Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hubby has just said...

Hubby has just said "Shall we go to Ikea today?" Totally out of the blue!

I didn't take long to answer. I've only been a couple of times in the last 16 years as we don't have one close by. DD told him that she would like some shelves in her room and he found some at IKEA. He even knows the number of the aisle where the shelves will be. Silly boy. Does he honestly think we are just going to go straight to that aisle and then home again?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Hubby has just said "Shall we go to Ikea today?" Totally out of the blue!

I didn't take long to answer. I've only been a couple of times in the last 16 years as we don't have one close by. DD told him that she would like some shelves in her room and he found some at IKEA. He even knows the number of the aisle where the shelves will be. Silly boy. Does he honestly think we are just going to go straight to that aisle and then home again?
    You lucky thing my dh would never say that.
    What else do you want?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have fun. We're only 30mins from ours so I quite often just go in to get what I need. I tend to go in through the exit and go the wrong way if what I need is nearer the exit. The horror on some people's faces that I'm not following the arrows....

4. Likes Mouse, Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH wont go , and actually i much prefer it on my own so i can browse and wander - he too would want to go straight to the aisles. Not been for ages , ive got a list........

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Have fun. We're only 30mins from ours so I quite often just go in to get what I need. I tend to go in through the exit and go the wrong way if what I need is nearer the exit. The horror on some people's faces that I'm not following the arrows....
    We did that last time we went. I felt like a real rebel

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My DH quite likes IKEA. He sits eating breakfast while I go and shop

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, enjoy and let us all know what you buy x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we got

Two of those little plant pot/candle holders that look a bit like white lace. DD uses them as her pen pots on her desk and I had originally bought them for tea lights
    100 tea lights
    A larger one and an artificial plant to go inside it
    napkins
    A lovely bath mat
    Face cloths
    3 packs of chopping boards/mats (two in a pack)
    One of those kids mini tea-sets made out of pottery - pastel colours. Wanted one for ages...
    Freezer bags in two different sizes
    A ball of red string
    Straws
    A scraper for getting excess water off the shower door
    Plug adaptor
    Roller for getting dust off the back of the sofa
    Reversible photo frame on a little stand
    Big bag of crisps
    Some cinnamon swirls (not very nice)
    Two bags of meatballs
    The shelves that we originally went for

We also had a hot dog afterwards, with loads of mustard and ketchup. Most unlike DH as he never eats junk food. He's in a really good mood today "Yeah, shove it in the trolley" type of good mood. It's almost worrying, lol.

12. Likes FloraDora, Tulip liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Reversible photo frame on a little stand
    Ive seen these a load on the Internet. Very useful

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we got

Two of those little plant pot/candle holders that look a bit like white lace. DD uses them as her pen pots on her desk and I had originally bought them for tea lights

3 packs of chopping boards/mats (two in a pack)

Freezer bags in two different sizes

I've got a few of the larger holders in pink and white. I use them for pens, pencils and make up brushes.

Are the chopping boards red and green? They're my favourite ones. I've tried several different ones over the years but always go back to the Ikea ones.

I LOVE the food bags. I buy them in all 3 sizes and use them for everything. Because they've got the double clip top (assuming they're the same ones), they are great for making messy play bags.

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm now in two minds.

Had fun at the weekend reorganising my wardrobe and drawers with IKEA organisers and drawer dividers.

OTOH I've had to glue my wooden children's chairs back together gain because some of the joints just aren't proper joints.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been to Ikea today. We live about 20 minutes from one. I went on my own as always. I bought my Christmas tree from them early December and it cost £25 and you get a £20 voucher to spend in store between something like 16/1 - 10/2. So off I went. I spent £53. They're not fools are they?. Last year I did the same and spent over £80 so at least I was more cautious this time. I kept putting little things in the trolley thinking I better buy something as 'I've got £20 to spend!'. I bought a lamp for my son's bedroom at £11 but the light bulb cost £9! I bought a toilet brush, some tealights, 4 hooks for my wall so I can 'hook' my son's muddy trainers and muddy football boots up to dry them, a fake green plant (quite realistic actually) for a pot outside my door and some napkins, some frozen pancakes and some small picture frames. I love going into all the room scenes. I had a great morning.

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k1rstie View Post
    Ive seen these a load on the Internet. Very useful
    Have you? I first heard of them through Floradora who uses them for self-registration (I thinks that's what you said Floradora?). The other day I was on a writing course (aimed more at schools but could be adapted to any setting/age) and the guy said he uses them to display a piece of a child's writing at the start of the year/term in one side and then the most recent piece of writing in the other side. It's a way of celebrating their writing and the pupil - or parents at Parent's Eve - can see at a glance how much progress they have made.

Have you seen any other good ideas?

DD is currently using it as a tv for her small cuddly toys.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I've got a few of the larger holders in pink and white. I use them for pens, pencils and make up brushes.

Are the chopping boards red and green? They're my favourite ones. I've tried several different ones over the years but always go back to the Ikea ones.

I LOVE the food bags. I buy them in all 3 sizes and use them for everything. Because they've got the double clip top (assuming they're the same ones), they are great for making messy play bags.
    Yes! We've tried loads over the years too and always come back to these. I use several everyday. However today they didn't have the red and green ones - they were a beautiful blue and black/grey (if they were Crayola crayons they would probably be called teal blue and gun metal grey). They are not quite the same though - slightly different texture and not quite non-slip, so we will see. If they don't work they will become playdough mats.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bunyip;1428754]I'm now in two minds.

Had fun at the weekend reorganising my wardrobe and drawers with IKEA organisers and drawer dividers.

OTOH I've had to glue my wooden children's chairs back together gain because some of the joints just aren't proper joints.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Not good. My brother bought some bedroom drawers from there and the legs soon broke off them.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I love the food bags too!

Sounds like you had a good trip Maza!
    I always buy meatballs and the gravy mix.

Hmmmm haven't been for ages ... am feeling the need for a trip coming on ...

24. Likes Maza liked this post