Thread: Half Term Plans

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Half Term Plans

What's everyone up to?

DD and I both have the same holiday this time - doesn't always happen as I teach in a different borough to the one where she goes to school. I'm not childminding BUT I am seeing four old mindees and their families socially, which I am really looking forward to.

We are meeting up with one old family - I minded three of their children over the years and DD and the eldest were inseparable. They are moving out of London though, so it will be tinged with sadness. I have become good friends with mum over the years. Then on Wednesday DD is going for a playdate at another old mindee's house and I will have a good catch up with the mum.

We are also off to visit the Hawk Conservancy in Andover one day as DD's current interest is birds. Luckily for us our local National Trust place is doing a bird themed activity day too every day next week. I will blink and the week will be gone.

Have a good week everyone, and stay warm. x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a lovely week Maza

I am working 4 days out of the 5, I am not too busy this week as 2 families are on holiday so I will make the most of it and get out and about (normally can't go to far due to space in the car and we live in a village so to get anywhere is a nightmare on the bus)I have a couple of trips planned on 1 day I only have a 5yr old mindee so off to the local zoo then on another day I have siblings that I have looked after for 5yrs now so we are off to the local farm park where they get to feed the animals etc.. the other days will be out to the local park/lots of crafts etc.

Have a good week everyone!
    Pixie Dust

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    What's everyone up to?

DD and I both have the same holiday this time - doesn't always happen as I teach in a different borough to the one where she goes to school. I'm not childminding BUT I am seeing four old mindees and their families socially, which I am really looking forward to.

We are meeting up with one old family - I minded three of their children over the years and DD and the eldest were inseparable. They are moving out of London though, so it will be tinged with sadness. I have become good friends with mum over the years. Then on Wednesday DD is going for a playdate at another old mindee's house and I will have a good catch up with the mum.

We are also off to visit the Hawk Conservancy in Andover one day as DD's current interest is birds. Luckily for us our local National Trust place is doing a bird themed activity day too every day next week. I will blink and the week will be gone.

Have a good week everyone, and stay warm. x

Have a lovely week, and enjoy the Hawk Conservancy. I haven't been for years. I used to go and fly Harris Hawks with them

have a good week too Pixie dust.

We're not on half term till next week, and as yet, no real plans, as the one day I thought we could go out and about, my own children have band practice and lessons in the middle of the day, and although they can walk ... it is a bit far to carry heavy brass instruments!
    we'll probably get out and about to assorted woods and beaches!

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love the birds of prey displays and did notice our local NT has a few coming up.....but I generally avoid HT weeks as we are so used to old folks days of no queues and easy car park spaces. There is something a little sad as well when I visit when children things are on and I don't have any to talk to about it, I have had a few strange looks when I strike up a conversation with a random family.....I have noticed that we are becoming a nation of not trusting people talking to you who you don't know.....or is it just the vibes I give out!

We are not on HT this week, neither are my teaching parents but their children go to either an Acadamy or private school so I have offered to have my ex siblings to the LO's I currently have on Th&F. I don't normally do school holidays so we are all excited about their return.
    The girls have sent me letters in response to my letter to them about what they would like to do. Both have suggested mainly outdoor activities around birds and the nature reserve which is lovely. Plus the fairy garden demise of only having under 2's has not gone amiss on their odd pick up visits as both have requested a makeover for them. One has drawn out a suggested fav menu - all illustrated....all food that DH makes and the other child's tastes...really well thought out and completed on her own parents tell me. So no planning needed from me or DH and his menus. At the bottom of one it says - no literacy or maths please. This made me a little sad as they used to love play activities around these subjects, one term into school and their enthusiasm has wained.
    When my HT arrives next week our plan is to decorate a bedroom we have been promising to do for two years. Usually family and friends suggest much more interesting activities though so this year they have all been told not to include us in their plans in our effort to get the job done. Youngest has hijacked next weekend first though.
    I spent yesterday and this morning painting furniture to start the job and I have ordered a carpet now...so we have to do it this time.
    Hope the weather is nice enough for all this week HT plans for those off.
    Last edited by FloraDora; 12-02-2017 at 02:42 PM.

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Half term here next week. Off to soft play tomorrow with 3 schoolies. Busy day Tuesday and Wednesday with mixed ages from 10 down to 1. Hoping for some walks in the woods. Thursday only hit 1 and Friday 4 young ones so hoping for a couple of easier days to finish off with.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Its half term here , I have a house full between 5 months and 10 ....and have come down with a cold and really sore chest....going for the kill or cure approach and heading to our local country park for the day . What i actually want to do is go back to bed!!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Mama2three, hope you feel better soon. Hopefully the fresh air will help, but try and take it easy in other ways - easy to prepare meals, or even ready made stuff, no fuss activities etc.

I was having a lovely day at our local NT place, with their new wetland walkway - but then I trod in dog mess. I know no one likes dog mess (except maybe flies) but I'm sure I hate it more than most rational people. It was all stuck in the grips of my wellies.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Have a lovely week, and enjoy the Hawk Conservancy. I haven't been for years. I used to go and fly Harris Hawks with them

have a good week too Pixie dust.

We're not on half term till next week, and as yet, no real plans, as the one day I thought we could go out and about, my own children have band practice and lessons in the middle of the day, and although they can walk ... it is a bit far to carry heavy brass instruments!
    we'll probably get out and about to assorted woods and beaches!
    We went yesterday loocyloo and I thought of you! It was amazing and we all agreed it was one of our best ever day trips. I would definitely recommend it for people living in that area (Andover). Quite pricey, but we had Tesco vouchers. I love Tesco vouchers!