Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    We have lots of snow in Kent. Caused total chaos in rush hour. One of my mums had her car pranged on the way home. 4 x4's are struggling too
    Oh more has fallen. Dh has had to go out and get ds1 from cadets and says he's surrounded by people who can't drive :-D
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just gotten up of my sofa and looked out my window. We have a very light dusting on car roofs only. The ground is clear but wet. It is very cold. So disappointing. DS outdoor football practise at 8pm was cancelled.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Still nothing :0 (
    Woke up to a light covering of snow and it's still snowing!

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Still nothing!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

None here in suffolk

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gutted children their primary has stayed open. All EYFS mindees have got here but luckily dh is here to do the school run
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning. We have a few inches of snow but the roads and paths are dangerous now as the churned up snow from last night is frozen. Dreading the lunch time preschool run climbing a steep hill with a double buggy one one walking followed by a school run at half three. We are due more snow at half 10 for a couple of hours too. At least it's Friday though. Stay safe everyone

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had a bit of snow here but it's just horrible now- wet, windy and very sludgy. Not my idea of a nice snowy day at all

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Snowing now. Very windy and so cold. Be safe everybody.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It stopped snowing after a couple of hours ... all just cold wet damp sludgy and no fun at all!
    I brought some in to play with and no one liked it! Took babe out who sat and looked around for a few minutes and that was it!

Just grey cloud and lots of wind now. Hope everyone is safe x

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we had the next lot at 10.15 for an hour. It is very windy but slowly thawing at the moment. But I've been so lucky today, the mum of the schoolies I have today took them to school and is now collecting them too. I was telling my CM friend I usually see on Fridays about the lunchtime problem and she got a bus and then a train to me to sit with the mindees while I did the pick up. We had lunch then she did it in reverse to get home before walking to get the schoolies she has today. What a true friend. Thank you flowers already on the way to her

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Well we had the next lot at 10.15 for an hour. It is very windy but slowly thawing at the moment. But I've been so lucky today, the mum of the schoolies I have today took them to school and is now collecting them too. I was telling my CM friend I usually see on Fridays about the lunchtime problem and she got a bus and then a train to me to sit with the mindees while I did the pick up. We had lunch then she did it in reverse to get home before walking to get the schoolies she has today. What a true friend. Thank you flowers already on the way to her
    What a lovely friend xxx

14. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Excitedly woke up at 6 to snow.....continued in dribs and drabs but a great downfall at 8-9.15 ensured a settled amount.
    Parents are late....but excited too children arrive with salopetts and warm layers in anticipation that I would be out playing in the snow.
    Plan a snow day.
    Snow turns to rain.....in 10 minutes the snow had gone from my garden.
    After breakfast we spent 15 minutes kitting out two under 2's and ourselves and happily set out looking for snow in the nature reserve/ local field.
    Sang, raced, had a good time....found a big patch of fairly deep snow in a nook with no wind....one LO loved it...the other cried....and cried...and cried!
    Activity cut short as I couldn't distract crier....she was not a happy bunny...all wrapped up and hating it all!

Back home to warm water play and stickle bricks ( her favourite at the moment) ...all smiles....but at least I tried.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Floradora that reminds me of my Ofsted inspection in 2010. There was deep snow and I spent longer dressing my two toddlers for the snow than we did playing in it. My mindee, under 2 at the time, played in it for a short time and then wanted to come inside but my DD who has always been obsessed with snow wanted to stay out. I remember thinking "Oh no, here we go, how do I handle this if she has a tantrum" but bless her she agreed to come in without a fuss. My inspection was the day after her 2nd birthday and so I guess the 'terrible twos' hadn't properly kicked in, lol.

How was your stay in London Floradora? I bet it was lovely to see your son.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Floradora that reminds me of my Ofsted inspection in 2010. There was deep snow and I spent longer dressing my two toddlers for the snow than we did playing in it. My mindee, under 2 at the time, played in it for a short time and then wanted to come inside but my DD who has always been obsessed with snow wanted to stay out. I remember thinking "Oh no, here we go, how do I handle this if she has a tantrum" but bless her she agreed to come in without a fuss. My inspection was the day after her 2nd birthday and so I guess the 'terrible twos' hadn't properly kicked in, lol.

How was your stay in London Floradora? I bet it was lovely to see your son.
    London is great...but now I am at the end of the week...exhausted...see my other thread.
    I do love everything about London. I am not sure why..the British occasional tourist in me still see's it as thrilling.
    We discovered the 10th floor of the Tate modern...great for taking photos. We ate in small restaurants ( Savoir Fair is a favourite, just one street down from the British Museum). I was in awe on Monday of waiters and bar staff that had taken 3 hours to get to work in order to serve me well! The lad who took our bags down at the end of our stay told us that he had spent 14 hours on Monday to work an 8 hour shift ( basic wage) ...somebody needs to do a documentary about this...the tremendous workers keeping London alive....I couldn't help thinking about my London childminder peers and if they had to work extra hours on Monday too?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a lovely time. As a childminder I was never affected by the tube strikes - some of my parents cycled to work and others could get the over ground trains and then a bus to me. However as a teacher it was awful. I used to have to take the District line, followed by the Piccadilly line each day to work as I lived miles away from my school. I used to have to sleep at a colleague's house the night before - one who lived close to school. Then I would stay at school really late the following evening until the tubes were up and running again. That was before DD was born. I obviously couldn't do that now. It is really hard for people.

I remember once I was waiting at a bus stop and an elderly gentleman was saying how he hadn't been able to get to a hospital appointment in the city that he had been waiting for for months (because of the tube strike). Bless him, he had spent the best part of the morning trying to get there by alternative means, had to give up and then spent the best part of the afternoon trying to get back home. I felt so sad for him.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

True, but then everyone forgets the Tube workers who walk for hours through snow to ensure the stations open at all in winter. Or walk for miles to be there and provide information when there was no transport because of the bombings, and staff didn't even know if their station might be the next target, but stood on the line all the same (and the only thanks they got was a free ticket to a Wallace and Gromit movie.)

The British travelling public have very short memories and small, selfish minds for far too much of the time. If rail workers strike, sacrificing their own pay to protect public safety standards, they are derided for it. But they also get blamed and criticised if there's an accident once the management has been allowed to get away with dangerous penny-pinching cuts.

Are people really so stupid that they're happy for more young females to be sexually assaulted or old folk mugged or young males brutally assaulted, because managers want to reduce staffing levels to the point where public areas (and in some cases entire stations are left unmanned?)

Sadly, the plain truth is that many people are perfectly happy for these things to happen, just so long as they happen to somebody else and their own little lives aren't inconvenienced by the fight to stop it.

20. Likes mama2three liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No one here was saying anything bad about the staff going on strike - trust me, I totally get it. But, it doesn't mean we can't moan about the inconvenience caused to us personally - I like moaning and I am really good at it, apparently.

22. Likes bunyip liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12