Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Weekend Bargain

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend Bargain

In WH Smith today we got a box of 6 Christmas crackers for 99p! They had loads of boxes left too. They were originally £9.99 and have gradually been marked down to this fab price. Decent prizes inside them too. I do love a bargain!

How's everyone's weekend going?

2. Likes Mouse liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    In WH Smith today we got a box of 6 Christmas crackers for 99p! They had loads of boxes left too. They were originally £9.99 and have gradually been marked down to this fab price. Decent prizes inside them too. I do love a bargain!

Cool bargain!

I went shopping this morning on MY OWN ! I needed some more scrapbooks and bits and I had a lovely time. No bargains but lots of bits and pieces from poundland and the works... including 3 copies of my favourite book 'wow said the owl' :0) (for presents)

Now having a family evening watching 'sound of music' DD'S choice...DS is not impressed ... as he is having to stay downstairs and 'watch' too! (Although he is attached to an electronic device!)

Lazy day tomorrow with just a couple of hours dance practice for DD and football for DS plus band and church!

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love a good bargain and I love Christmas crackers! You know how rubbish I am at getting organised for Christmas? Well, the Christmas crackers are the one thing I always have ready in plenty of time...and lots of them.
    I've already got 3 boxes of them on top of the wardrobe

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's an amazing bargain.

Football has been called off for today and tomorrow so I decided to cull my bookcases downstairs.

Got rid of 12 baking/cook books. 1 sewing bee 1 kirstie allsop as they were just gathering dust. 4 novels and I have now managed to get all my books on the 1 bookcase. Not entirely sure why this has filled me with a sense of accomplishment.

Dd4 has decided she's a fan of the voice I'm not but am enduring for her sake.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Cool bargain!

I went shopping this morning on MY OWN ! I needed some more scrapbooks and bits and I had a lovely time. No bargains but lots of bits and pieces from poundland and the works... including 3 copies of my favourite book 'wow said the owl' :0) (for presents)

Now having a family evening watching 'sound of music' DD'S choice...DS is not impressed ... as he is having to stay downstairs and 'watch' too! (Although he is attached to an electronic device!)

Lazy day tomorrow with just a couple of hours dance practice for DD and football for DS plus band and church!
    I had the opposite today - I normally shop on my own on my day off, partly because it's easier on my own and partly because I hate shopping with the masses on the weekend. Anyway today DD wanted to choose a birthday present for her best friend and so off we went. We actually both had a lovely time because it was such a novelty. Neither of us could remember the last time we were in a supermarket together. Beauty in the ordinary!

I've not heard of 'Wow Said the Owl' - I'll check it out - we love owls in this house! Enjoy the Sound of Music.

Mouse, I am impressed, and at Christmas if you can't remember where you have hidden them we can all remind you!

Fussy that's amazing - I would feel very proud too! I saw a bit of The Voice once and immediately didn't like it but probably didn't give it much of a chance.

We've been listening to the music from Joseph for the last couple of days as DD is going to see it with school next week. I think she'll enjoy it more if she knows some of the songs. I think DH is going slightly crazy now though! DH and I are just sitting down to watch the new series of Fortitude. I love the scenery - I find it totally fascinating.

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great bargain, now all you have to do is remember where you store it! DH rolls his eyes in despair when I see a Christmas linked ' must have' in January as I generally either forget about it the following Christmas or remember, but forget where I put it!

Was supposed to be visiting youngest son today but he is full of a heavy cold so quite rightly, doesn't want to emerge from his bed.....so have started cleaning my kitchen early instead...6.00am - and have nearly finished, the problem with a kitchen with open shelves ( which I love for ease of finding essential cooking oils, spices etc...) is that it needs deep cleaning weekly/ fortnightly. But only the spice wall to go now, I have moved all the little tins onto the work surface ( I have a magnetic wall with herbs and spices in little metal tins) ...just need to clean them all and put them back alphabetically or DH gets irritated! But stopped for a coffee and Internet browse before I face this task.

Looking forward to the big bird watch now ( had postponed it until tomorrow originally) and listening to David Beckam on Dessert Island discs at 11.15 am, think I might do both together from the kitchen window ( it looks a bit too cold out there to be sitting in our bird hide).
    We are off into Birmingham ( was going into Manchester with ds) for their Chines New Year parade this afternoon now. I need a Chinese New Year linked photo for a photo friends meet this week....DH did hopefully suggest the cockeral from a garden on our canal walk or a photo of the dragon the Lo's made this week ..but I am sure he will love the atmosphere once we get there...and park. ( he hates parking when there is something big on in Brum, but the train is going to be packed too.)

