What a difference a day makes
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    7,013
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default What a difference a day makes

    Who can believe that the storm that was battering the country yesterday has even replaced by a lovely spring day.

    Spent a lovely morning at the park and had dinner at the cafe there.

    Home one lo fell asleep so we sat and watched a film. Nice early finish set all the children on to tidy up and hopefully going to see lego batman later.

    All in all a nice end to the half term
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,329
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It was lovely here too. I'm loving spotting all the random spring flowers popping up everywhere. We have several big plum trees in our garden and the early blossom always attracts different birds. This morning the one outside our bedroom window was full of goldfinches. Beautiful.

    This afternoon, the little dog that lives downstairs made full use of the fence having been blown over, much to DD's delight. They played for ages together in our garden after school and for the first time ever I was almost dog broody.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,893
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Who can believe that the storm that was battering the country yesterday has even replaced by a lovely spring day.

    Spent a lovely morning at the park and had dinner at the cafe there.

    Home one lo fell asleep so we sat and watched a film. Nice early finish set all the children on to tidy up and hopefully going to see lego batman later.

    All in all a nice end to the half term
    It was a lovely day here too.

    I ended up with the day off as some mindees had grandparents unexpectedly turn up and others were ill! However, I couldn't make huge use of the day as I had a food delivery in the afternoon ( when mindees would have been napping ) and DD had a lesson mid morning!
    But I got a fair bit of stuff done and we did get out a bit.
    I want to see the lego movie ... but i suspect I'll be going on my own!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    7,013
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

    It was a lovely day here too.

    I ended up with the day off as some mindees had grandparents unexpectedly turn up and others were ill! However, I couldn't make huge use of the day as I had a food delivery in the afternoon ( when mindees would have been napping ) and DD had a lesson mid morning!
    But I got a fair bit of stuff done and we did get out a bit.
    I want to see the lego movie ... but i suspect I'll be going on my own!
    Honestly both me, dh and dd1 thought it was horrendous. Ds1 and 2 loved it dd2 fell asleep.

    Back to normal here very overcast looks like the heavens are going to open and windy.

    Been to get ds2 ears lowered now he looking for ideas for birthday presents. I do hope he comes up with something quick his birthday is Monday.

    Going to have a blitz on the house today so I can have a fairly easy day tomorrow before everyone returns Monday.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,893
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

    Honestly both me, dh and dd1 thought it was horrendous. Ds1 and 2 loved it dd2 fell asleep.

    Back to normal here very overcast looks like the heavens are going to open and windy.

    Been to get ds2 ears lowered now he looking for ideas for birthday presents. I do hope he comes up with something quick his birthday is Monday.

    Going to have a blitz on the house today so I can have a fairly easy day tomorrow before everyone returns Monday.
    Hmmmm... maybe I'll wait for the dvd!

    It's got very overcast here too ... going to hunker down and stay home! Been busy planning for the next few weeks so I have stuff ready to go for pancake day, world book day, etc etc! We might not use it, but i prefer to have things ready! If not used, they get filed away for next year!

    Good luck on the present shopping! DD bday is in a few weeks ... all she wants is yet more dance wear! But I can't buy it as a surprise because a) it needs to fit and b) she is incredibly fussy!

    (What did you mean about having his ears lowered??!!!)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    7,013
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post


    (What did you mean about having his ears lowered??!!!)
    I forget that this might be a local saying. He's been for a haircut 😂😂😂
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,893
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I forget that this might be a local saying. He's been for a haircut 😂😂😂
    LOL !!!! I was trying to think what it could mean, and never thought of that!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,329
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was hoping that's what you meant Fussy! Good luck with the present shopping. DD's birthday is close to Christmas and so I always struggle to think of enough presents. However, every single year without fail, come January and I can think of zillions of gift ideas for her. She seems to suddenly develop loads of new interests every January. She's got an awful long wait now!

    Speaking of interests, she's really into cake decorating, and so most weekends are spent baking so that she can then get artistic. I've done something I have never done before - I bought a pack of ready mixed cake mix - Sainsbury's basic range for 30p, lol! She was costing me a small fortune in butter, sugar and flour and it wasn't doing my weight any good. Plus, this created far less washing up. Tesco had a massive sale on marzipan and ready rolled icing (still in date but wouldn't last until December for all the Christmas cakes - hence the huge sale! Just sampled my cheapest ever cake and it was delicious! I was hoping it would taste awful as I am trying to lose weight ready for Summer.

  9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,031
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It was lovely here in Kent yesterday too and we spent the afternoon in the park. So nice to see the little ones out and about without their hands getting so cold everytime they touch something. Today is very overcast. We had rain before we got up too. But me and DP have blown all the leaves out of the garden and had a good tidy up, so hoping for some spare time to plant some bulbs and plants that need to go in. Off to Kew Gardens tomorrow with DD2 to see the orchid exhibition. Hope its a bit brighter than today though

  11. Likes Maza liked this post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
What a difference a day makes What a difference a day makes What a difference a day makes

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk