Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Evening all!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Evening all!

How's everyone doing?

Life seems particularly manic here at the moment and my to-do list is growing daily. Maybe if I hide it away somewhere I can ignore everything that needs doing!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Having spent the day in bed unwell today I watched loose women. They were talking about how we stress out over todo lists but where would we be without one. Hope it calms down for you soon

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

life is manic here too!

I was getting really worried before Christmas that I was losing lots of children with no enquiries ... its all gone crazy, and I have new starters this week, new starters in a few weeks ( both of these are people I know, whose childcare needs changed ) and then a random phone call out of the blue, from someone finding me online ( ! ), with probable new starters after Easter! I almost don't know if I'm coming or going! oh, and a child I knew was leaving at Easter, ISN'T !!!! in April, I am going to have ... 13 EY children !!!! however, its not quite as bad as it sounds, as some only do a morning, and 5 are either at school nursery/reception and do wrap around !!!!

I keep a 'general' to do list, a 'childminding' to do list and a 'daily' to do list ... except i put more stuff on/cross it off, and change the day at the top! i am getting through the lists, but as fast as i cross something off, I add something to the bottom! I don't particularly stress over my to do lists, but they do keep me going! Once in a blue moon i have nothing on my list to do, or rather i do, but its not a 'MUST' do NOW ! and I am totally lost!

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I have those lists aswell lol! although I seem to cross one thing off and add three
    Maybe it's just me getting older but I don't know where the time goes these days, I never seem to be caught up with anything at the moment.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ive given up on lists . there is far too much to do , and i never seem to follow them anyway.!! Maybe thats why im only just doing my invoices this morning and theyre usually out about the 22nd! I used to be such a list person...and still have the when im packing for holiday , and for christmas presents etc. Id love to be organised but at almost 50 I think my haphazard habits are set for life now!

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    How's everyone doing?

Life seems particularly manic here at the moment and my to-do list is growing daily. Maybe if I hide it away somewhere I can ignore everything that needs doing!
    I'm totally washed out this week. DH has had flu and I've had some of the symptoms but I've been carrying on working as I had to have 2 days off last week when my boy was sick. I can't wait until 5.30 thus a d then that's it for the week. I feel like January has been a bit of a write off. Hoping my energy levels improve in Feb and I am motivated to get things done. I'm sure my first ofsted inspection will be anytime soon so need to get a few bits on order. Maybe a to do list would help!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I need a list to remind me to look at my lists! Otherwise I forget to do things/buy things etc.

So very very cold wind here today. My word when is Spring coming?

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been minus 4 here most of the day. Stupidly went back to work today after being off with a fluy cold but really wish I hadn't. Totally washed out now. Aching all over. Roll on the weekend x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Ellisha and Sylvia, hope you both start to feel better soon.

Filed my tax return today and feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I get so stressed about doing it. I would rather do a double SEF.

12. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I only did mine on Monday, it will time for this years before we know it!
    Every year I tell myself to write it all down as I go and every year I end up scrabbling around to do it all last minute, I'm my own worst enemy

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually do mine on Boxing Day, it being one day I can guarantee a few hours without interruption. This year I had an unexpected free day before Christmas, so I did it then. So for once I was a lot more relaxed over the holiday.

TBH there's no earthly reason why I shouldn't have it done by the end of April. I can only imagine that a hidden corner of my subconscious hopes I might die between April and January, leaving some other poor bu88er to sort it out.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How's everyone doing?

Manic here too with new starters. I have actually turned people away long may it continue after a lean few years.

But it means a change in my time management which need tweaking it hopefully I'm back on an even knell
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I usually do mine on Boxing Day, it being one day I can guarantee a few hours without interruption. This year I had an unexpected free day before Christmas, so I did it then. So for once I was a lot more relaxed over the holiday.

TBH there's no earthly reason why I shouldn't have it done by the end of April. I can only imagine that a hidden corner of my subconscious hopes I might die between April and January, leaving some other poor bu88er to sort it out.
    That's so funny! That's me too.

DH and I promised ourselves that we would do it in April this year - let's see...

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    That's so funny! That's me too.

DH and I promised ourselves that we would do it in April this year - let's see...
    I have always done mine in April then have a mild panic every January when I see everyone talking about getting tax returns done. It seems so long since I did mine that I have this momentary fear that I should perhaps be onto another one by now! I have to get my paperwork out and double check the dates

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always done mine in April then have a mild panic every January when I see everyone talking about getting tax returns done. It seems so long since I did mine that I have this momentary fear that I should perhaps be onto another one by now! I have to get my paperwork out and double check the dates
    I would be the same! I just panic incase my log in details don't work or if I can't find stuff I need like my P60. I hate working out the percentage of bills and have to do most calculations twice as I just don't trust myself. Honestly, it felt wonderful waking up today knowing I had done it.

20. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since I retired I have always submitted it in May. It was rather a novelty having spent 40 years having it done for me and since Finance was a big part of my other life I loved that my book keeping was designed exactly as I wanted it and not on the LEA's rules!
    But the novelty has worn off...and I submitted mine on Monday this week....with relief, as you say Maza.

Despite giving up my consultancy work I had picked up quite an income as my schools didn't want to lose me ...and I am useless at saying no, but work mainly on the phone and via email.....so I have to declare my pension, childminding, LEA income and my private consultancy business!!!!
    A close friend who is an accountant came to Sunday lunch last week ( not at all planned!) and talked about me needing the computer for this other business now...and although I had told my clients I was finishing I didn't tell the tax man....so I was able to use it under a heading which reduced my profit, thank you friend!

One of my LO's mum has told me this week that she has applied to go part time and if successful then I will only have LO on a Wednesday....this has made me feel better about officially retiring in July.....but I have just looked at what you have to do to close a business via tax man and that looks like a nightmare, I might think about getting an accountant ( but not my friends as I think my finances are my private affair) to do this.

Though I do feel a little sad about the retirement decision being almost final.