Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where is everyone?

It's too quiet on here these days! I miss you all!

What are you all up to this weekend? After a busy and wonderful week - day trips, lots of baking and crafting, catching up with old mindees and their mums - we are having a relaxing weekend. Long overdue haircut for dd at 1 o'clock today (she's desperately trying to grow it and thinks I'm being cruel making her have a trim). We're just watching some David Attenborough stuff on tv and then we'll do some more gardening - though my back is aching from doing the first big gardening session of the season yesterday.

Need to do homework with DD. I've always loved the way her school doesn't set homework for the holidays, but this time they have. It's rarely stuff that they can just get on with by themselves - I feel sorry for the kids who don't have parents willing or able to sit down with them.

Tonight I am determined to iron school uniform and work clothes for the week ahead, because I would rather do it on a Saturday night than on a Sunday night.

Do you have exciting plans?

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet everyone's out doing their gardens, not me though, still plodding through my SEF. I can see the end now though and definately going to treat myself when I have finished!

4. Likes Maza, BallyH, loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Day off today so yes have spent a lovely day gardening good old Spring tidy up. It's sooooo exciting to see all the lovely buds ready for summer colour and work among the spring flowers. Haven't quite finished got patio and steps to bleach and scrub but then we're all set.
    I probably won't be able to move much tomorrow!! Lol
    Just enjoying a nice bubble bath with my favourite body shop bubbles 000000 thank you Santa.

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm here! I've been shopping and trying to decide whether to buy a new laptop or not ...

I went to the gym this morning as well **polishing halo**

8. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've spent the day pottering. Just had a lovely shower and am now sitting in my heated rollers waiting for 'wine O clock' as am going to friends for dinner. Am hungry now and we've been invited for 8pm so may have to hold off on the wine as I don't want to arrive there tipsy after one glass on an empty stomach. Oh I just love Saturday night big decisions!

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a lovely day yesterday visiting DS at uni and taking him out to lunch.

Today was much more mundane with a food shop this morning and a spot of garden tidying this afternoon.

We've no real plans for tomorrow. If the weather's nice we might head out to one of the local National Trust places and have a wander round.

12. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

What are you all up to this weekend? After a busy and wonderful week - day trips, lots of baking and crafting, catching up with old mindees and their mums - we are having a relaxing weekend. Long overdue haircut for dd at 1 o'clock today (she's desperately trying to grow it and thinks I'm being cruel making her have a trim). We're just watching some David Attenborough stuff on tv and then we'll do some more gardening - though my back is aching from doing the first big gardening session of the season yesterday.

Need to do homework with DD. I've always loved the way her school doesn't set homework for the holidays, but this time they have. It's rarely stuff that they can just get on with by themselves - I feel sorry for the kids who don't have parents willing or able to sit down with them.

Tonight I am determined to iron school uniform and work clothes for the week ahead, because I would rather do it on a Saturday night than on a Sunday night.

Long day for #littlemissgoalie football even with dh being here to drive it's 4 hours out of our day.

I also think I'm falling apart slowly as I appear to have a bad back so have taken it easy today.

Ds homework is about the mayan civilisation which I don't know alot about so looking forward to helping him.

I have football for ds tomorrow and then because I'm a sucker for punishment having ds friend for a sleepover as half term.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

14. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am here recovering from writing a 4000 word case study, a chest infection and a teenage daughter who finally caught chicken pox and was quite poorly with it xx

Worked Saturday - spending Sunday spending what I earned :P

16. Likes FloraDora, Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Long day for #littlemissgoalie football even with dh being here to drive it's 4 hours out of our day.

I also think I'm falling apart slowly as I appear to have a bad back so have taken it easy today.

Ds homework is about the mayan civilisation which I don't know alot about so looking forward to helping him.

I have football for ds tomorrow and then because I'm a sucker for punishment having ds friend for a sleepover as half term.
    Oooh...the Mayan civilisation! I have to confess that I had barely heard of them until 2014. We stayed in an apartment in Paris near the Musee de Quai. We passed posters all the time with great pictures announcing ' Maya, revelation of a time without age' and I was intrigued so spent one wet afternoon finding out about them. It was fascinating and we had caught a travelling exhibition from Mexico so right place, right time sort of thing to find out something new! You will enjoy the home work I am sure Fussy. Bad news about your back ...I hope it gets better soon.

I understand how you feel Maza, I used to be obsessed with getting school clothes ready for the next week on a Friday night, all washed dried and ironed ( damp usually!) then I had a glass of wine, it was an obsessive ritual that DH tutted at but it meant more time for the family over the weekend. I never wanted to do school work on a Friday night and the boys largely wanted to play in excitement of the weekend...so this job out of the way satisfied me. DH always cooked spag boll or a chili so I had time.....then one summer's night we sat out in the garden instead....and my ritual got broken. It was much more relaxing. Thursday nights became school uniform sorting for the next week and I was really cross that one of the boys, one year had PE on a Friday and it had to be altered - DH then took over the role of ironing ( we traded ironing for bathrooms) and I have rarely ironed since, happiness for everyone...except he is happy to leave clothes for days waiting to be ironed which I have to ignore.