Culling my bookshelves is not a task I love either, I am so attached to books..so well done Fussy, I understand your achievement, especially the Kirsty book...my craft books sometimes just sit there looking at me, willing me to pick them out and use, making me feel guilty at my lack of crafty work. But if I go to move them to the upstairs shelves they shout " you'll never do any if you abandon us to the den shelves!" And so they stay...and I sit on the chair where I can't see the book titles!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

That's an amazing bargain.

Football has been called off for today and tomorrow so I decided to cull my bookcases downstairs.

Got rid of 12 baking/cook books. 1 sewing bee 1 kirstie allsop as they were just gathering dust. 4 novels and I have now managed to get all my books on the 1 bookcase. Not entirely sure why this has filled me with a sense of accomplishment.

Dd4 has decided she's a fan of the voice I'm not but am enduring for her sake.
    Well done on the book front ... i culled about 10 from my recipe book collection a few weeks ago. I copied the single recipe I had used and liked and sent them on their way! I still have a few more to go!

In order to keep the book collection to a couple of bookcases, I decided that this year I would not buy any books ... just get them from the library, or read in the kindle (I have loads on it waiting to be read) I may relent and buy some kindle books when I go away as easier than taking pile of library books!

I'm trying to cull videos at the moment ... don't know why it's so hard!... we don't have a video player and haven't for several years! So far, I've found most things on YouTube. I think for me is that I can't remember what we have/ had without looking, and so the likes of Ludwig the egg and oscars orchestra would never be seen again ( not that they've been watched lately, but you know what I mean! ) thinking about it... i just need to write them down!
    Now ... does anyone know of anywhere that will take old videos? I can use the tape of one as bird scarer/wind activities in the garden with mindees but not 30 plus!

Flora enjoy Chinese New Year. I used to go up to London every year and loved it ... but now my closest is Newcastle and as I don't know Newcastle at all, I'm not keen on going that far.
    Last edited by loocyloo; 29-01-2017 at 08:51 AM.

13. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the parade Floradora. We were supposed to be going today but now DD is busy making a piñata for DH's birthday and doesn't really want to go. I might go on my own but would feel bad as it is precious family time. Supposed to be doing birdwatch today too. Definitely doing it from the kitchen window! Baked our snacks for it yesterday. Taking bets on what will be our most frequent visitors - but we all agree it will be blue tits.

Loocyloo I was thinking about video tapes yesterday! I have some of my old dancing shows from the 80s and 90s and need to get round to doing whatever we have to do so that we can watch them again. Videos are something else that I used to love giving and receiving at Christmas time too, along with CDs and recipe books, but with everything so readily available online now there is no point. It is getting harder and harder to think of great presents isn't it?

15. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I envious or your bargains but by the fact you're all going out. Still feeling weak and exhausted from this awful cold. I must get my house in order today or I can't open tomorrow!! Have a good day everyone

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I envious or your bargains but by the fact you're all going out. Still feeling weak and exhausted from this awful cold. I must get my house in order today or I can't open tomorrow!! Have a good day everyone
    I have just spent 2 hours decluttering the drawers and sideboard. Everything again has a place. I'm not stupid enough to think it will last but I can enjoy it for a while.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

18. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Oh no Sylvia, hope you feel better soon. We haven't left the house yet and it's almost 1pm. We didn't make it to the parade - too much crafting going on and it started to rain anyway. There's always next year. We did birdwatch and saw some long tailed tits for the first time. One kept coming right up to our kitchen window (kitchen on first floor, at tree level) on the edge of a branch and was preening itself right in front of us. The highlight of our day.

Watched the tennis and now about to have bacon and egg butties for lunch and then we HAVE to get out. First job is to move the bird feeders to a different spot. Last week we made some birdfeeders at an event we went to. We experimented putting them in a different spot to our usual ones - on some flimsy branches so that the squirrels couldn't access them, but a week on and they haven't been touched. After that we're off for a muddy walk in the woods.

Sylvia I would just get half the house in order and close the doors on the other rooms. Tackle them when you feel better. x

20. Likes FloraDora, SYLVIA liked this post