent it to one of my parent's tonight.
    Aw that's lovely your boys still want you to read over their CVs FD :-) How old are they both? It sounds like you have a lovely close relationship with them both :-)
    I apologise in advance for this next bit, a bit of a rant(!!) -
    Oh goodness re Giovanna Fletchhr though! I find her THE most nauseating woman of modern times. I feel she speaks and acts like the only woman in her 30's to EVER have given birth and raised children, she has saddled her kids with THE most ridiculous pretentious names (personal taste i know), how she thinks she is qualified to tell other people about motherhood i just don't know. I feel this is such a modern "thing" (cant think of the word after a few wines!!) with all these mummy bloggers, they do annoy me!!
    I would be interested to hear what your sons and partners feel about her as the younger generation.
    That said though, I am now weirdly VERY interested to hear what she has to say, purely to see if I disagree with it as much as i think i would or whether i find it as nauseating as i feel i would!

7. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel a bit guilty about investing in more plastic. However we had a problem with moths last year - ruined quite a few of our clothes. I have recently found quite a few moths flying around again and whilst having a clear last week I found a couple of bugs in a cotton storage bag and one in a cardboard box. So, I am gradually transferring everything to air tight lidded plastic boxes.

Smiggle is a fab shop - totally overpriced but I have learnt that they have fabulous offers throughout the year, so I rarely buy anything at full price - just like Gap and Mini Boden.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Its very wet and miserable here. I have all 3 mindees here but am waiting on a delivery so Dan will be here in approx 30 minutes to wake them up

Its the new nintendo switch console now do i let the children know we have it when getting them from school or do I pretend its not come until all the mindees have gone home

Bust weekend here dd1 has an applicant day at one of her chosen universities, Dd2 has football so because of dd1 and dh being away means I have to take ds2 with me. Should be interesting he hasnt had to come on one of our girlie football excursions before when we have to use public transport.

Ds2 has his football Sunday and ds1 has a cadet day at a local activity centre on Sunday.

On Saturday I going to a friends house to watch bridget jones baby as apparantly Im one of the few people not to have seen. Not seen the other 2 either but that doesnt matter

have a good weekend everyone
    Hi everyone!

Fussy ... i haven't seen it either! I saw the others and am not bothered about this one.

Nice day today ... spent the morning at the sealife centre with blue skies and then drove home in pouring rain ... and then it has rained non stop! I walked the school run in the rain as 2 LOs in a buggy kept drier than getting in and out of the car/buggy etc!

Busy weekend (as usual!) ... DD has a dance competition all weekend and DS has a band concert and football match.

Oooo...Smiggle ... DD loved it, but when we last went in, she decided it was exorbitant and a bit rubbish! I do like a wander around myself :0)

I can't stand Giovanna Fletcher or any know it all celeb mum either! They really bug me :0)

Have a good weekend everyone x
    Last edited by loocyloo; 03-03-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Aw that's lovely your boys still want you to read over their CVs FD :-) How old are they both? It sounds like you have a lovely close relationship with them both :-)
    Oh goodness re Giovanna Fletchhr though! I find her THE most nauseating woman of modern times. I feel she speaks and acts like the only woman in her 30's to EVER have given birth and raised children, she has saddled her kids with THE most ridiculous pretentious names (personal taste i know), how she thinks she is qualified to tell other people about motherhood i just don't know. I feel this is such a modern "thing" (cant think of the word after a few wines!!) with all these mummy bloggers, they do annoy me!!
    I would be interested to hear what your sons and partners feel about her as the younger generation.
    That said though, I am now weirdly VERY interested to hear what she has to say, purely to see if I disagree with it as much as i think i would or whether i find it as nauseating as i feel i would!
    I agree with you totally on this. There is nothing worse than 'celebrity' parents who suddenly become experts on all things baby within the first week of giving birth!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

I feel a bit guilty about investing in more plastic. However we had a problem with moths last year - ruined quite a few of our clothes. I have recently found quite a few moths flying around again and whilst having a clear last week I found a couple of bugs in a cotton storage bag and one in a cardboard box. So, I am gradually transferring everything to air tight lidded plastic boxes.