We are just starting our half term and despite best efforts to start the bedroom decorating I find myself in Manchester.
    We had planned a day visit to son but last minute decided ( in avoidance of starting the bedroom) to stay and do a night time photography walk. We stayed out until 1pm as it was quite mild last night and walked the quays at Salford, lovely lights and building shapes, well worth it. Currently I am the only one up and am just about to visit Booths - may become my favourite shop when I ' move up North ' next year, to get some croissants for breakfast. Yesterday's plan was to go home after breakfast, but I can't see that happening now as DH and DS want to process son's photos before setting off and they are both fast asleep....I may pick up Sunday roast ingredients too as the fridge here seems rather lacking in anything but beer...and strangely avocados?!

So we are starting the bedroom TOMORROW, for definite!
    Happy last day to those ending half term and holiday for those just starting.

18. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

It was my DS 4th birthday yesterday so we had some family and one friends round for a small gathering. He got lots of lego so we spent a lot of time building.

I had a rare meal out with a good friend last night. I don't often get to go out having two young kids.

Today hopefully going for a walk with the kids in the sunshine. I'd like to go for a run at some point and I have to DD to a party later (and possibly stay at the party).

20. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello ...

I don't know what happened to yesterday!

DH has traded in his car, and it was a fair way away, so we all went to pick up the 'new' ( to us ) car, and then stopped in at IKEA on our way past! managed to get a new junior chair ( like a normal dining chair, but with long legs, a bit like a bar stool/chair ) for half price in the bargain bit! I've been wanting an extra one for ages. plus a few other bits and bobs, but nothing exciting.

came home, DS cooked tea ( under severe sufferance! - DD & DS take it in turn to cook each Saturday - but we've got fed up of eating pasta in tomato sauce/oven baked things in breadcrumbs and chips. So the decision was, that anything cooked had to come from one of the recipe books! DS didn't want to cook ANYTHING - so I got the ingredients for stroganoff - which he likes, and is pretty easy and quick to cook - or should be!!! ) and then went out to a band concert!

usual day today of band/church/football and dancing!

I do want to try and get outside, and sort out my play area for half term, as for some reason, I seem to have agreed to children coming and going all over the place, and I'm not going to be able to get out exploring much, so will need the garden sorted - I'm planning on the children helping me too, but need to be sorted before they can then 'help' !!!

have a good day everyone

22. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely to hear from everyone!

Good that everyone seems well too - Fussy I hope your back gets better. Mine's aching too from over doing it with the gardening and I generally seem to suffer from a stiff neck and shoulder these days. DH got me a voucher for a massage for Christmas and I ought to use it soon, but I feel a bit self conscious. Has your cough and cold gone yet?

Tulip083 I hope your daughter gets better soon. Poor thing. DD still hasn't had it despite it going around her nursery and reception class and our setting a couple of times. Tulip, did you finish your SEF?

I still haven't ironed the uniform yet. Still, I'd rather do it on a Sunday morning than a Sunday evening... Homework is done though. It was a difficult one on Egyptian Gods.

Happy gardening everyone!

24. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have spent the weekend tidying and cleaning the house. My daughter, son in law and grandson moved out last weekend after 4 months if living with us. So DP and I have our space back. So we started last weekend but spent Sunday repairing the washing machine which has done an awful lot of work during their stay. I'm looking longingly at my garden which needs its spring clear up but then realise the windows have so many sticky marks on them that I can't actually see the garden through them. Oh well, there's always next weekend

26. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a busy weekend here too - Saturday my husband was still finishing doing decorating in dining room, which means another weekend spent with the dining room furniture in the lounge (he has fitted underfloor heating, tiled floor, fitted new skirtings & door architrave, now finishing the painting). I spent my time shopping for eldest grandsons birthday present - couldn't find what I wanted so ordered on line. We both took the dogs for a lovely walk in the countryside surrounding Longleat, then heard an advert on radio for a band playing in a local town that we saw a couple of months ago with friends, the band plays all 80's music - so we went and danced for hours to Human League, ABC, Duran Duran, etc.

Sunday I went swimming, walked the dogs, did some housework, then we visited Prior park Gardens near Bath (we were given National Trust) membership for Xmas, the gardens allows dogs, so we took them and then walked back to the car across a valley that is part of the Bath Skyline walk, I cooked a tasty roast dinner then spent about 3 hours doing a 2 year progress check.

So a busy weekend and a bit tired now but off to a lake near Longleat this morning with the mindees and dogs for a muddy walk round a lake to meet up with 2 other local childminders.

28. Likes Maza liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep I got my SEF finished late Saturday night. Not entirely happy with it but it's done for now x

30. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    Yep I got my SEF finished late Saturday night. Not entirely happy with it but it's done for now x
    Well done. You can keep going in and 'tweaking it'.

32. Likes Tulip liked this post