Smiggle is a fab shop - totally overpriced but I have learnt that they have fabulous offers throughout the year, so I rarely buy anything at full price - just like Gap and Mini Boden.
    Smiggle is every girls dream shop but it's the adults who cries when they visit.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I agree with you totally on this. There is nothing worse than 'celebrity' parents who suddenly become experts on all things baby within the first week of giving birth!
    This is a HUGE bugbear of mine.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Smiggle is every girls dream shop but it's the adults who cries when they visit.
    Luckily my daughter was just a bit too old for Smiggle by the time we had one open here. After I'd seen the prices I was pretty glad!

Now one of her favourite shops is Tiger - much more cheap & cheerful

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Now ... i do love Tiger but sadly we don't have one anywhere near us! It's a 'treat' for when we head south :0)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Luckily my daughter was just a bit too old for Smiggle by the time we had one open here. After I'd seen the prices I was pretty glad!

It's only been open since before Christmas here £3,50 for a pen I nearly had a breakdown. But dd2 loves it.
    Now tiger I could do with opening up

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not sure what 'FD' means?
    They want me to look over their CV's because, having been the equivalent of a CEO then they value my vast experience of reading CV's and expertise and are not arrogant enough to not seek advice from their parents....which ( from a biased point of view) I think is a good quality. Thank you, we do have a great relationship which is lovely because as a new mum a long, long time ago it was one of the things I wished for.
    I take on board what you think about Giovanna Fletcher, but she does say she is not an expert, she has never set herself up as an expert, if you read the book you will see she is just writing about her own experience.
    Interestingly, both lads and partners laughed at my interest in following a ' boy band' member and his wife...and sister - Tom Fletcher from McFly, not the music that has ever been played in our house....but they have come on board now, because they agree Tom, Carrie and Giovanna just talk about their life, no preaching, no hidden agendas( totally up front on sponsorship) and just talking about their life, they come from ordinary working class backgrounds and I personally feel an affinity there. All bloggers are at risk of getting negative feedback, it depends on where you come from, what you believe in and your point of view...I am not advocating Giovanna as the guru of motherhood, just a non dictatorship/ guidance person who is willing to share their highs and lows of life/ motherhood publically.....take from it what you want...it is just a sign post of something I found refreshing and interesting.
    Ps, my parent mum has just text me and said she has read two chapters and is hooked...

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They want me to look over their CV's because, having been the equivalent of a CEO then they value my vast experience of reading CV's and expertise and are not arrogant enough to not seek advice from their parents....which ( from a biased point of view) I think is a good quality. Thank you, we do have a great relationship which is lovely because as a new mum a long, long time ago it was one of the things I wished for.
    I take on board what you think about Giovanna Fletcher, but she does say she is not an expert, she has never set herself up as an expert, if you read the book you will see she is just writing about her own experience.
    Interestingly, both lads and partners laughed at my interest in following a ' boy band' member and his wife...and sister - Tom Fletcher from McFly, not the music that has ever been played in our house....but they have come on board now, because they agree Tom, Carrie and Giovanna just talk about their life, no preaching, no hidden agendas( totally up front on sponsorship) and just talking about their life, they come from ordinary working class backgrounds and I personally feel an affinity there. All bloggers are at risk of getting negative feedback, it depends on where you come from, what you believe in and your point of view...I am not advocating Giovanna as the guru of motherhood, just a non dictatorship/ guidance person who is willing to share their highs and lows of life/ motherhood publically.....take from it what you want...it is just a sign post of something I found refreshing and interesting.
    Ps, my parent mum has just text me and said she has read two chapters and is hooked...
    I'm guessing FD means Floradora!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that's me being lazy! FD=FloraDora!
    It was an absolutely genuine comment regarding your boys wanting you to read through their CV's and I was going to add just that - that being a new mum it is a relationship that i absolutely aspire to
    I love a good signpost, I am always interested in what others are reading and finding interesting and, as I say, I think i am now tempted to purchase a copy purely to see what she has to say! I think its lovely you shared the book with the parent and great that she is enjoying it too. I am interested now...i'll keep you posted as to whether i buy a copy! :-)

20. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that's me being lazy! FD=FloraDora!
    It was an absolutely genuine comment regarding your boys wanting you to read through their CV's and I was going to add just that - that being a new mum it is a relationship that i absolutely aspire to
    I love a good signpost, I am always interested in what others are reading and finding interesting and, as I say, I think i am now tempted to purchase a copy purely to see what she has to say! I think its lovely you shared the book with the parent and great that she is enjoying it too. I am interested now...i'll keep you posted as to whether i buy a copy! :-)
    I had to have a quick google to see what she had called her sons!

See if you can order a copy from the library - save your pennies.